cheap c3 in melbourne
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default cheap c3 in melbourne

Seen on www.drive.com.au 2003 C3 Exclusive for sale at $14000. Seems a crazy price. Wouldn't a dealer take it off this fellas hands for more?

I told my partner to look at it but she's concerned about 51000km's on clock and thinks something may be wrong with car for it to be going at this price.

Advertisement

Icon1

my car has nearly that many miles on it and its going great guns....(cant wait to get my rear sunblind ex France will be here soon)....

Quote Originally Posted by p3wolf
    Seen on www.drive.com.au 2003 C3 Exclusive for sale at $14000. Seems a crazy price. Wouldn't a dealer take it off this fellas hands for more?

I told my partner to look at it but she's concerned about 51000km's on clock and thinks something may be wrong with car for it to be going at this price.
    The dealer probably offered $10,000. (Or even less...stingy buggers..)
    Cheers...George 1/8th.

Quote Originally Posted by p3wolf

Mate, honestly, I would buy that car with that mileage at the drop of a hat. That mileage is absolutely nothing!!!! From 20 years experience with Cits I can tell you, that this would be an extremely good car.
    The cars I've had the greatest amount of problems with have been "low mileage for the age" types whereas the ones that have caused the least amount of aggro have been the bigger mileage cars.
    Take this one; so it's done 51K klms in 12 months or 1000 klms a week. This means it's been at the dealers for routine checks every 2 1/2 months and the fact that someone has managed almost taxi mileage out of it means it has been ultra reliable; it has to have been.
    Of my list of Cits, I've had 2 CXs that were ex Commercial Travellers cars one of which at about 650K klms was stacked at a brainless coppers RBT at 8.30am at the worst intersection in Town and at that stage had just on 650K klms on the clock. A BX 16 Trs with 200 K klms when I bought it; 240 k klms when I sold it 22 months later and was again for sale at 310K klms and still going stong just prior to a dodgy repairer telling the owner it was irrepairable when it sounded as though it may have needed a carby clean.
    Tell her not to worry about miles; Cits don't work that way. All a big mileage says is that it's been reliable, so why would that be a worry??

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

1000+ Posts

I don't think 51 000km is excessive - it must have done highway kilometres (good for the car) to have clocked that many as Alan said.

Think about it this way - if it's in Melbourne, 51 000km is Melbourne - Geelong and return (or vice versa) 5 days a week for 11 months (220km/day).

At 51 000km on that motorway, it's barely even run in

Derek

Tadpole

Latest news is we rang seller to organise to see the car and that person is away for a week. She said she'd contact us when she gets back so my rejoining the citroen club has to wait.

Icon1

You are going to buy it are you? Have you seen it yet? Well it should be a good one.
    My car this morning at 5:56am clicked over to 49000km. Im pretty happy with it....

Tadpole

Haven't seen the car yet as owner is away for the next week. Will probably get to take it for a test drive next weekend.

Thread Information