Signed up for a new C2 Today!!!
  • Register
  • Help

Icon14 Signed up for a new C2 Today!!!

Greetings, all;

Just wanted to share that I signed up for a new C2 tonight - Black in colour

Rather stoked about it....maybe pick it up on Friday...or more likely Monday...it depends upon how fast the paperwork goes! Fingers crossed!

Cheers
    Tony

Advertisement

Congratulations Tony! Hope you enjoy your new wheels.

And don't forget to put up pictures of it.

Troy.

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by TroyO
    Congratulations Tony! Hope you enjoy your new wheels.

And don't forget to put up pictures of it.

Troy.
    Big night for new Citroen owners

Yep congrats Tony....

TroyO your avatar is freakin' me out, was'uppp

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Icon1

looks like that xsara is up hey.....

Congrats on the new car Tony. Plesae do post some pics and your "review" of it. What car did you come from? It's a damn sexy car.

Yes Troy, it's messing with my head too! Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood
    Big night for new Citroen owners

Yep congrats Tony....

TroyO your avatar is freakin' me out, was'uppp

Cheers
    Chris
    I think troy's avatar is the right way up, it's you lot thats upside down
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by smiffy1071
    I think troy's avatar is the right way up, it's you lot thats upside down
    The women don't seem to mind it when we're "downunder" ....

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Congratulations,

I've had my C2 for 2 weeks now and love the car. Mine is black too. The Senso takes a little getting used to, but I am now getting the hang of it. The car attracts a lot of attention -

BTW there is a french board Platete-Citroen, that has a whole section for the discussion of the C2. It is all in French, however you will find an amazing set of pictures of the C2 assembly line.

cheers,

ColinHarry
    ColinHarry
    Vespa Granturismo 200

And congratulations from me too! (another black one!)
    Just had my first service during which they did the software download for the transmission (apparently there has been two upgrades, both of which are included in this latest download) and it has made an incredible difference to the Senso! I couldn't believe the difference - both in Man and Auto modes!
    Reckon I'm getting the knack of the 'manual' changes too:
    -hit your steering paddle/gear lever first, then
    -just back off the throttle a little bit, so that when the SensoDrive actuator re-engages the clutch, the engine revs are just a bit lower to match the wheel speed. Works really well!
    Love this car!

Icon3 The C2 has landed!

Picked up my black C2 last night...and the odometer reads over 250 km already!!

I am being pretty gentle with it for the first 1000 km or so...but still, I am pleasantly suprised with the way it progressively builds speed.

An obseration to be made...most Saturday mornings, I meet up for breakfast with a group of like minded motorcycle lunatics....and getting over their suprise, the consensus was "I cannot believe that it is a Citroen"... their idea of Citroens are of large, odd cars that squat when not running.

I am coming to terms with the Senso Drive...and quite enjoy it. I took my parents out for a short ride in it ...and was suprised that Mum actually fitted quite comfortably in the back seat.

Tomorrow, after the usual Sunday morning bout of moronic motorcycle madness around the hills and dales of Victoria, a spirited drive in the C2 is definitely in order...mmmmm....I can feel a run up the Blackwood Road is in order

Sorry about blathering, but the wife has commented that "I have this great foolish grin on my face" - and that is just about how I feel

I will post some photos when I clean the car....with the rain in Melbourne, it is looking somewhat grimy...

Cheers
    Tony

Congratulations Tony, Good to see that the C2 is winning over many different types of owners. It takes a special kind of car to keep a motorbike rider happy ! Seems Citroen cant get enough Black C2's. I've have not yet seen a C2 on Adelaide's roads (plenty of C3 & C5's though) ones thing for sure, once you've driven a Citroen you never look back

Cheers Pete

Default First pictures of my new C2!

Greetings all - here are a couple of piccies - I did another 150 k's or so this arvo...and it just gets better and better

We came across a rather interesting Pug 206 - with some heavy duty bodywork!

And I rather suspect that you are right, Pete - once you have driven a Citroen, you don't look back.....

I noticed in Motor Magazine that in the future releases section, they mention a C2 with a 130 kW motor coming in later this year.....anyone heard anything about it?

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Signed up for a new C2 Today!!!-cyrano-citroen-small.jpg   Signed up for a new C2 Today!!!-cyrano-friend-small.jpg  
    Tony - '04 C2 - Black
    '02 Triumph Sprint ST
    '05 Vespa PX200e

Icon1

Tony congrats mate. Theya re a groovy looking little beast arent they. I have the C3 I sum them up this way.
    "small car on the outside but big car on the inside". I love my C3 more and more I drive it....

nice purchase & welcome to the forum mate!!

I love the c2, write a review for us sometime soon yeah!!

And yeah the 206 next to it is quite nice, the owner is a international student whom lives in mt waverly, i stalk him......NOT !

Quote Originally Posted by Nil Time

I noticed in Motor Magazine that in the future releases section, they mention a C2 with a 130 kW motor coming in later this year.....anyone heard anything about it?

Cheers
    Are you sure this wasn't something about a C4?
    I'm not sure if an ew10j4s (the 130kw motor) would fit in a C2 engine bay. Although that would make an awesome little car.
    I think any C2 with a regular manual gearbox would be on my future shopping list.

Dave

motor magazine has mentioned for a few issues now that they are expecting a 6speed 130kw C2. which would be awesome.... it would finally put citroen back in the hot hatch market in australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Reno
    motor magazine has mentioned for a few issues now that they are expecting a 6speed 130kw C2. which would be awesome.... it would finally put citroen back in the hot hatch market in australia.
    I'd like to know how they'll squeeze a 6 speed box into a platform that small. Apparently they tried to get a 6 speed into the 206 180, and couldn't fit it. So don't know what makes Motor think they'll succeed in the smaller C2.

In any case, it'd be a ripper of a car.

Quote Originally Posted by GTI124
    I'd like to know how they'll squeeze a 6 speed box into a platform that small. Apparently they tried to get a 6 speed into the 206 180, and couldn't fit it. So don't know what makes Motor think they'll succeed in the smaller C2.
    In any case, it'd be a ripper of a car.
    Even with a 5 speeder a C2 with 130kw and not too much more weight would be extremely fun!!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Are you sure this wasn't something about a C4?
    I'm not sure if an ew10j4s (the 130kw motor) would fit in a C2 engine bay. Although that would make an awesome little car.
    I think any C2 with a regular manual gearbox would be on my future shopping list.

Dave
    well the c4 sport is getting the 180 treatment, so it would be cool to see a bit of power in the C2 there cool looking little cars

Quote Originally Posted by Reno
    Man, that is a car worth waiting for !! Ummm, may-be time for a trade-in. I'd be happy so long as it comes in a manual (5sd or 6spd) Bring it on!!!

Cheers Pete
    01 Xsara VTS

Thread Information