C2 Owner's Manual
  • Register
  • Help

Default C2 Owner's Manual

Hi all I've just joined this forum.

I picked up my new Citroen C2 last Friday, but it came without an owner's manual. The dealer has arranged to get one for me, but says it will be a few weeks. He showed me how to do most things, but I have a couple of questions that some fellow owner may be able to answer...

How do you set the time on the clock?

Does the car have a trip computer? Once I saw on the display what looked like a km per litre count but I have never seen it since, nor have I been able to reset the trip meter

Does the owners manual have any info on how the transmission actually works? The dealer claimed that it 'learned' from my driving technique, but I am a little dubious...

What determines the speed/frequency of the wipers when in auto mode? So far it has drizzled twice, but the wipers don't seem to go often enough?

Advertisement

I love the car, but, like others, have not quite come to terms with the SensoDrive transmission. For the first couple of days I left it in automatic but have now started shifting myself. Most annoying is that in traffic you sometimes almost come to a stop, then take off again - the seems to confuse it and you get a big clunk as it drops back into first and takes off - this seems to happen in Manual and in auto mode.

This is my first Citroen. Most recently I have had a Nissan Paulsar SSS [for the last 5 years], prior to that 2 Daihatsus, a Rover, a Saab, a Fiat, some VWs and others.

I live in Sydney and took it for a spin down to Kiama and the up to Robertson via Macquarie Pass. It was great fun on the winding bits of the pass. The grip is quite incredible.

cheers,

ColinHarry

Icon10

colin good to hear that you like the car, and welcome to the board. It seems there are heaps of people buying the C2 on here now. What colour is it as ive seen a few around sydney?
    Silver, black, in hunters hill. The transmission sounds like it will take a while to get used too. Just give it time. And remember there are not many cits on the roads so you become french car aware.
    Keep onto the dealers and you normally get what you want and need.
    Good luck with the car put up some pictures....

The car is black and lives in Surry Hills. So far I have only seen one other on the road - a silver one in Burwood, though I have been told that a business in leichhardt has 3 yellow ones.

cheers, ColinHarry

1000+ Posts

Hi ColinHarry,

Danielsydney should be able to answer the clock one - it's the same as the C3. We don't need pictures we know what they look like

The wipers, on auto, are rain sensing. There is a sensor mounted in the back of the rear vision mirror. In general I find the Peugeot/Citroen rain sensing wipers very good, although they may not detect the super fine spray that comes up when driving behind semi trailers etc.

Welcome to
    Derek

ColinHarry, you can switch between different trip computer modes by pressing at the end of right-hand side stalk where it says '0' (something like that). I strongly recommend you not to use the AUTO mode. Manual mode is a much better option and once you get used to it, you will be able to drive very smooth.

Thanks for the tips.

A member, UCC2, has sent me some scanned pages - much appreciated.

I would never have thought of pushing the end of the wiper stick for the trip computer functions. Though, thinking about it I should have .... Some years ago I was driving my brother's Renault 16 for the day. Then it got dark and I couldn't find the switch for the headlights. I poked and prodded everything, felt about under the dash. Then eventually, in frustration I twisted the end of the blinker switch and voila - lights.

I am getting used to the Senso, and using Manual mode most of the time. I do not like the way it acts when you slow down, but don't quite stop, and the Senso is not sure whether to be in 1st or 2nd, even in Manual mode. This happens when driving through the carpark at work as well.

cheers, ColinHarry
    ColinHarry
    Vespa Granturismo 200

Thread Information