C2 VTS is citroen australia going to bring it in ??
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default C2 VTS is citroen australia going to bring it in ??

just wodering, if anyone knows wether or not citroen australia plans to bring the VTS down under. You'd kick yourself, if you financed a VTR right now and they brought the VTS in

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by orestes
    just wodering, if anyone knows wether or not citroen australia plans to bring the VTS down under. You'd kick yourself, if you financed a VTR right now and they brought the VTS in
    It's still unknown if the C2 VTS will make it here. From I have heard there are compliancing issues with the VTS that are still to be resolved. What they are I do not know.

I certainly hope it makes it here.

Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyO
    It's still unknown if the C2 VTS will make it here. From I have heard there are compliancing issues with the VTS that are still to be resolved. What they are I do not know.

I certainly hope it makes it here.

Troy.
    a C2 with 125bhp would be damn nice, and the senso drive manuals look cool, im not sure how they are to drive though.... i'd personally say they could only be good, i mean triptronic manual... damn nice and easy gear changes... i sat in a VTR at the motorshow and almost sold myself on one, only to think hey where's the VTS
    Last edited by orestes; 7th February 2005 at 05:58 PM.

a C2 with 125bhp would be damn nice, and the senso drive manuals look cool, im not sure how they are to drive though.... i'd personally say they could only be good, i mean triptronic manual... damn nice and easy gear changes
    The VTR is one with the sensodrive transmission. The VTS has a conventional 5 speed manual. Sensodrive is not bad, but I prefer a normal manual gearbox, which is why I wait for the VTS with baited breath.

Hopefully it won't be the same wait we had to endure with the Xsara Picasso.

Troy.

hmm yeah... i will haver to take one for a drive, and figure out if i like sensodrive, then work out wether i'd rather wait for a VTS, on top of that, though... i don't think i would get finance for one.

Icon14

Well I emailed Miles Williams less than 2 weeks ago and he said there were no plans to bring it in....

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    Well I emailed Miles Williams less than 2 weeks ago and he said there were no plans to bring it in....
    BAH! i want a VTS

Icon2

I asked him about the 5 speed man version and also the Ministry of sound version. He said "no plans"....

I asked him about the 5 speed man version and also the Ministry of sound version. He said "no plans"....
    i guess i'll just have to take a sensodrive for a test drive, and see for myself what they're loke. I'd say they'd be fun, and easy to drive, but it would detract from the "feel" of driving a true manual. kind of ferrari esque feel with the gear changing though

i guess i'll just have to take a sensodrive for a test drive, and see for myself what they're loke.
    That's the best way to get an idea of what sensodrive is like, and whether you like it or not.

Troy.

Icon12

I drove one of the C3 XTR that is at Rick Damelians. It just felt like the 1.6 sensodrive but the suspension was a bit harder and it had plastic bits all over it but it wasnt really a 4x4 that i would take bush bashing....

Tadpole

a C2 with 125bhp would be damn nice, and the senso drive manuals look cool, im not sure how they are to drive though.... i'd personally say they could only be good, i mean triptronic manual... damn nice and easy gear changes... i sat in a VTR at the motorshow and almost sold myself on one, only to think hey where's the VTS

Do you think the red VTR at the motorshow has something wrong with the driver's side door? When you close it, it sounds like its hollow inside; it's hard to describe but it definitely isn't normal. I have seen many other C2's...and none have had that problem.

I asked him about the 5 speed man version and also the Ministry of sound version
    ministry of sound......wtf???

Quote Originally Posted by 21Blue
    Do you think the red VTR at the motorshow has something wrong with the driver's side door? When you close it, it sounds like its hollow inside; it's hard to describe but it definitely isn't normal. I have seen many other C2's...and none have had that problem.
    i didn't notice, i didnt spend that much time opening and closing doors. I was more intrested in seeing what the car felt like to sit in, and then what the sensodrive was all about. I personally think the senso drive "could" be good, but i will investigate further upon taking one for a test drive

Default Sensodrive

Hey, I'm probably biased but after 6 months and 12,000 km in my C2 VTR - I reckon that Sensodrive is pretty good...it takes some getting used to, but i reckon that 99% of my changes...including the dreaded 2nd to 3rd gear change are pretty smooth...and I have not got the new v12 software download in the car yet. When you test drive Sensodrive for the first time, I think that the important thing is to take it out for a long drive...so that you get used to the different way that it does things.

As for the VTR - well, I would love the extra grunt of the VTS....but I certainly go quick enough - especially around corners - to keep my happy and my licence in danger!

"Your mileage may vary" - there are as many valid opinions about Sensodrive as there are interested people!
    Tony - '04 C2 - Black
    '02 Triumph Sprint ST
    '05 Vespa PX200e

Tadpole

i didn't notice, i didnt spend that much time opening and closing doors. I was more intrested in seeing what the car felt like to sit in, and then what the sensodrive was all about. I personally think the senso drive "could" be good, but i will investigate further upon taking one for a test drive
    I've taken a test in the sensodrive and it was really great. Didn't experience any of the problems changing gear from 2nd to 3rd. However, I am starting to doubt the build quality of certain cars, you may be unlucky and end up with one of them and thats no good.

Niltime....do you have any photos of your car? Would love to see some...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 21Blue
    I've taken a test in the sensodrive and it was really great. Didn't experience any of the problems changing gear from 2nd to 3rd. However, I am starting to doubt the build quality of certain cars, you may be unlucky and end up with one of them and thats no good.

Niltime....do you have any photos of your car? Would love to see some...thanks

you can question the build quality of any modern french car, and i can tell you that the answer is, that the build quality is not excelent at the best of times, more so peugeots then citroens in the PSA group, but that may be down to how many peugeots sell in australia as to how many citroens sell in australia

Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot
    ministry of sound......wtf???
    You never heard of the C2 ministry of sound limited edition?
    It is a joint venture between Citroen, and MoS, basically, you get a very uprated CD player, speakers the size of a trash can, MoS graphics, and lots of other nice stuff, that all the teenagers here in England love!
    I want one!!!

http://www.citroen.co.uk/c2se/homepa...modeltype=c2se

Check out this link, you will see what I mean!! john s
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

Quote Originally Posted by Nil Time
    I have not got the new v12 software download in the car yet.
    I recently had my C2 serviced and they performed another upgrade to the SensoDrive software, the second since I got it last July. Unlike the first upgrade, it is not dramatically different to the previous version, but is a further improvement. Changes are all quite quick and smooth. I drive in Inner Sydney traffic most of the time and tend to leave it in auto mode. One thing I have noticed is that it is now much better at the 1-2 or 2-1 changes that typically happen when driving in carparks. In the previous version it used to hesitate, seeming unsure whether to change up or down in these circumstances.

The software upgrades have greatly improved the SensoDrive and I am [now] very happy with it, like the rest of the car.

To potential buyers I agree with the recommendation of a long test drive as I do not think this type of 'box suits everyone.

cheers,

Colin Harry
    ColinHarry
    Vespa Granturismo 200

Colin where are they doing the transmission ugrades at please?

moosey

Continental Cars is getting regular software upgrades to most models, including engine, auto gearbox programming, and sensodrive improvements. Upgrades are uploaded onto the car's management system when you bring it in for service.

Niltime....do you have any photos of your car? Would love to see some...thanks[/QUOTE]

I have posted a couple already...but I will a couple more and post them this weekend

Cheers
    Tony - '04 C2 - Black
    '02 Triumph Sprint ST
    '05 Vespa PX200e

Colin where are they doing the transmission ugrades at please?
    I take it to Rick Damelian's in Leichhardt, but I would imagine that all dealers would do it as part of the service

.. ColinHarry
    ColinHarry
    Vespa Granturismo 200

Quote Originally Posted by smiffy1071
    You never heard of the C2 ministry of sound limited edition?
    It is a joint venture between Citroen, and MoS, basically, you get a very uprated CD player, speakers the size of a trash can, MoS graphics, and lots of other nice stuff, that all the teenagers here in England love!
    I want one!!!

http://www.citroen.co.uk/c2se/homepa...modeltype=c2se
    Oh that's very amusing - but I don't think it would appeal as much here in Oz as it would obviously do in the UK.

Shame it's got that "aesthetically unpleasing" Sony player in the dash, but it would be interesting to see how they integrated it with the Remote stalk and display (if, in fact, they did this!).
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Tadpole

Default VTS vs VTR C2

Hi,

Just reading trough your aussie discussion. I live in the Netherlands and I've had test drives in both the sensodrive C2 and the manual one.

Want a sporty car? Go for the manual! (feels like the saxo)
    Want a nice-shifting-toy-like fast little car? The sensodrive is yours...

I would go for the manual version, you can really have fun on twisty roads...

(be careful of trees, my 106 Rallye didn't like them , and the C2 won't either)

Greetings,

VšŲs

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information