Im Buying a CX 2400 Pallas, HELP ME
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon14 Im Buying a CX 2400 Pallas, Reply to helpers

Hi

Thanks for your words of wisdom froggers #9, 41, 152, 333, 376 and 1453.

I have only spoken to the G friend of the owner and she didnt know much about it sept the last part they bought for it was the last part in Oz (some pipey bit she recons). I think its only been out of rego for about 18 months.

As these people didnt know if they wanted to sell for sentimental reasons, I didnt want to push the issue, but on my next trip past I will call in and get the result of there deliberations. I can then go from there with price mech condition etc. thanks to you people I at least have an idea what sort of hard earneds I am looking at.

Im sorry if my wording and method on this web page is a bit off but this is pretty new to me and I dont understand these thread thingys,tags, how to attach photos, talk one on one or chat room? things, but my first attempt has got me some pleasing results.

Now the try and attach an icon bit

Advertisement
    Last edited by Cooch; 25th August 2004 at 06:20 PM. Reason: more info

I don't know an awful lot about Citroens, but just from that description, and seeing what other people on this board have obtained, I think you would be doing them a favour by offering to take the car away for free.

Does it have any redeeming features?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    I don't know an awful lot about Citroens, but just from that description, and seeing what other people on this board have obtained, I think you would be doing them a favour by offering to take the car away for free.

Does it have any redeeming features?
    Simon, isn't being a citroen enough of a redeeming factor

UFO

I reckon the FREE option is a good one.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Depends,

it could be worth anything from $0.00 to $6000ish. If it's only problem is faded paint (the paint on my car was cracked as you descibed, and the wasn't a speck of bog to be found when I sanded it back, only several sun destroyed coats of paint). If the interior is perfect (unlikely), and it's mechanically very sound --ie: just requires a coat of paint, it could be worth some $$$.

If it's sat for years, has stuffed paint, stuffed interior, the mechanicals are an unknown entity then I'd be looking at the $0.00 -- $500 region.

have you spoken to the owner

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Icon13

Cooch,

As much as I'd hate to see any Cit left to rot, this one sounds like a serious money pit, even if you got it for nothing. Citroens love to be used - they hate to be left sitting for any length of time, how long is it since this car was in regular use?? Really you could spend many thousands getting it to a roadworthy reliable state, and you'd have to ask yourself why. There are still very good examples to be had for alot less than you may have to spend on this car (going on your brief description).

Decide how much you are willing to spend and invest that in a going concern, my advice might be different if you came from a Citroen background, but then if that were the case you wouldn't be asking the question.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Icon11

maybe it might have some interesting and useful parts on it. Its such a shame to see these cars dying. Where is the car located if its in country NSW It may be rust free to a certain degree....Maybe u should get some pics of it and show us and the experts will let u know the price range to ask the owner....

Tadpole

I think Ive stuffed up.
    I have put a reply to youse froggers into my computer and its on this site somewhere, I think it's in the reply letters to my original request.

Icon11

Quote Originally Posted by Cooch
    I think Ive stuffed up.
    I have put a reply to youse froggers into my computer and its on this site somewhere, I think it's in the reply letters to my original request.
    Hmmm yes, you've been pressing too many buttons, looks like you have edited your original post and managed to delete. OK to simply reply use the button to left of screen, to quote another members reply use the 'quote' button to the right of screen, and if you need to edit your existing post, yep use the 'edit' button again on the right hand side.

I'm afraid your original post is lost and gone forever

Good luck

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Thread Information