• 2 Post By startermotor
  • 1 Post By startermotor

Thread: C5 X7 2010 2.0HDI Sedan

Tadpole

Default C5 X7 2010 2.0HDI Sedan

ENGINE No: DYWT4001068
    110,000 KMS, 1 previous owner Vehicle.

Recent Purchase. Nov 2019.
    First time owner of a French made car and a diesel - moved past the standard & commonly repeated discrimination. First impressions are good/different. Love the ride, smooth responsive gearbox and economy.

All suggestions welcome to fix the following quirky problems that have revealed themselves.

* central dash lcd screen (Audio & phone) in hot weather fade lines appear and eventually everything fades and the screen goes blank. Cooler weather or once the aircon has cooled the cabin it operates as it should sometimes. Does this mean that the screen is past it's use by date and needs replacing?

* air-conditioning operating fine one day - the next day it just stops working. No fan. Any suggestions on a set sequence to trouble shoot would be appreciated. Electric windows are good but the wife is not impressed. Help!

* suggestions as to where to buy interior spare parts (hand break handle, drivers door - door handle surround trim) in Brisbane.
    Thanks all.
    Looking forward to any help available.
    Gratitude

startermotor

Advertisement

Sent from my MI MAX using aussiefrogs mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by startermotor View Post

* central dash lcd screen (Audio & phone) in hot weather fade lines appear and eventually everything fades and the screen goes blank. Cooler weather or once the aircon has cooled the cabin it operates as it should sometimes. Does this mean that the screen is past it's use by date and needs replacing?
    In a word, yes. This is quite common on 407 and C5. Just search ebay for "407 C5 screen". They are between $160 and $240. but, there's several different types, with different wiring connections.

It would help to have your old one out to compare part numbers or wires. I am not sure how to do this, have done a 407 (30 seconds) not a C5, but have seen instructions on this forum about how to do it.

Hi Startermotor,

Welcome to the forum and to Citroen ownership in Brisbane.

Your display sounds normal for the orange (I think) vacuum fluorescent display that it is. Best just to keep it cool.

Your air con fan could be either a dodgy wiring connector (unlikely), a dodgy fan controller (likely) or worn brushes on the interior fan motor (possible). We had our fan give up completely in Cockle Creek in Tassie in 2017 and ended up paying the have the fan controller and fan replaced in Hobart. I think worn fan brushes contribute to failure of the fan controller. The fan controller rotate clicks into the passenger side of the central air box and the fan has a tab rotate unclick right around the back of the airbox.

Go to the web link below and register as an independent service operator, plug in your VIN and you can get all the spare parts numbers for your car as well as exploded diagrams of how it all fits together.

Service Box

I have had good recent service from a website below in getting parts. Mike Aldridge gives quick response email to queries and goods come out fast via TNT.

peugeotcitroendsparts.com

Perhaps think about joining the CCCQ and coming to our Champagne Breakfast on the 11th to get the year going.

https://citroenclubqld.org/events/

I can possible help more if you PM me some contact details.

Cheers, Ken
    Last edited by Ken W; 3rd January 2020 at 09:03 AM.

1000+ Posts

Also worth knowing about:
    EAI in Sydney for most service parts - only a courier away. https://www.eai.net.au/
    Onshore OIl if you get stuck getting correct lubricant. Low ash is an absolute MUST htttp://www.onshoreoils.com.au/

I am guessing that for 2010 it has the RHH motor, AKA the DW10CTED4 . Look for those letters at position 6 in the VIN. It's now 9 years old - do you have any info on the timing belt?

The X7 version of the C5 - yours - is one of the best built cars around, and reliable. Because of the independent parts suppliers these cars are not over-expensive to keep.

Despite being "filled for life" consider a fluid change for the Aisin made auto at some point soon. The most likely fault to eventually develop is a worn solenoid valve, causing a slip.

Tadpole

Thanks Dijon 16, Ken W, Seasink,

Your prompt replies based on accumulated knowledge and personal experience coupled with the willingness to share is outstanding, thanks heaps.

Sorry I forgot to add the
    VIN - VF7RDRHHA9L582155
    And base model spec - "Comfort"

Re the Orange vacuum fluorescent display;
    Dijon 16,
    I'll check out the replacement option, thanks for straight up reply.
    Ken W,
    The "keep it cool" suggestion for the display is a good one - just need someone to turn the big heater in the sky off during the day whilst we have no air con in Sunny & Hot hot Brisbane.

Re the air con fan/blower;
    Ken W,
    My air con guy diagnosed a faulty fan motor/fan speed resistor. Brisbane City CitroŽn have quoted over $400 for it ex Sydney.
    Generic independent after market Ebay option $28.39

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6441S7-H...-/333367534041

I'll try Mike Aldridge @ peugeotcitroendsparts.com as well.
    Thanks also for referring me to Service Box.

Seasink,

Your recommendations;
    EAI - I'll try them for that resistor
    Onshore Oil
    Timing belt
    Independent parts suppliers
    Auto oil change to look after the "filled for life" design feature.

Gratitude to you all.
    startermotor

Sent from my MI MAX using aussiefrogs mobile app
    CXVingtCinq likes this.

Thread Information