Xsara seat woes
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Xsara seat woes

Default Xsara seat woes

Hi All, Have noticed heaps of foam falling out of the back of my drivers seat! Problem started 2 months ago, seems to be getting worse. Something to do with the sliding forward action to gain entry to rear. I have been told most Euro cars have this problem because of the type of foam they use. Any other Aussie Froggers experienced this problem ? How can it be fixed (before I get a sore bottom !!)

Advertisement

Cheers Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Xsara VTS/ Pete
    Hi All, Have noticed heaps of foam falling out of the back of my drivers seat! Problem started 2 months ago, seems to be getting worse. Something to do with the sliding forward action to gain entry to rear. I have been told most Euro cars have this problem because of the type of foam they use. Any other Aussie Froggers experienced this problem ? How can it be fixed (before I get a sore bottom !!)

Cheers Pete
    Well my dad's Xsara is a 2000 model, and the foam hasn't started falling of the of that car yet. The front seats are different to the VTS though. My VTS seats' are fine.

Is your car still under warranty? If so, then I would be speaking to your local Citroen dealer about getting the seat repaired under warranty. I don't buy the excuse about most Euro cars having this problem before of the type of foam they use. If not, then perhaps you should speak to an car upholsterer about it.

Troy.

Fellow Frogger!

The foam can be ordered through your local Citroen parts dept & you could replace it yourself, But I warn you now, Its a right knightmare to replace.

If the cars still under warranty the dealer should sort it out.

The only problem I have had with the foam is when it ages it get softer, The foam should last an easy 10 years though before this happens.

Thanks for your ideas. The car is still under warranty ,so I hope the dealer will fix it. It's an annoying problem because the foam breaks down to small grains and works its way into the carpet pile(impossible to vacuum) Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers Pete

Thread Information