C2 Price
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: C2 Price

Default C2 Price

Hi guys,

Advertisement

I'm currently thinking about buying a C2 VTR after I get a chance to test drive it. I was just wondering if there's anyone here who bought one and how much discount you were able to get? Also did you experience any problems with the car? Thanks

1000+ Posts

Hi coladuna,

You the guy from Whirlpool? Welcome to our forum.
    Going on our C3 experience, they are very trouble-free cars. Not a rattle/squeak/leak at all in over 30 000km.

Given they're quite popular, I don't know how much discount you'd get. We didn't get any on our C3 but then we picked ours up the day they became available in Australia and demand was pretty hot!

Derek

The dealer didn't have any C2 in the showroom so I had to put an order for one, which is due to arrive in August. I put down $500 deposit and the deal I got is $987 off the price plus free floor mats and window tints.
    I think the drive away price worked out to be about $25300 or something like that. Is that a decent deal?

1000+ Posts

Sounds good to me! Anything less than list is good, especially for a popular car.

If you want to see a Citroen C2, just a hint - come to the Brisbane French Car Day on Sunday July 11 at UQ St Lucia campus. Alot of us Aussiefroggers will be there.

Info: Brisbane French Car Day, 11th of July

Derek

DeKa,

Are you going to be there? Are you back in QLD?

I'll be there too but probably in something pretty boring

Quote Originally Posted by DeKa
    Sounds good to me! Anything less than list is good, especially for a popular car.

If you want to see a Citroen C2, just a hint - come to the Brisbane French Car Day on Sunday July 11 at UQ St Lucia campus. Alot of us Aussiefroggers will be there.
    Thanks, but that's not necessary. They'll have a yellow C2 coming in in the next week or two, so I would have had a test drive by then.

There will be a yellow C2 in the aussiefrogs stand this year, yes

Gibgib,

You should get Greenblood to make up some Aussiefrogs Namebadges so we can put our AF names on them so we recognise each other on the day!

Which Cit will I bring?
    1. The CX Wagon (Its a bit sad though - hope it still starts)
    2. The BX TZI (Using a lot less oil and going better too after my last trick)
    3. The Xantia Wagon (Wifes shopping trolley and the holiday cruiser)

Ken W

Good idea.

Icon10

On my way to Coffs Harbour over the long weekend I saw a silver C2 zipping past me pretty quickly.
    Looks great going along the highway..

Default C2 Tech

I spoke to Greg at Continental today Citroen have done an upgrade to the gear change computer to make it smoother.
    This upgrade/reprogram is available to all existing C2 and there are suttle changes to the cars as well.
    The Price considering the package is very good. Even the juno,s admit that the packaging is very good.

Yeah I heard about the new mapping (that's what he called it) on the gearbox from the dealer I went to in Brisbane. I only asked to see the sensodrive on the C3 and he stressed that he doesn't want me to drive the C3 as the gearbox is completely different.

Coladuna, are you XCA from whirlpool?

In regards to Greg, yep Bill told me the samething. There were some bugs at the beginning, but with the new update its all gone and perfected.

Quote Originally Posted by Uga Boga
    He he, sems to a small Whirlpool party going on here fellas
    + =

Quote Originally Posted by Uga Boga
    Yeah I am

Icon5

back to the C2 do u think you are going to buy one?

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    back to the C2 do u think you are going to buy one?
    correction. my sister is buying
    However, no doubt I'll have a big influence on her decision as she knows absolutely nothing about cars. She doesn't even know the difference between windscreen washer fluid and radiator coolant. haha

Anyway, she definitely likes the C2's look better.
    She doesn't like the SensoDrive apparently and would like to have the option of conventional manual transmission for some reason. I think SensoDrive would be awesome if it worked well.
    Can't wait for the test drive. Hopefully they'll give us call to let us know that a car has come in this Saturday.

The C2 my mother in law is buying wasn't expected until the first week in July. The dealer (Continental Cars) was none the wiser when 2 were delivered on the same day last week.
    You might get lucky

Can't wait to drive this C2.

Default C2 in SA

At the Adelaide Motor Show the C2 was hot item. I had to wait just to sit down in one , for 10 minutes!! Sure looks HOT in Black. I would like to buy one but i've heard the senso-drive is a hit and miss affair.

Love to see a Yellow one in the flesh. It was great to see Citroens stand full of curious public. hopefully they can convert this interest into sales

Cheers Pete

The comments about sensodrive is a mixed one.
    Some people seem to love it and others hate it.
    I've also read that update to the software can improve it or something?
    That's what the salesman told me as well, which is why he didn't want me to testdrive the C3 with old software, gear mapping or whatever it's called

Icon10

C3 sonsodrive has been described as "kekyl and hyde". Its a modern hydraulique....
    I love both cars though....

In regards to the C2, Is there ever going to be a manual 6 spd brought out to Australia. I drove a senso-drive C3 and did'nt enjoy the hesitation when changing gears. I bloody hope this 'mapping' improves the drive on a C2 , Its a HOT car

Pete

Tadpole

Im glad I found this forum in time......phew~
    I'm also looking at a CitroŽn C2 VTR......Ive always wanted a Mini, but thats kinda too expensive for me as a first car. So it's gotta be a C2 I reckon.....but what about this Sensodrive gearbox?...hmm...Ive heard stories from a friend who says that his dad's C2 is really annoying him....I guess i must try out the gearbox for myself. Brisbane Citroen are saying that discounts are in the hundreds instead of thousands....but Coladuna got a great deal....I spose you bought from Brisbane citroen?!?....What colour have you ordered? They suggested that I put my name down for one on the June production line....and sign the contract subject to a test-drive.....but my parent's cannot decide yet...Oh well...Looks like my C2 will come later...

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by coladuna
    Thanks, but that's not necessary. They'll have a yellow C2 coming in in the next week or two, so I would have had a test drive by then.
    Brisbane Citroen have a yellow C2 coming in??! They told me they wont have one till August to test-drive...and the salesman said that the C3 with the sensodrive would be fine to test-drive, as it is the same as C2. If they keep up the unreliable info...I think I'll go down south to euroautos at the gold coast. btw...what colour did your sister order? will it have PPQ?

21blue, come to the French Car day Sunday the 11th, in the aussiefrogs stand there will be a yellow C2, most likely the only one there.
    The owner will have nearly 2000k's on it by then, so can give you a good opinion of it

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread Information