DS front suspension boot
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default DS front suspension boot

I discovered I need to replace the front suspension boot on my DS23.

Can anyone confirm that I need to have both front wheels floating free in order to remove old and fit new boot?
    Cheers

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Hi, yes both front wheels have to be off the ground.
    Cheers,
    Ed

Tadpole

Thanks Ed

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet View Post
    Hi, yes both front wheels have to be off the ground.
    Cheers,
    Ed
    Yes again. If both front sides are not able to droop to their max the roll bar connection between the two sides will not allow full downward travel and prevent the pushrod within the cylinder to be disconnected from its loaded location point on the upper arm.
    This is a good time to get the grease gun out and do the upper and lower joints on the roll bar connections and the housing on the suspension member that locates the roll bar housing. I know there are supposedly access points behind the rubber bungs in the splash trays but these rarely allow a full straight facing access for the grease gun.
    If the leaky boot is the left side a good opportunity to clean around the height corrector and ensure no pipework is in rubbing contact. Lots of debris and crud can get into the area depending on the territory the car has been used in.
    On the right side ensure there is a free run for the boot's return tube past the big stiff handbrake cable behind the splash trays too.

Make sure the new boot orientation on the cylinder is the same as the old boot that comes off too so that the return pipes fit into their tubes at good angles. And have fun attaching the bit that goes into the upper arm onto the bottom of the rod with that tricky clip system.

Cheers, Ken

Thread Information