Best XM Strut fix
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Best XM Strut fix

Has anyone done the front strut fix on the XM? I will need to do mine soon and would appreciate any help on where to buy the bits and tips on fitting them. I live in Sydney.
    Dave

Advertisement
    Cheers,
    Dave

Icon4 XM Struts

undefined
    Hi you could try sourcing the Struts from Martin Bray in SA 0429 089 644 and then finding someone locally to fit them. Cheers [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Rod Blanchard; 21st June 2004 at 03:50 AM.

Hi Dave,

Check this link:

XM Series 2 DO break strut mounts

regards
    sean

There were a number of different strut sizes over the years so make sure you get the right one. I got my strut tops from Continental Motors but being new they are very expensive. The job is very straight forward and one of the easiest on an XM. There is a lot strut tops etc on the Yahoo XM forum.

All the best

Peter

cbg

I take it you mean you want to change the strut mount. Yes it is the easiest job on a Cit that can ever be done. Even the Haynes book makes sense on this one!

Yes there are different size struts depending on the year of manufacture and the size of the engine. Best tip I can give you is measure the maximum diameter of the strut shaft itself; this then is the diameter size of the oriface on the strut mount. If you quote that diameter to either Yongie at Auto France, Sydney, Continental Cars, Sydney or Martin Bray in SA, you are certain to get the right strut mount. Note: you need a set of torq bits that go up to T40 to remove the strut mount from the car.

Cheers,

CBG

Tadpole

Default xm strut responses

Thanks everyone for the advice. I will let you know how the fix goes. At the moment I am being delayed by a dud starter motor. What a job to get that thing out!
    Cheers,
    Dave

Thread Information