• 1 Post By ds21bvh
  • 2 Post By angru
  • 1 Post By alpine
  • 1 Post By David S

Thread: Are these guys taking the piss

Default Are these guys taking the piss

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...G-AD-18232775/

Advertisement
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

throttle shop There standard pricing seems to be "add 50% to market value". Absolutely spectacular looking car.... For $85,000 I'd be wanting a non-melted steering wheel and new pedal rubbers though
    CXVingtCinq, UFO and FIVEDOOR like this.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Yeah. As they say, "Tell him he's dreaming"....

I have seen the odd car for sale by them and they do seem to be massively optimistic with the opening asking price, but this example takes the cake. Perhaps they get someone interested and bargain down to just around a "daylight robbery" price.? As against the "outrageous" opening asking price..

As Shane says, for anything like near this price you'd expect a little better standard in the detail. Interior trim areas are somewhat lacking. The chrome on the dash air vent outlets are as poor as the steering wheel and clutch pedal pad. They haven't even bothered much with the LHM tank under the bonnet.

Still, a rising tide lifts all boats. So we should all be grateful for appreciating prices I guess.
    Cheers, Peter J
    Current - 1974 D Special
    : 1976 16TS
    Previous - 1984 CX 25 IE : 1976 16TS : 1979 12 Virage

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CXVingtCinq View Post
    Yeah. As they say, "Tell him he's dreaming"....

I have seen the odd car for sale by them and they do seem to be massively optimistic with the opening asking price, but this example takes the cake. Perhaps they get someone interested and bargain down to just around a "daylight robbery" price.? As against the "outrageous" opening asking price..

As Shane says, for anything like near this price you'd expect a little better standard in the detail. Interior trim areas are somewhat lacking. The chrome on the dash air vent outlets are as poor as the steering wheel and clutch pedal pad. They haven't even bothered much with the LHM tank under the bonnet.

Still, a rising tide lifts all boats. So we should all be grateful for appreciating prices I guess.
    The biggest issue with such an amazing looking car .... and that price, is everyone instantly want to try and pick faults with it. Simply because at the price you're wondering how perfect the car can possibly get.

I know you couldn't build that car for the asking price though ..........
    CXVingtCinq and ramonm like this.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Tadpole

For 85 large I'd probably want them to spell it right too! Citron?

Fellow Frogger!

What! No push button radio or 8 track. Like to see some chassis photos. For that money, one would want to poke around the known rust spots. We all know a Goddess , 5 speed, efi and Pallas is priceless.

Fellow Frogger

It does present well, no question, There is always scope for picking fault ... the bonnet isn't closed properly in some pictures, which might lead some to think the panel fit is suspect until you look at other photos. Late DS23 didn't have a painted LHM tank, but they always look better when painted, although strictly wrong! Tsk! Tsk! It's also very obviously a cloth-trimmed car that has been attractively retrimmed in leather, rather than having the full correct Palls leather trim.

In my humble opinion I don't think it's unrealistic.
    Especially if it's been a full strip down, back to bare metal resto.
    Carpets and some interior details aside it looks to be a nice car with a decent pedigree.
    I've heard of some really nice cars change hands (without being advertised) for not that much less than this.
    If we keep dragging them down then that is where they will stay.
    Micheal Berry's DS21 has clearly sold?
    As Shane said you could not build one and do it properly for the asking price - let alone the commitment required to get it there.
    Kind regards,
    Mark
    Vincenzo likes this.

I think Mark hits the nail on the head, as does Shane: it is not only the total sum of the parts which will need to be replaced or refurbished, nor the price of a perfect panel and paint job, but the time and effort commitment to get a good car to this level; many, many, many hours. If you have a car restorer do all this work for you, you'd not get any change from $75k. A mate of mine restored a DS23 Pallas FI automatic, with all NOS parts. Sourcing the parts from all around the globe, but doing most of the work himself, set him back over $100k... It was the best DS I have ever seen, absolutely world class. It sold later for much less than that.
    Having said that, many very good cars of various makes have become investments for the well-heeled to get returns on their investments of over 20% pa... They're investors alright, car lovers not so much. But like Peter says: a rising tide lifts all boats.

Fellow Frogger!

You Citroen guys still trying to devaluate your cars by talking their values down??
    Good job.
    FIVEDOOR and Vincenzo like this.

Fellow Frogger!

if it is the car i think it is , the owner spent near the asking price in the refurb, drives exceptionally well
    Vincenzo likes this.

What would the price be if they put the air con back on? Or maybe its not the original front bumper.

Fellow Frogger

Late DS23 apparently arrived with A/C bumpers even without A/C installed.
    Vincenzo likes this.

Thread Information