Citroen C3 Anyone own one?
  • Register
  • Help

Default Citroen C3 Anyone own one?

I was considering trading my little Ka in and looked at the C3. Haven't driven one but all I seem to hear is a lot of negative stuff about the quality of them. Anyone out there know much about them?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by morton403
    I was considering trading my little Ka in and looked at the C3. Haven't driven one but all I seem to hear is a lot of negative stuff about the quality of them. Anyone out there know much about them?
    Not trying to be rude or anything, but any car on the market at the moment will be miles better than Ford Ka in every aspect.

Out of curiosity what do you know about Ka's. Mine is unremarkable but never gives trouble. They certainly never caught on in Australia.

1000+ Posts

What negative things have ou heard? My family's one has just passed 30 000km and hasn't had a single problem at all. It doesn't have a rattle or a squeak, and everything's put together perfectly.

I beleive Danelsydney's C3 is the same - troublefree.

It's certainly a cheap car to drive - 7L/100km city and 5L/100km hwy. Very comfortable too.

Derek.

UFO

Out of curiosity what do you know about Ka's. Mine is unremarkable but never gives trouble. They certainly never caught on in Australia.
    Well at least the C3 has an engine that was designed in the last 10 years and has some go in it. All the Aus model Ka got was an asthmatic 1.3l iron block donk that wouldn't pull the skin off a hot milk.

At 1.4l the engine in the standard C3 might not seem much but it does a damn good job. The 1.6 is very good though.

The C3 is selling very well and as with all new cars there were some minor reliability probs but overall everyone seems happy.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

I havn't heard of much wrong with them, and they seem pretty reliable to me, definetly nice and distinctive on the raod, and really comfortable to be in! Only down side about them is the 1.4 Auto is a bit weak till they are run in properly! Rather disappointing to test drive actually! But Deka's manual goes fantastically!

Benny
    206 1.6 XT Auto China Blue in the house.

Hopefully soon to be C3...or C2.....owner.....maybe.....one day....I hope!!!!!

Everyone knows Ford Ka is a total failure.
    Did I say they break down once a week? No
    I just said that any new car on the market right now is much better than Ford Ka in every aspect.
    I'd pick Hyundai Getz over Ford Ka to be honest

I like the look of the KA.
    I drove one in UK in 2001 - it was very dull, and harsh, but it looked funky - two toned plastic wheel arches! At the sane time I also had a new Rover 25 as a hire car. It was very quiet and fast, with little bits of leather trim inside, but it too was unremarkable.

In Aust, the C3 is a nice little package. I haven't heard of any major problems with them. Give it a go - or maybe the flash C2!
    RIP

UFO

Mrs UFO and I were watching recorded eps of "The Bill" last night (yes tragic I know but we only watch about 4 hours of TV a week these days).

Anyway.... It was the ep where Des Tavener is really getting the guilts up about have firebombed the station ages ago. There is a scene where you see two of the detectives sitting in a car doing an obo of a guy and as they get out of the car you can tell it is a pale blue C3. Cits keep popping up in The Bill - it used to be BXs all the time and recently there have been a spate of Xantias and now we see a C3.

That ep was probably on in early June.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

A girl i work with has one, she is always raving to me how good it is. And im always raving to her how good the 16valve is. Shes had hers for just under 30,000km and she said the only problem she has had was a flat tire, its been serviced on the dot and all that stuff, and its sweet, and she is always telling me about how it uses no petrol wahtsoever, im always saying how much petrol the 16valve uses in city traffic, stop/start stop/start stop/start. Anyway, i like them, for a little bubble like car there cheap to run, look pretty decent and stand out with the rest of the CITS. Anyway its bannana time, cya later!
    1989 BX 16 Valve Mk1 - SOLD (And Missed)
    http://www.bx16v.cjb.net
    1992 R32 GTSt Skyline

Icon1

spoose you are quite right while the C3 is no race car(nor would i want it to be) it does whats its suppsed to with french flair. Its a good shape, reliable, interesting non boring.
    Id recommend one to people....

I'm biased, but if you don't need the extra space, C2 is better

Thread Information