• 2 Post By mistersooty
  • 2 Post By JBN

Thread: Dreaming of a white Christmas?

Tadpole

Default Dreaming of a white Christmas?

DS style!
    https://youtu.be/dPYAw5IiVgw

Advertisement

that bloke needs to build a carport. With a sloping roof!

Even more important is having a power point and a block warmer on a timer and an electric blow fan inside the car hooked up with the block warmer. The block warmer helps to keep the oil functional from cold start and the heater inside that car makes it more civilized for the driver. While carports are good, they don't help much when there is bit of wind about, the car will still get covered in drift snow. Ideal is a semi closed in garage, which keeps the snow off the car and doesn't created condensation inside the panels like a heated garage can unless they are really well ventilated. It is possible to ruin a perfectly good car with poorly set up garage in couple of years with rust.

Need to silicone the rubber door seals so they don't glue to the car frame and rip when you open the door. the windscreen washer needs additives and is very much required to see when the snow turns to slush on the road, .... nothing flash about living in cold climates, winters are just a huge amount of extra work.

Only positive about the winters I can think of, was the easy access to ice tracks (make you own on the nearest pond) and one can drive sideways to ones hearts content. Spinouts are cushioned by snowbanks so not a big deal, just bounce it out and go again.
    Michigander likes this.
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

When I was a young lad growing up in Guyra I always had a bottle of water under the seat to de-ice the windscreen. If perchance I did get caught out without said water the only option was often a carefully directed stream of urine..

Fellow Frogger!

I've been reading some mags from the Traction Owners Club in the UK. I suppose it is because there aren't lots of moderns in the pics with the lovely old cars but yes, we do have it so easy here. The worst here in Winter is that maybe you don't take your BEST car out in the rain but at least we don't have to hibernate our cars with the snow on the roads and salt.
    We do need to go back one day - - - just to experience all the things wonderful in the UK. Will we ever make it back to USA & Canada ? - - - who knows.

John

Tadpole

I'm jealous of you guys and your winter. Btw, this year we had a white Halloween.

This weekend I changed oil and filters, did the final wash and wax and covered everything up for the next four months or so. We had a nice mix of rain and snow last night. It won't be too long before the streets are either snow or salt covered. Sometime this week I'll bring down the winter tires in the attic for the Subarus and have them installed next weekend.

At least winter affords me the time to get various projects done - the LHM leak in right rear of the CX, the fuel gauge reading on the Sprite, dash lights on the Merc, etc.

20191128_101126.jpg20191128_101216.jpg

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by mistersooty View Post
    I'm jealous of you guys and your winter. Btw, this year we had a white Halloween.

This weekend I changed oil and filters, did the final wash and wax and covered everything up for the next four months or so. We had a nice mix of rain and snow last night. It won't be too long before the streets are either snow or salt covered. Sometime this week I'll bring down the winter tires in the attic for the Subarus and have them installed next weekend.

At least winter affords me the time to get various projects done - the LHM leak in right rear of the CX, the fuel gauge reading on the Sprite, dash lights on the Merc, etc.

20191128_101126.jpg20191128_101216.jpg
    Thanks for the pic. It is always interesting to see inside the lives of the old car fraternity around the globe. Janet & I did a road trip East from Toronto to Nova Scotia - - dropped down into USA and went through I think Maine and New Hampshire and eventually back to Toronto - - - unfortunately not in a Citroen. Good memories and great people.

John

JBN

He should bring the DS to Australia. That will get rid of the white stuff and replace it with either red dust or black ash, depending upon the location.

John
    Armidillo and COL like this.

Thread Information