Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: C6 at auction

Default C6 at auction

https://www.graysonline.com/lot/0001...sedan?spr=true

Also a C5 Comfort

Advertisement

https://www.graysonline.com/lot/0001...sedan?spr=true

Interesting anyone looked at the cost of parts to repair just looks like bumper and taillight .
    Everything else could be repaired.
    Does not look like any frame damage .
    Has anyone on the forum inspected the car .
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

Shame its a diesel

Gone but not forgotten C5 x7 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time
    Garage C5 X7 4008
    Gone but not forgotten 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

I think they only brought about two petrol C6s into Oz, so diesel it almost certainly has to be...
    2011 Citroen C5 - 'La Barge'

Fellow Frogger

Be wary that the C6's RHR tail lamp doesn't appear to sit against the boot lid correctly. The rear bar cover looks like it would account for most of the visible external damage as it wraps half way around into the rear quarter. (Edit: Picture 3 suggests the rear quarter panel is kinked. The boot aperture is bent on the RHS.) The lamp assembly bolts to the body, so although it is smashed, if it doesn't sit correctly against the bootlid, then you have to assume there is a little more damage inside. You'd have to have a look to know. Some of the parts to consider before bidding ... The rear bar cover 7410Y5, supplied unpainted, which will leave you little change from $3K as a new part. Bare bootlid 860685 approaching $2K, the chrome strip on the bar cover 7452GS $300, RHR upper lamp unit 6351W9 $400, RH bootlid lamp unit 6351W7 $200 plus all the other odds and ends required. You might get lucky asking around, but used parts would be difficult to find locally.

The choice of petrol versions in Australia you could count on one hand.

The blue C5 is not really a 'Comfort' model as it predates the use of that name. It has the 16" steel rims with hubcaps instead of the more common 17" aluminium alloy rims, electric handbrake, spheres, sunroof, halogen headlamps and the full leather seating usually replaced by half leather/cloth on the true 'Comfort'. It's now a sub-10K car, so probably one for the locals only given costs to take interstate unless it sells for very, very little or the buyer simply likes road trip adventures like one friend I have.

Looking at parts overseas

Rear bumper 300
    Tail light 25
    Panel and paint $2000 plus
    Transport $2000 unless I fly over and drive it home airfare $500 fuel $500 time immeasurable
    So the car would-be worth $5000 to me
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

Quote Originally Posted by MELso View Post
    I think they only brought about two petrol C6s into Oz, so diesel it almost certainly has to be...
    In the pictures it shows the engine bay but doesnt change the fact that v6 diesels are a money pit.
    I would be worried about the spoiler as well.

Gone but not forgotten C5 x7 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Garage C5 X7 4008
    Gone but not forgotten 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

Revised transport $1000 looking tempting
    Could always swap for the old reliable 2l c5 diesel frightened a little VW type R with ours today they stand on their heels when given the boot

Fellow Frogger

Definitely a 2.7HDi as the VIN contains UHZ. The ES9 probably has fewer vices in old age compared to the diesels, but there are a few lower cost workarounds and some engine items can be found from Ford, Jag and LR. Some faults you just have no option other than to pay up $$$$ to fix if you want it working correctly, remembering the oldest C6 is now a 14yo and youngest pushing 10.

Freight on inexpensive but bulky used parts from Europe will be the killer.

Don't you just not need the spoiler when doing over 140kph

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHRIVAL View Post
    Don't you just not need the spoiler when doing over 140kph
    Yep but Im sure we had warning lights from some position fault on one once.

Garage C5 X7 4008

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    Definitely a 2.7HDi as the VIN contains UHZ. The ES9 probably has fewer vices in old age compared to the diesels, but there are a few lower cost workarounds and some engine items can be found from Ford, Jag and LR. Some faults you just have no option other than to pay up $$$$ to fix if you want it working correctly, remembering the oldest C6 is now a 14yo and youngest pushing 10.

Freight on inexpensive but bulky used parts from Europe will be the killer.
    No probably about it plenty of es9 motors around if it all goes pear shaped

Garage C5 X7 4008

I would taking a close look at this vehicle personally. Check out the 3rd image it appears to have a "pumped" rear drivers side rear quarter.

I would suggest there could be more damage than what superficially is showing. It also has missing front lenses from the front bar(Indicators?)

Headlights need polishing if recoverable which also indicates to me it has had a large part of its life not garaged.
    No books or service history makes one ask. Why wasn't it repaired? Does it have repairable title?

My two bobs worth
    Cheers Andrew

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Don't know C6s much, but also should the "service" be lit on the dash when ignition "ON" unless a problem?
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

DS23 IE Pallas Automatique
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive
    C3 II 2010

There are at least 2 people prepared to risk it or just spare parts value at $2700 under 6-7 would be tempting even if you had to throw $5000 at it

Quote Originally Posted by harrisson_citroen View Post
    Don't know C6s much, but also should the "service" be lit on the dash when ignition "ON" unless a problem?

Ignition on and running. Nice mix of tyres Michelin along with "Sailwin Sportsway". Must be a Chinese equivalent?

Quote Originally Posted by harrisson_citroen View Post

Problem ?? It has missed a service at the very least.
    Ignition on and running. Nice mix of tyres Michelin along with "Sailwin Sportsway". Must be a Chinese equivalent.

I see there are 6 bidders into the foray !!

Cheers
    Andrew

Fellow Frogger

Quote Originally Posted by DS/ID View Post
    I would taking a close look at this vehicle personally. Check out the 3rd image it appears to have a "pumped" rear drivers side rear quarter.

I would suggest there could be more damage than what superficially is showing. It also has missing front lenses from the front bar(Indicators?)

Headlights need polishing if recoverable which also indicates to me it has had a large part of its life not garaged.
    No books or service history makes one ask. Why wasn't it repaired? Does it have repairable title?

My two bobs worth
    Cheers Andrew
    Agree re image 3 and that there will be more damage than meets the eye. Also, if you look at the picture showing the front door open with the side of the dash normally protected from light now visible, you can see how the trim has faded. Perhaps, just parked in the sun at work? The headlamp polycarbonate can be polished and recoated, so that shouldn't be a major problem. New headlights cost $2500 per side and the eBay variety are not necessarily the same units. Don't forget in Europe there were taxi 4 cyl versions, so parts may not always suit the higher spec versions sold here.

Possible reasons for it being on offer would include that it's a repo, wasn't insured, an insurer has settled with the owner and/or it is being sold on after realising it isn't the quick and cheap fix expected. Checking for any salvage issues against the VIN would be smart. Victoria still has salvage repairable write-offs I believe, while NSW killed that industry stone cold dead several years ago now.

150k too so belt time, more cost!

very chic auto aside from rear disaster.

If I was in the market I'd want one that didn't require ALL THAT EFFORT!

Fellow Frogger

Plus 15% buyer's premium until it reaches $4K and then drops to 7%. GST is included and not on top.
    Timing belt should have been done on age at 10 years. Given the tyres, maybe not???
    VicRoads shows the rego was cancelled in March 2019.

Fellow Frogger!

IMHO? More trouble and cost than it's worth, and I'd be surprised if the repair costs came in under 10K, and perhaps more. I drove a petrol version and a diesel version soon after the C6 hit the market here, and the diesel was by far the better one. And having owned a 2.7 HDi then a 3.0 HDi C5, both Tourers, the 3.0 was far and away better than the 2.7, AND it used 1l/100 k LESS than the 2.7. Apart from slightly dearer QLD rego, the 3.0 ran as cheaply as our C5 series II 2.0 HDi, but was far smoother, quieter, and considerably more powerful. That 3.0 HDi was the best engine I have ever owned, and I've had a few. Cheers, Robin
    Stuey and turnbull151 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hoffmann View Post
    IMHO? More trouble and cost than it's worth, and I'd be surprised if the repair costs came in under 10K, and perhaps more. I drove a petrol version and a diesel version soon after the C6 hit the market here, and the diesel was by far the better one. And having owned a 2.7 HDi then a 3.0 HDi C5, both Tourers, the 3.0 was far and away better than the 2.7, AND it used 1l/100 k LESS than the 2.7. Apart from slightly dearer QLD rego, the 3.0 ran as cheaply as our C5 series II 2.0 HDi, but was far smoother, quieter, and considerably more powerful. That 3.0 HDi was the best engine I have ever owned, and I've had a few. Cheers, Robin

I agree with you Robin and think it may be worth more in parts than it will ever be on the road again.
    A close inspection should confirm this.

Also agree re the 3.0 C5 X7. We had one and I was amazed at the performance and economy. A great combination.
    They are a rare car now as owners tend to hold on to them.

Cheers
    Andrew

I have to go that area tomorrow and will swing in to have a look at it. For me, its just out of interest.

But if anyone wants me to look at, and report on, something specific, please let me know.

ARCHRIVAL: Does not look like any frame damage
    - Boot floor is bent in the spare wheel well. A more thorough inspection would be required to assess if there is any damage to the rails or rear cross member. Either way, cutting out and getting a replacement floor section might prove a difficult job.
    ARCHRIVAL: under 6-7 would be tempting.
    - given the damage and its condition, where it is now at 3k$ is enough, in my humble opinion.

DAVID S: Picture 3 suggests the rear quarter panel is kinked.
    - No kink in the rear quarter. That look in the picture is probably an artefact of the overall dull and scratched paint on most of the car.
    David S: Possible reasons for it being on offer would include that it's a repo, wasn't insured.... it isn't the quick and cheap fix expected.
    - I suspect its uneconomical to repair.

dmccurtayne: I would be worried about the spoiler as well.
    - Spoiler appears to be undamaged. The boot lid isn't pushed in too much. But hard to be sure until it’s pulled apart.

DS/ID: I would suggest there could be more damage than what superficially is showing.
    - There certainly is.
    DS/ID: it has had a large part of its life not garaged.
    - It presents like a car that hasn't had much love or care.
    DS/ID: Nice mix of tyres Michelin along with "Sailwin Sportsway".
    - a pair Primacy 3ST on rear, and a Pilot Super Sport on the front. I guess that the "Sailwin" was the spare put on to make the car transportable. There is no spare in the boot or anywhere else in the car.
    DS/ID: I see there are 6 bidders into the foray.
    - Best left to those 6 in my humble opinion.

forumnoreason: very chic auto aside from rear disaster.
    - it would need a lot of work and TLC to make it a nice car again.
    forumnoreason: If I was in the market I'd want one that didn't require ALL THAT EFFORT!
    - Absolutely.

Robin Hoffmann: IMHO? More trouble and cost than it's worth, and I'd be surprised if the repair costs came in under 10K, and perhaps more.
    - For sure.
    metulmykul likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CC1701 View Post
    ARCHRIVAL: Does not look like any frame damage
    - Boot floor is bent in the spare wheel well. A more thorough inspection would be required to assess if there is any damage to the rails or rear cross member. Either way, cutting out and getting a replacement floor section might prove a difficult job.
    ARCHRIVAL: under 6-7 would be tempting.
    - given the damage and its condition, where it is now at 3k$ is enough, in my humble opinion.

DAVID S: Picture 3 suggests the rear quarter panel is kinked.
    - No kink in the rear quarter. That look in the picture is probably an artefact of the overall dull and scratched paint on most of the car.
    David S: Possible reasons for it being on offer would include that it's a repo, wasn't insured.... it isn't the quick and cheap fix expected.
    - I suspect its uneconomical to repair.

dmccurtayne: I would be worried about the spoiler as well.
    - Spoiler appears to be undamaged. The boot lid isn't pushed in too much. But hard to be sure until it’s pulled apart.

DS/ID: I would suggest there could be more damage than what superficially is showing.
    - There certainly is.
    DS/ID: it has had a large part of its life not garaged.
    - It presents like a car that hasn't had much love or care.
    DS/ID: Nice mix of tyres Michelin along with "Sailwin Sportsway".
    - a pair Primacy 3ST on rear, and a Pilot Super Sport on the front. I guess that the "Sailwin" was the spare put on to make the car transportable. There is no spare in the boot or anywhere else in the car.
    DS/ID: I see there are 6 bidders into the foray.
    - Best left to those 6 in my humble opinion.

forumnoreason: very chic auto aside from rear disaster.
    - it would need a lot of work and TLC to make it a nice car again.
    forumnoreason: If I was in the market I'd want one that didn't require ALL THAT EFFORT!
    - Absolutely.

Robin Hoffmann: IMHO? More trouble and cost than it's worth, and I'd be surprised if the repair costs came in under 10K, and perhaps more.
    - For sure.

Well its starting to look like this is going to be either someone’s parts car or someone’s huge headache.
    To top it up the power windows don’t work. One wonders what that could cost. There is here a considerable amount of money to be spent to bring it up to a rebuilt C6 with a very sketchy past. I am sure the money could be invested in a much better car in the market.

It will be interesting to see where this ends up. None the less thanks to CC 1701 for his enlightening if not expected report.

Cheers
    Andrew

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information