What is this?
  • Help

Thread: What is this?

Default What is this?

Hi guys, I went to the CCC DS 50th birthday rally last weekend in Milton Keynes, and while I was there, parked just outside the display area, was this. I don't knowe what it is, but I have a feeling it could be a very old citroen C6. Any ideas?
    PS, pretty isn't she? john s

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What is this?-ds-rally-002s.jpg  
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

My EYES!!!

Torture!
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Gorgious condition isn't it .... I have no idea from just the front view. Possibly it's an old French bodied car if it's turned up to a french car day. Delahaye (sp?) We have several turn up to the french car days out here. The old cars themselves are an absolute credit to there owners. Imagine putting so much work and time into something that's basically undrivable on modern roads.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

It's absolutely delightfull whatever it is! The only thing I KNOW for sure is it IS a citroen, and I would guess it was built in Slough, as it is a right hand drive car. I assume it is pre 1935, as it's rear wheel drive.
    You can bet it only ever comes out when the weather is really nice, and I for one don't blame them!!! john s

Default What ?

Quote Originally Posted by smiffy1071
    Hi guys, I went to the CCC DS 50th birthday rally last weekend in Milton Keynes, and while I was there, parked just outside the display area, was this. I don't knowe what it is, but I have a feeling it could be a very old citroen C6. Any ideas?
    PS, pretty isn't she? john s
    john s.
    According to my copy of "Andre Citroen. The Man and the Motor Car". You are correct it is a 1928 to 1931 AC6/C6 model. Side valve 6 cyl. 2,442cc. 42 hp.
    The example in your picture has "teardrop" parking lights added to the mudguards. A Pommy requirement I suppose?

Ps. C'mon you Citroenophiles, how come an old Simca, Peugeot enthusiast is providing your answers?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildebeest
    john s.
    According to my copy of "Andre Citroen. The Man and the Motor Car". You are correct it is a 1928 to 1931 AC6/C6 model. Side valve 6 cyl. 2,442cc. 42 hp.
    The example in your picture has "teardrop" parking lights added to the mudguards. A Pommy requirement I suppose?

Ps. C'mon you Citroenophiles, how come an old Simca, Peugeot enthusiast is providing your answers?
    Thanks for that, it was beginning to bug me! john s

This is definately a 1928 to 1932 C4 or C6. The models progressed from C4 (4 cylinder) or C6 (6 cylinder) through C4F, C6F to C4G, C6G. It most possibly is the earlier model. Have you any side on views?

I am currently restoring a C6G which has a identical body with slightly different outside badges etc.

Do you know the owner?

Quote Originally Posted by phey41
    This is definately a 1928 to 1932 C4 or C6. The models progressed from C4 (4 cylinder) or C6 (6 cylinder) through C4F, C6F to C4G, C6G. It most possibly is the earlier model. Have you any side on views?

I am currently restoring a C6G which has a identical body with slightly different outside badges etc.

Do you know the owner?
    Sadly I don't have any side views. However, there is a really big citroen rally coming up in 2 weeks time, and there is every chance that I will see it again. If I do, I will let you know. At last years event, there was a lovely cream coloured C4 there (rear wheel drive, not the new one) and it was for sale.
    john s

Thread Information