C2 Gt
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: C2 Gt

  1. #1
    CitroŽn, what else? smiffy1071's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Bristol/England!
    Posts
    1,486

    Icon10 C2 Gt

    Just had a test drive in a C2 GT and I love it! Ok, it isn't as fast as the AX GT I once had, in fact, 0-100kph is a full 2 seconds slower in spite of the C2's 1.6 16v as opposed to the 1.4 8v AX, but if anyone has a spare £10.000 they don't need, I wouldn't say no!

    Advertisement
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

  2. #2
    1000+ Posts Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smiffy1071
    Just had a test drive in a C2 GT and I love it! Ok, it isn't as fast as the AX GT I once had, in fact, 0-100kph is a full 2 seconds slower in spite of the C2's 1.6 16v as opposed to the 1.4 8v AX, but if anyone has a spare £10.000 they don't need, I wouldn't say no!
    You lucky bugger, we aren't getting any of the GT's in Australia. I think the sensodrive is what most poeple dont like so much on the c2 and c3. I am sure there would be enough demand for the GT if they sent it over here but we won't be that lucky.

    Dave


  3. #3
    CitroŽn, what else? smiffy1071's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Bristol/England!
    Posts
    1,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    You lucky bugger, we aren't getting any of the GT's in Australia. I think the sensodrive is what most poeple dont like so much on the c2 and c3. I am sure there would be enough demand for the GT if they sent it over here but we won't be that lucky.

    Dave
    As you may know, the GT model has a real gearbox. I understand they are a limited edition of just 2000 cars in the UK, and each one has a number plaque just by ther gearstick. CitroŽn are also producing a "sport" pack, which increases the power to WELL above 200BHP!!! on such a light car that will be phenominal!! john s
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

  4. #4
    Fellow Frogger! AxGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Be interested to see if the 200hp kit eventuates..
    sounds like a load of bull to me. Can't see how they'd get it past emission regs.

    I know that they've got more than 200hp with the saxo kit cars, but they are rally spec with no emission worrys or longevity.

    Ken

  5. #5
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Antwerp.Belgium
    Posts
    8

    Default

    The C2 GT? Is this like the 1.4i VTR (54kw/75pk) or the 1.6i 16V VTR (80kw/110pk) or the new 1.6i 16V VTS (96kw/130pk)?

  6. #6
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sydney, southern suburbs
    Posts
    184

    Default

    It's most like a C2 VTR with a 5 speed box and some luxuries stripped out to save weight. You'll see info on it if you look around the web (UK citroen site, evo mag site, etc.).

    The car is to be a base for Super 1600 rally car for the Junior WRC ... as they have to be (loosely) based on a road car ... which may be where thee 200 bhp idea comes from. I wouldn't expect it in a normal road version.

    C2 VTS seems Australia's best chance of a manual C2. Launched in Europe anytime now. So have to hope it'll come here (and that you'll be able to turn off all the damned ESP/traction control/etc.).
    unfrogged (for now)

  7. #7
    1000+ Posts Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smiffy1071
    As you may know, the GT model has a real gearbox.
    Why i called you a lucky bugger for being able to get them over there
    A high powered manual C2 would be an awesome little car.

    Dave


  8. #8
    Good Sport danielsydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    4,917

    Icon10

    I think someone else mentioned it before but i saw 2 C2 in leichardt in sydney on tuesday and in front of them was a black C3. They all looked great....

  9. #9
    CitroŽn, what else? smiffy1071's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Bristol/England!
    Posts
    1,486

    Icon7

    Quote Originally Posted by AxGT
    Be interested to see if the 200hp kit eventuates..
    sounds like a load of bull to me. Can't see how they'd get it past emission regs.

    I know that they've got more than 200hp with the saxo kit cars, but they are rally spec with no emission worrys or longevity.

    Ken
    Thats probably true about the emission regs, but the sport kit is not intended for road use. It is for sport use, and I guess it will be EXPENSIVE! However, to comply with rally regulations, the average joe in the street, has to be able to purchase all these goodies, for the works car to qualify. john s
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

  10. #10
    CitroŽn, what else? smiffy1071's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Bristol/England!
    Posts
    1,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Why i called you a lucky bugger for being able to get them over there
    A high powered manual C2 would be an awesome little car.

    Dave
    I think the AX GT felt faster, but the C2 just looks sooooo kewl!! john s
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •