C5 HDI Fuel Consumption
  • Register
  • Help

Default C5 HDI Fuel Consumption

I'm new to this. Have recently registered after being given this address by two blokes I met at a lookout in W.A. last year (? DeKa & Pug 307) while driving around Australia. I can now tell them that for 21,000km of highway driving, sightseeing, and poking round towns we averaged 6.8 litres / 100km. Now have 49,000km up on the C5 HDI, totally trouble free.

Advertisement

Welcome to Aussiefrogs Rossie, your memory certainly serves you well!

Good to hear the car's running well, now, time to go for 100k

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Default C5 Hdi fuel usage

Quote Originally Posted by Rossie
    I'm new to this. Have recently registered after being given this address by two blokes I met at a lookout in W.A. last year (? DeKa & Pug 307) while driving around Australia. I can now tell them that for 21,000km of highway driving, sightseeing, and poking round towns we averaged 6.8 litres / 100km. Now have 49,000km up on the C5 HDI, totally trouble free.
    Rossie
    Our most recent interstate trip of about 4.000 km. (Melb.-Port Macquarie - Glen Innes - Coonabaraban - Leeton - Melb.) returned about 6 L/100 km. Highway consumption was 5.6 (Coonabarabran - Leeton - Melb. used 60.5 Litres for 1,100 km.), with 2 people plus luggage, and using the A/C constantly. This car now has 50,000 trouble-free kilometres. Driving around the suburbs I get about 8.0. Conclusion: This car delivers on manufacturer's claims !!

1000+ Posts

Hi Rossie,

Wow - amazing - after 2 years I reply! September 2003 it was when we saw you in Albany. I've been a bit slack around here.

Pug307 and I were driving a Renault Megane Coupe (old model) for those who are interested.

Derek.
    Last edited by DeKa; 21st November 2005 at 11:20 PM.

Default C5 HDI Fuel Consumption

Hi Roger and DeKa. C5 now has 94,500 km trouble free. I can't match your consumption, Roger. I get about 6.3 travelling at 100 kph on tour. We live at a small town 44km from a city, and for what we do average 7 l/100km. I'm quite happy with that.
    Regards, Rossie.

My dad has a HDi wagon. A brilliant machine, borrowed for a couple of weeks while he was OS and got 7.6 driving around Sydney. Plenty of get up and go and a lovely combination with that AL4 gearbox

If Citroen aren't going to give us BX size hydropneumatic cars any more maybe we will have to keep them going. When your BX motor wears out what to do in the current climate of high fuel prices. I wonder if a C5 HDi motor would fit, if it did it would certainly move 950kg along and economy would be brilliant too

Greg

Default HDi engine in a BX

Greg C
    If a BX only weighs in at 950 kg., the C5 HDi engine, if it could be fitted, would give sensational performance and fuel consumption !!

Having said that, I'm a bit sceptical about a kerb mass of only 950 kg. Is that from the Owner's Handbook?

I expect that you have read of the "Greenfleet" class that competed in parallel with the 2005 World Solar Challenge between Darwin & Adelaide. Reading between the lines (because I can't find any official results) the diesel powered vehicles were far superior to the hybrid cars.

Yes believe it or not 950kg for the 16TRS and about 1020KG for the later injected cars as per the wokshop manual. They certainly feel it

Greg
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

Thread Information