Saw another C2 the other day.....
  • Register
  • Help

Default Saw another C2 the other day.....

...in traffic. Only the second other C2 I have seen since I picked mine up a month ago!
    Bewdy! Slowed a bit, let him come up beside me, cast a glance his way and........
    Nothing.
    Not a blink, raising of the brows or smile.
    Nothing.
    Looked straight ahead.
    I didn't expect him to wave the French flag out his window, but just a glint of recognition from a fellow owner of what is a fairly rare sight on Sydney's roads would have been nice.
    Ahhh well........
    PS: really getting the hang of the manual gear changes now. The gearbox software update has made a huge difference!

Advertisement

Icon1

great to hear your enjoying the car. It should only get better I would imagine....

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by Grayballs
    ...in traffic. Only the second other C2 I have seen since I picked mine up a month ago!
    Bewdy! Slowed a bit, let him come up beside me, cast a glance his way and........
    Nothing.
    Nothing.
    Looked straight ahead.
    I didn't expect him to wave the French flag out his window, but just a glint of recognition from a fellow owner of what is a fairly rare sight on Sydney's roads would have been nice.
    Ahhh well........
    PS: really getting the hang of the manual gear changes now. The gearbox software update has made a huge difference!
    Just so long as you remember to wave at OLDER Citroens, especially a silver XM and white D Special (on club plates as of tomorrow) when you see them around. It should be VERY easy to work out which is my XM when you see it.

I still wave at all Cits I see and very rarely get a wave back from modern Cit owners.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Hello all,
    I am also the proud owner of a shiny newish black C2 (since May). Been meaning to post here for a while, but I've been a bit slack. I'm very much enjoying the car, it didn't take long to get used to the sensodrive, and as evryone has already said, the auto mode is crap (I only use it when I'm eating/drinking/talking on the mobile & need to drive one-handed ).
    Anyway, while we're on the subject of waving at other Citroen drivers, I thought I'd share this. When I first picked up the car, my wife & I went out in it to show it off a bit (there were hardly any on the road at that stage). I was doing a three point turn in our street and struggling a bit with the gear change into reverse. While I was doing this, I heard a car horn. My wife decided to give the other driver the one-fingered salute, but when I looked up, I realised it was a guy in a red BX, and I think he was just giving us a wave. So, if you're reading this, my sincerest apologies, I promise we'll wave next time!
    As for the software upgrade, I had mine done in early July & since then have driven to Brisbane and back - smooth all the way. The car now has 5500km on it and is driving beautifully.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayballs
    Nothing.
    Nothing.
    Looked straight ahead.
    Ahhh well........
    I know how you feel, Went to a country collectors fair with the wife in the Adelaide hills on Saturday. Was hanging out to see any other Citroens or French cars and give them a Gidday, (nod or wave). Only saw two cars. One was a 307 Pug who pretended to ignore my glance and the second a Xantia VSX , silver , who stared back at me and then gave me a finger salute ! I always thought there was this "awareness" that French cars enjoy each others company. It won't stop me from saying Gidday again

Cheers and "GIDDAY" fellow Froggers!! Pete
    01 Xsara VTS

Grayballs,

In what way did the software upgrade of the SensoDrive improve it?

I have had my C2 for 3 weeks now and have got used to the manual changes and quite like it. But I still do not like the way it changes down when you are slowing to a stop - taking off without completely stopping always seems to end up in the wrong gear. Also it is sometimes a bit slow to change from 2nd to 3rd [manually].

Do you know when your car was built? Mine was built in May. I was wondering which cars the upgrade applies to.

I have only seen one other C2 since getting mine.

cheers,

ColinHarry
    ColinHarry
    Vespa Granturismo 200

Icon10

colin start taking it out to continentals at punchbowl they will know all u need to get it top shape. They are great with the newer cars....

[QUOTE=ColinHarry]

In what way did the software upgrade of the SensoDrive improve it?

I have had my C2 for 3 weeks now and have got used to the manual changes and quite like it. But I still do not like the way it changes down when you are slowing to a stop - taking off without completely stopping always seems to end up in the wrong gear. Also it is sometimes a bit slow to change from 2nd to 3rd [manually].]

G'day Colin:
    It is hard to exactly quantify the difference....I can only say that it is MUCH easier to achieve smooth changes. Mind you, I still get some variations in the changes and I fluff some of them badly: it's the throttle 'tweaking' that seems to make the difference. Anyway, it was a huge difference, so go get it done! (my 2nd to 3rd change was also very slow before the download!)
    I'm also in two minds about the auto down-shifting as the car slows, and I think they've still got a way to go with the software because I have found myself in the wrong gear too. Definitely room for improvement!

[I have only seen one other C2 since getting mine]

See my opening post....was that you? (Lemon coloured C2, Tom Ugly's bridge)

Thread Information