Unusual Series 1 CX on Ebay France
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 27
  1. #1
    Member Pommiefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    85

    Default Unusual Series 1 CX on Ebay France

    Hi Guys,

    I spotted this rather unusual looking CX on Ebay France and I thought it may be of interest.

    I have never seen a CX with so many aftermarket extras on it, I dont think any of these cosmetic extras would have been standard.

    Unfortunately, I cant read French very well so I am not too sure what the description says.

    Advertisement


    CX on Ebay France

    So who dares to say they like it? I do, but then again I have often been told that I have weird taste.

  2. #2
    Moderator Alan S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    8,923

    Default

    Have a go at the air/con compressor. It's one of those Spanish twin cylinder shop types; should be chilling a merchandiser in a Super market.
    You kidding that wouldn't do wondrs for the fuel economy....say bring it back to about 10MPG on a hot day be my reckoning.

    Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

  3. #3
    Member Pommiefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    Have a go at the air/con compressor. It's one of those Spanish twin cylinder shop types; should be chilling a merchandiser in a Super market.
    You kidding that wouldn't do wondrs for the fuel economy....say bring it back to about 10MPG on a hot day be my reckoning.

    Alan S
    Hi Alan,

    Not quite sure if I understand your post, I am thinking you meant to post that somewhere else??
    Regards,

    George
    Leicestershire, England
    1971 DS21 EFI, Pallas, BVH, Blog:http://www.mypallas.net

  4. #4
    Moderator Alan S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    8,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pommiefrog
    Hi Alan,

    Not quite sure if I understand your post, I am thinking you meant to post that somewhere else??
    No George, I meant it right where it is.



    Take a look in the right bottom corner. That big green square looking thing is an old time (and I do mean OLD time) air/con compressor with the two big black hoses coming from it.
    In my days of working in my trade, you'd find one that big working in a shop powering a combination cabinet, display and 4 Ice cream holes of about 8 - 10 foot in length.
    They were the original compressors used in models back in the 70's before the current cylindrical types but needed most of the HP of the engine to power them. I had a 2200 with one and it used to keep the car at around 29 degrees on a 30 degree day and if I drove very economically, I may get around 10MPG (no joking) over a long trip. With petrol prices as they are today, methinks the antique air would get very little use regardless of how hot it got.


    Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

  5. #5
    Member Pommiefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Thanks for the laymans explanation Alan, I sure did need it!

    With that profound effect on the fuel consumption, i think it's definately windows down!

    It's quite a stange looking CX don't you think?

    I went to France last week in the CX and the air con compressor decided to give up the ghost so it was windows down from Calais to a town close ish to Bordeaux (about 900km). I got a lovely tan on my right arm
    Regards,

    George
    Leicestershire, England
    1971 DS21 EFI, Pallas, BVH, Blog:http://www.mypallas.net

  6. #6
    Moderator Alan S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    8,923

    Default

    From years of driving CXs, I've got sun cancers all up mine.

    Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

  7. #7
    Tadpole Marulek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Slovenia (EU)
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Looks like a bloddy "XR6" version of CX, with rear bull bars... Perhaps it was an export model for Australia, what do you know.

    Regards,
    Martin

  8. #8
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cootamundra Australia
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marulek
    Looks like a bloddy "XR6" version of CX, with rear bull bars... Perhaps it was an export model for Australia, what do you know.

    Regards,
    Martin
    Kangaroos are fast but not that fast

    Hoo roo
    Cooch

  9. #9
    Fellow Frogger! blahblah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    No George, I meant it right where it is.



    Take a look in the right bottom corner. That big green square looking thing is an old time (and I do mean OLD time) air/con compressor with the two big black hoses coming from it.
    In my days of working in my trade, you'd find one that big working in a shop powering a combination cabinet, display and 4 Ice cream holes of about 8 - 10 foot in length.
    They were the original compressors used in models back in the 70's before the current cylindrical types but needed most of the HP of the engine to power them. I had a 2200 with one and it used to keep the car at around 29 degrees on a 30 degree day and if I drove very economically, I may get around 10MPG (no joking) over a long trip. With petrol prices as they are today, methinks the antique air would get very little use regardless of how hot it got.


    Alan S
    The original fitment twin piston compressor will hammer the hell out of the camshaft as well ( I beleive this was a problem on the SM). If someone has a fetish for period accessories for a CX (everything looks made for the car - the oddments tray on the dash, the fog light housings etc) it would be the go...

    The leather looks sensational though along with the door trims.
    It will be a four speed if it's a manual.

    Cheers,

    Chris

  10. #10
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Near Lismore, Northern Rivers, NSW
    Posts
    15

    Default A quick mechanical translation

    From

    http://dictionary.reference.com/translate/text.html

    In English:
    For collector: CITROEN CX 2400PALLAS OF 1977MODELE INTERRESSANT ANY PREMIERE SERIES WITH WINGS PLATES114800 KMS Of GRAY ORIGIN ESPADON.CUIR BEIGE IN SUPER STATE WITH SUPPORTS HEADS BEFORE AND ARRIERE.VITRES AND RETRO ELECTRIC. CLIM (has to reload). DIRECTION ASSISTEE A RECALL CONTROLLED "diravi" RIMS ALUMINUM OF 14 WITH VERY RARE MICHELIN GOOD ETAT.ATTELE.ECHAPPEMENT RECENT.NOMBREUX ADDITIONAL: DOUBLE OPTICS WITH IN MORE 2ND SMALL HEADLIGHT IN LARGE OPTICS. ADDITIONAL STOPS ANTI BROUILLARD.FLECHE OF CAP WITH ESCUTCHEON. AERATEUR CAP. RODS CHROMEES TURN OF CAP AND COFFRE.BAVETTES. BAR PROTECTION CHROMEE A the AR.DEFLECTEUR SMALL SIZE PANES AV.CACHES AILES/ROUES AR CHROMIUM PLATES. SHELF DASHBOARD. MANO T WATER JEAGER. CENTRAL BALUSTRADES AV AND AR LEATHER. GRID AVOIDS SUN DEFLECTEUR GLASSES AR.COUSSINS RE-FIXING FEET AR......... +DONNE WITH ONE CX 2000 OF 1976 IN BAD CONDITION BODY BUT MUCH OF RECENT PARTS A RECUPERER AND 4 MICHELIN TBESUR The 2400 PALLAS TRACES IN VARNISH AND SOME TRACES OF LOW CORROSION 2 WINGS AV. LOW 2 DOORS AV AND A LITTLE WING LEFT AR. The CT WILL BE MASTER KEY IF The EAST PURCHASE CARRIES OUT.
    Frogless!

  11. #11
    Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Ballarat,Vic,Aust.
    Posts
    16,748

    Default

    I don't like it. It looks like something that only the americans would do to a poor car. What is with all the stick on silver trim and horrid headlights.

    I'd prefer the wheel spats to the awful chrome trim they have put around there gap.

    seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

    Yay ... No Slugomatics


    Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

  12. #12
    Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Coolum Beach
    Posts
    2,050

    Default horrid translation!

    Quote Originally Posted by Frogless-Skippy
    From

    http://dictionary.reference.com/translate/text.html

    In English:
    For collector: CITROEN CX 2400PALLAS OF 1977MODELE INTERRESSANT ANY PREMIERE SERIES WITH WINGS PLATES114800 KMS Of GRAY ORIGIN ESPADON.CUIR BEIGE IN SUPER STATE WITH SUPPORTS HEADS BEFORE AND ARRIERE.VITRES AND RETRO ELECTRIC. CLIM (has to reload). DIRECTION ASSISTEE A RECALL CONTROLLED "diravi" RIMS ALUMINUM OF 14 WITH VERY RARE MICHELIN GOOD ETAT.ATTELE.ECHAPPEMENT RECENT.NOMBREUX ADDITIONAL: DOUBLE OPTICS WITH IN MORE 2ND SMALL HEADLIGHT IN LARGE OPTICS. ADDITIONAL STOPS ANTI BROUILLARD.FLECHE OF CAP WITH ESCUTCHEON. AERATEUR CAP. RODS CHROMEES TURN OF CAP AND COFFRE.BAVETTES. BAR PROTECTION CHROMEE A the AR.DEFLECTEUR SMALL SIZE PANES AV.CACHES AILES/ROUES AR CHROMIUM PLATES. SHELF DASHBOARD. MANO T WATER JEAGER. CENTRAL BALUSTRADES AV AND AR LEATHER. GRID AVOIDS SUN DEFLECTEUR GLASSES AR.COUSSINS RE-FIXING FEET AR......... +DONNE WITH ONE CX 2000 OF 1976 IN BAD CONDITION BODY BUT MUCH OF RECENT PARTS A RECUPERER AND 4 MICHELIN TBESUR The 2400 PALLAS TRACES IN VARNISH AND SOME TRACES OF LOW CORROSION 2 WINGS AV. LOW 2 DOORS AV AND A LITTLE WING LEFT AR. The CT WILL BE MASTER KEY IF The EAST PURCHASE CARRIES OUT.
    Here is a real translation, by.....me:
    Pallas 1977 model
    Interesting model, first series with flat wings.
    Genuine 114800kms, Espadon Grey,Beige Leather excellent condition with front and rear headrests. electric windows and mirrors, aircon (to be regazed)power steering (diravi), 14" alloy wheels with good cond michelins, towbar, recent exhaust, lots of rare accessories, twin headlights including extra headlight, accessory bumpers, foglights, bonnet emblem, chrome bonnet surround, mud flaps, chrome bull bar rear, wind deflectors, chrome emblem on rear wheel guards, gauges water and revcounter brand is Jaeger, front and rear centre console in leather, sungard grille, rear wind deflectors, footrests
    + I give the buyer an extra CX2000 1976 model poor condition but includes a lot of good parts plus 4 very good michelins.
    On the CX2400 scratches in the paint and rust in front bottom mud guards,
    front doors, and left rear mudguard. Safety certificate given on purchase.


    How' that? any better.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

    DS23 IE Pallas Automatique Borg Warner
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive Automatique AM6
    C3 II 2010 Automatique AL4
    Peugeot Boxer Van hired from T.....y, that was manual!
    and bloody good too!

  13. #13
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Near Lismore, Northern Rivers, NSW
    Posts
    15

    Default A much better translation

    I'll admit it harrison_citroen, that is a far superior translation! I just used the web site I keep in my favourites for late night foreign eBay translations. However, yours does lack the idiosyncratic charm of such entities as 'wings plates', and the cryptic 'The CT WILL BE MASTER KEY IF The EAST PURCHASE CARRIES OUT.' Worthy of the Da Vinci Code I rekon'...
    Frogless!

  14. #14
    Fellow Frogger! 123abc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    358

    Default

    id hate to have to change one of those v belts....

  15. #15
    Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Ballarat,Vic,Aust.
    Posts
    16,748

    Default

    The 'V' belts aren't to bad on the 4spders. Try a later 5spd car. You have to remove the crankshaft pulley to the get belts off

    seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

    Yay ... No Slugomatics


    Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

  16. #16
    Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Coolum Beach
    Posts
    2,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frogless-Skippy
    I'll admit it harrison_citroen, that is a far superior translation! I just used the web site I keep in my favourites for late night foreign eBay translations. However, yours does lack the idiosyncratic charm of such entities as 'wings plates', and the cryptic 'The CT WILL BE MASTER KEY IF The EAST PURCHASE CARRIES OUT.' Worthy of the Da Vinci Code I rekon'...
    Your translation had me worried for a while.
    Then I looked at your avatar, and realised you lived in "ANKH-MORPOCK".
    Where the @@##$%#@&( is ANKH-MORPOCK ?
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

    DS23 IE Pallas Automatique Borg Warner
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive Automatique AM6
    C3 II 2010 Automatique AL4
    Peugeot Boxer Van hired from T.....y, that was manual!
    and bloody good too!

  17. #17
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Near Lismore, Northern Rivers, NSW
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harrisson_citroen
    Your translation had me worried for a while.
    Then I looked at your avatar, and realised you lived in "ANKH-MORPOCK".
    Where the @@##$%#@&( is ANKH-MORPOCK ?
    Errr, near Melbourne? Ankh-Morpork is a city in Terry Pratchett's series of Discworld books. There are quite a few posters here who hail from uncharted places; even one from Za'Ha'Dum, the homeworld of the Shadows.

    I have to use machine translation. I find that unless I want to call myself Jean Cluny and have a black dog called "Noiro" my high school French is next to useless...
    Frogless!

  18. #18
    1000+ Posts George 1/8th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria.
    Posts
    1,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    Have a go at the air/con compressor. It's one of those Spanish twin cylinder shop types; should be chilling a merchandiser in a Super market.
    You kidding that wouldn't do wondrs for the fuel economy....say bring it back to about 10MPG on a hot day be my reckoning.

    Alan S
    Hey Alan, isn't that one of those old "York" compressors? I was told they were the best available..."in their day"...I didn't know they could chew out your cam bearings though.
    I'd be chucking in a rotary one....for sure.
    Cheers...George 1/8th.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Corrected translation: There is rust in the bottom of both front wings,doors and left hand rear wing. The CT (Roadworthiness certificate ) will be passed if money is spent on this work.

  20. #20
    Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Coolum Beach
    Posts
    2,050

    Default Talk about pommy whingers

    Quote Originally Posted by tomsheppard
    Corrected translation: There is rust in the bottom of both front wings,doors and left hand rear wing. The CT (Roadworthiness certificate ) will be passed if money is spent on this work.

    The exact translation of "Le CT sera passe si l'achat est effectue" is litterally:
    "The certificate will be passed if the buying proceeds", not "if money is spent on this work".
    You got your translation wrong, please check it.
    Last edited by harrisson_citroen; 10th July 2005 at 07:00 PM.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

    DS23 IE Pallas Automatique Borg Warner
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive Automatique AM6
    C3 II 2010 Automatique AL4
    Peugeot Boxer Van hired from T.....y, that was manual!
    and bloody good too!

  21. #21
    Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Coolum Beach
    Posts
    2,050

    Default And also

    Quote Originally Posted by tomsheppard
    Corrected translation: There is rust in the bottom of both front wings,doors and left hand rear wing. The CT (Roadworthiness certificate ) will be passed if money is spent on this work.

    When I wrote " rust in front bottom mud guardS, front doors and left rear mudguard" And you rectified it to say:
    " rust in the bottom of both front wings, doors and left hand rear wing",
    Wasn't it exactly the same thing?

    Last edited by harrisson_citroen; 10th July 2005 at 06:53 PM.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

    DS23 IE Pallas Automatique Borg Warner
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive Automatique AM6
    C3 II 2010 Automatique AL4
    Peugeot Boxer Van hired from T.....y, that was manual!
    and bloody good too!

  22. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    57

    Default

    I stand corrected, thank you.

  23. #23
    Good Sport danielsydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    4,918

    Default

    I always have a soft spot for those CX seats just look at that Interior.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unusual Series 1 CX on Ebay France-05_12_sb.jpe  

  24. #24
    Member Pommiefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    85

    Default

    I know what you mean about those seats.. I wouldnt mind owning a CX sofa one day.





    Regards,

    George
    Leicestershire, England
    1971 DS21 EFI, Pallas, BVH, Blog:http://www.mypallas.net

  25. #25
    Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Coolum Beach
    Posts
    2,050

    Icon12

    Quote Originally Posted by tomsheppard
    I stand corrected, thank you.
    How I appreciate the noble spirit of the English. Don't know why it didn't happen more in the centuries past, it would have saved a lot of suffering.
    If from the begining the English had admitted that they do most things wrong and had apologised to the French for it this could have been a better world.

    Apology accepted.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

    DS23 IE Pallas Automatique Borg Warner
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive Automatique AM6
    C3 II 2010 Automatique AL4
    Peugeot Boxer Van hired from T.....y, that was manual!
    and bloody good too!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •