Xsara in China
  • Help

Thread: Xsara in China

lee

Default Xsara in China

Hi, Guys

I have a look the Citroen Chinese website this morning (I am Chinese too) and find some interest things.

Normally the Xsara that sale in China is 2L (98 kw/195NM) four doors. The cars are finished in Citroen's sub company in China. But most of the parts are come from France. The different is they get manual box as well. I must say the spare parts are much cheaper than Australia.For example AU$15 for a air filter. It's no surprise because China is a large market. It's looked like we can order part from China now.

Ok. Good news for them is all Xsara can back to dealer from last month to update the computer setting as free. You can add driving auto lock, auto up the windows when lock or modified your ECU so you can get 5Kw more or some other function. The dealer said they use the software for Picasso and it can be done in half hour and most time is waiting the water temperature drop below 55 degree.

Advertisement

Also some tips were gave by dealer/user:

Use petrol as good as you can. Donít believe the factory manual. My manual said use normal unlead but I find the label under the bonnet marked at least 95RON.

Be careful the air filter and more than half engine problem are from there. Because the Xsara computer is so serious that itís will give you alert even the engine still work well. I remember so many guys back to dealer just because they need resetting the computer. Anyway I think we will be OK because the Australia enviroment is better than China.

You need watch your engine extra carefully. Some of engine have loose cam shaft nut problem that make the engine noisy at just 5000kms. Please note the engine unit is import from France so we should have same problem too.

I will view the website again tonight and try find more.

wow!

Excellent stuff Lee!

I doubt we can get that software for the Xsara in Australia tho
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

Default Vive le Chinois

[QUOTE=lee]Hi, Guys
    Can you check out info about the Xantia as well as the Xsara.? I believe the XaNTIA was (still is?) also built in China under licence. The most recent replacement part I bought (indicator lens) was made there.

What I would like to see in the Xsara is that the remote boot release only opens the boot and not unlocks the doors as well. It makes the feature next to useless this way.

Troy.

Strange - My remote boot release only unlocks the boot - '01 VTR

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H
    Strange - My remote boot release only unlocks the boot - '01 VTR
    My 01 VTR worked that way as well. But the 03 VTS unlocks the doors as well, which you then have to lock with the remote. Makes the remote boot release functionality somewhat redundant.

Troy.

lee

[QUOTE=kellyo]
    Quote Originally Posted by lee
    Hi, Guys
    Can you check out info about the Xantia as well as the Xsara.? I believe the XaNTIA was (still is?) also built in China under licence. The most recent replacement part I bought (indicator lens) was made there.
    Hi,

I rememebr PSA sent Pug 505 to China at middle of 80'. I think these spare parts must can use for Xantia because the oil filter of Xsara, Pug505 and 306 is same.

Quote Originally Posted by lee
    Hi, Guys

I have a look the Citroen Chinese website this morning (I am Chinese too) and find some interest things.

Normally the Xsara that sale in China is 2L (98 kw/195NM) four doors. The cars are finished in Citroen's sub company in China. But most of the parts are come from France. The different is they get manual box as well. I must say the spare parts are much cheaper than Australia.For example AU$15 for a air filter. It's no surprise because China is a large market. It's looked like we can order part from China now.

Ok. Good news for them is all Xsara can back to dealer from last month to update the computer setting as free. You can add driving auto lock, auto up the windows when lock or modified your ECU so you can get 5Kw more or some other function. The dealer said they use the software for Picasso and it can be done in half hour and most time is waiting the water temperature drop below 55 degree.

Also some tips were gave by dealer/user:

Use petrol as good as you can. Donít believe the factory manual. My manual said use normal unlead but I find the label under the bonnet marked at least 95RON.

Be careful the air filter and more than half engine problem are from there. Because the Xsara computer is so serious that itís will give you alert even the engine still work well. I remember so many guys back to dealer just because they need resetting the computer. Anyway I think we will be OK because the Australia enviroment is better than China.

You need watch your engine extra carefully. Some of engine have loose cam shaft nut problem that make the engine noisy at just 5000kms. Please note the engine unit is import from France so we should have same problem too.

I will view the website again tonight and try find more.
    You just solved a question for me , I was in China earlier this year and saw heaps of Citroens driving around and wasn't sure if they were Xsara's or not as it was in Chinese on the back. I also passed the Factory I think in Guangzhou, But sure were I was at the time.
    Mark..

lee

Quote Originally Posted by robo
    You just solved a question for me , I was in China earlier this year and saw heaps of Citroens driving around and wasn't sure if they were Xsara's or not as it was in Chinese on the back. I also passed the Factory I think in Guangzhou, But sure were I was at the time.
    Mark..
    The company called ShenLong (mean Holy dragen in Chinese) and located in the inner China, Hubei. They made the older model Xsara that also have some running in Australia. But I think you found more VW Passet there. By the way they make VW Polo in Shanghai and sale around world. Australia is same: you will buy a china made Polo from enf og last year.

Honda has a factory in Guangzhou that you passed. They made Accord that same as sale in Aust. User found this model have a design problem that the car will split to two part from the middle of the car in the accident. More than 5 or 6 cases were report but Honda didn't went recall it. So guys be careful the Accord....

Default do you know where could upgrade the ECU

Lee, would you pls tell more detailed info about the Xsara in China upgrade the ECU ? where could upgrade the ECU to get 5kw more power and auto up the windows when lock ?

thanks

Hey Lee
    Also lee if you are still about on the forum. Would you be able to find out if we can get the Electric Window regulators for three door Xsara's alot of people have had this problem. If you can get them could you find out how much ther are including freight?

Regards
    MattG
    2002 Xsara VTS

Thread Information