Anyone interested in this?
  • Register
  • Help

Default Anyone interested in this?

I don't know if anyone here has seen the posting I made in "For Sale" Forum but there's a TRi going up that seems to have minimal rear N/S guard damage. It has TRi on the bootlid but take a look at the spoiler; it's the same as the GTi versions in 8 & 16V style.
    It could be that it's a stray dog (ie) not what appears on the badge on the bootlid, (for insurance reasons) or simply one that someone's managed to grab a spoiler from amnother model. The paint looks a bit tired but they usually buff up OK and the last BX that went through in Melbourne was possibly better than this & pulled peanuts. If this one isn't too badly weathered inside could be a good runabout or otherwise could be a cheap parts car.

Advertisement

Anyone want a cheap runabout next week?

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    I don't know if anyone here has seen the posting I made in "For Sale" Forum but there's a TRi going up that seems to have minimal rear N/S guard damage. It has TRi on the bootlid but take a look at the spoiler; it's the same as the GTi versions in 8 & 16V style.
    It could be that it's a stray dog (ie) not what appears on the badge on the bootlid, (for insurance reasons) or simply one that someone's managed to grab a spoiler from amnother model. The paint looks a bit tired but they usually buff up OK and the last BX that went through in Melbourne was possibly better than this & pulled peanuts. If this one isn't too badly weathered inside could be a good runabout or otherwise could be a cheap parts car.

Anyone want a cheap runabout next week?

Alan S
    Hi Alan, I agree it could be a cheap little BX for someone. I could straighten that guard out I reckon. It's still a matter of what would they sell it for I guess. That BX at the wreckers was in good shape and was only $800.00. These guys are probably looking for a fair bit more. What would be a typical price for this one?
    Cheers..George.

The last one went for $550 I think and it was better than this.
    This is where these wreckers would buy them in lots of cases and as we've bought one 16V for $900 I don't see why this would pull any big prices.
    Wreckers usually get nervous when someone "out of the loop" start bidding on Cits so if you're left bidding against the Auction stooge, offer him the car (that's him with the clipboard dropping a bid on every car that's slow getting bids)

Alan S

George & anyone else interested; this one comes up tommorrow, Tuesday 6th July so better get the five hundred nicker in the pocket and don't get drunk spending what's left on the way home.

Alan S

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    George & anyone else interested; this one comes up tommorrow, Tuesday 6th July so better get the five hundred nicker in the pocket and don't get drunk spending what's left on the way home.

Alan S

Bugger....I'm working tomorrow....bugger...
    Cheers....George.

Thread Information