Citroens in movies
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Citroens in movies

Default Citroens in movies

Hi there,
    i stumbled over this film review and was wondering if anybody has seen it?

The goddess of 1967

What other movies with Citroens are there ? (apart from the Louis de Funès ones )
    I can recall another very nice and moody film with a DS as main part of the story called "Cold Fever"
    Also for those who have seen "Team America" there is a DS driving through one of the first scenes...great movie btw.
    any other movies you can recommend?
    cheers Marty

Advertisement

one movie starring a ds, and err steve martin is a movie called novacaine... immaculate red ds with ghey white interior... the movie sucks but worthwhile if a ds turns your dial .
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

daily ding magnet: '98 1.8 16v citroen xsara

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

DS in Movie

That link has a few more...............

& here.........

http://www.citroenz.com/forum/viewto...ighlight=movie

Last edited by zykyra; 2nd June 2005 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Extra info
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12

In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

oops...sorry...didn't know there is already a thread with this topic.
    In back to the future 2 i spotted a ds too...it is parked in a street and heavily modified as far as i remember.....(futuristic look)
    cheers marty

I was watching team america last night on DVD and saw a yellow DS in the opening French scene.
    Very funny movie BTW......

The 1971 movie "Homo Eroticus" has some scenes which demonstrate very well the capabilities of a DS suspension.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijxO8U-3ozg
    Michael
    Member, Citroen Car Club NSW

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by michaelr View Post
    The 1971 movie "Homo Eroticus" has some scenes which demonstrate very well the capabilities of a DS suspension.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijxO8U-3ozg
    Love the scenes where the older character is driving and the spoke of the steering wheel is pointing upwards! Almost as good as the scene in "Driving Lessons" (Rupert Grint) where they are driving along the road and the gear stick is showing in about 1st gear position.

You can also look at imcdb.org

mnm

Quote Originally Posted by Maddin View Post
    Hi there,
    i stumbled over this film review and was wondering if anybody has seen it?

The goddess of 1967

cheers Marty
    Hi Marty

I have seen that film. It features the DS a lot as the title suggests... some lovely scenes of it in the Australian desert. The story itself is a tad left of field though, not quite what I expected but plenty of scenes with the car. Actually one of the cars used in the film (there were 2) was recently sold at auction.

Matthew

I have just finished downloading a copy of the French Film Trafic by Jaques Tati (1971). ----Brilliant!!! ( Vuze.com)
    Cheers Gerry

Watched 'Love and Pain and the Whole Damn Thing' on ABC2 last night with a very young Maggie Smith. Lots of scenes of an earlier 2CV (Front opening doors no rear quarter windows)
    towing a caravan must have been very fast !!!
    1950 Light 15 - Blanche 'Claude'
    1949 Light 15 - Noir 'Emilie'
    1982 2CV Special - Lagune Bleu 'Daffie'
    2007 C4 HDI EGS - Rouge Lucifer
    1968 Velo Solex 3800 - Noir

Fellow Frogger!

Default 2cv and caravan

Wasnt that brilliant, the 2cv and caravan!!!!

For about half the movie.

I thought it was all going to end when they were both pointed at the hill side or cliff.

A bit of an ordinary movie, but I sprang to life when the 2cv and caravan appeared.

Btw, put mine way for another week. I LOVE mine so much. The best and most enjoyable drive, and sad every Sunday night when it goes away for another week.

Chris Mortimer

John Thaw drove an XM wagon in the Kavanagh QC series:

Kevin Kline drove a (¿stolen?) red XM in French Kiss:

More in the Internet Movie Cars Database.
    Last edited by person s; 28th May 2012 at 10:32 AM.

don

The Marseiles (did I spell that right/) contract lots of ID19s 70s peugeot models a R16 that is fataly wounded and heaps of drive by french classics

No ones mentioned Maigret?

I'm starting to think I'm the only one who sees it, its about a French detective set in the 1950's. He rides around in the back of a Citroen big 6 (I think) with the extra windows and all the cops drive mostly L15's or 4CV's and 203's. Street scenes are full of French cars.

Its on every Wednesday night at 8.30

Its a modern brittish production in english. The only thing that gives away its not made in the 50's is that the cars are in much better condition then the way the French treated them when they were new. 2Cv's with shinny 2 pack paint, OMG.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh View Post
    No ones mentioned Maigret?

I'm starting to think I'm the only one who sees it, its about a French detective set in the 1950's. He rides around in the back of a Citroen big 6 (I think) with the extra windows and all the cops drive mostly L15's or 4CV's and 203's. Street scenes are full of French cars.

Its on every Wednesday night at 8.30

Its a modern brittish production in english. The only thing that gives away its not made in the 50's is that the cars are in much better condition then the way the French treated them when they were new. 2Cv's with shinny 2 pack paint, OMG.
    The irony of this version of Maigret is that it was mostly filmed in Hungary! But yes, the cars are great even if they are too shiny.

Col

Enjoyable French movie last night on SBS amongst all the usual Christmas drivel. Micmac, a comedy made in 1999. One man and his friends wage war on international arms dealers, very Christmassy!

Citroens in movies-micmacs.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDheD0brdYk

Opening scenes gave us a D ambulance plus an H Van and the bad guys were chauffeured around in a pair of C6. Perhaps the automotive star of the show was the small German three wheel truck, a Tempo Boy.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...r/#more-370604
    Michael
    Member, Citroen Car Club NSW

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

You can also get "Humain, trop humain" on YouTube complete, divvied into 5 parts. Intersperses the GS assembly line at Aulnay-sous-Bois with autoshow footage. I think it's trying to show how dehumanizing working at an assembly plant can be. I look at it a little differently.

Also- amazingly good was the animated film "Ratatouille". 2CVs along with other delightful automotive surprises. I mean, when was the last time you saw a Facel HK500 in anything​?
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

This one was pointed out to me yesterday by past member Brett R. For D fans, On YouTube - Life in Australia, Destination Hobart - mid 1960's - check out what disembarks from the ship near the end, and is then seen driving up the street.
    Bruce H

Now 10 DS3 Dstyle; 99 Xantia SX; 96 Xantia SX; 78 GS Pallas; 77 GS Pallas; 76 GS Club Estate; 76 GS Club Estate; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Fellow Frogger!

G/DAY all i hope you don't mind a renophile contributing to you thread, I have an american series called Eureka that has a DS hover car in its preview before each episode.
    Cheers Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelr View Post
    Enjoyable French movie last night on SBS amongst all the usual Christmas drivel. Micmac, a comedy made in 1999. One man and his friends wage war on international arms dealers, very Christmassy!
    Only caught the last half last night. Loved the 'magnetic' C6 scene & the last one in the 'Arabian' desert! It's on the 'must watch' list over the next few days. What I saw was very enjoyable! As said, better than the usual Christmas TV rubbish!
    Thanks for the link as I couldn't find it on SBS.
    Track car-Steel Grey 405 Mi16 172hp atw

405 Track car build thread moved to-
    http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index...ic=143279&st=0

Lap times-
    Sandown 1 28.6
    Phillip Island 1 53.8

Previous Frenchies-
    1988 205Gti
    1998 306 GTi6
    1997 306 N5 sedan
    1996 306 N3 XT hatch
    1976 Renault R16TS manual in Avocado
    1976 Renault R16TS manual in Trak Yellow
    1975 Renault 5 Guernsey, Channel Islands
    1972 Renault 4 Guernsey, Channel Islands

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J Kent View Post
    G/DAY all i hope you don't mind a renophile contributing to you thread, I have an american series called Eureka that has a DS hover car in its preview before each episode.
    Cheers Peter.
    OMG!!! Blasphemer!!!!

More seriously- Eureka? I had never heard of that one. What's the story? The only American series I know of that had a DS in any capacity was The Mentalist. Supposedly that car really does belong to Patrick Jane.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodelectric View Post
    You can also get "Humain, trop humain" on YouTube complete, divvied into 5 parts. Intersperses the GS assembly line at Aulnay-sous-Bois with autoshow footage. I think it's trying to show how dehumanizing working at an assembly plant can be. I look at it a little differently.
    They got their revenge by making almost every GS rust into the ground!

The French GS sites say the Année Modèle 1972 were made with the least amount of tin worm per square inch and having owned two, I would agree.

But yes, a great doco!

You see a 15H 6 Traction with its whatthehellisthiscar licence plate in the Hitchcock film, To Catch a Thief throughout the early part of the film...

1972 SM

Fellow Frogger!

G/DAY Hydro"
    Eureka is the name of a town that was set up with all the greatest minds and huge funding to advance science and some weird shit goes on there.
    Cheers Peter.

Icon6 Not a movie but...

Just saw this ad whilst watching the cricket... check out around 26 seconds

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    C5 HDi Rouge Lucifer

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Chris I'm not trying to make an issue of it but I swear to God he was wearing a cardigan...check it out.Citroens in movies-abababa.jpg

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last

Thread Information