• Help
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By forumnoreason
  • 2 Post By JBN

Thread: Project Car wanted- Traction or 2CV

Tadpole

Default Project Car wanted- Traction or 2CV

Hi all,
    In 1973 I bought my first car, a Slough Built Light 15. Since then I have owned several D's and a couple of 2CV's. Unfortunately these days I am Citroen-less, but would dearly like to take a walk down memory lane by restoring a Traction or a 2CV in my retirement. I say Traction because I have been developing a yearning for a RHD 11BL or 11BN -The simplicity of the interior decor and the minimal chrome appeal to me. I also remember that, of all the cars I have driven, there is one that always put a cheese grin on my face, and that was the 2CV.
    If anyone out there has, or knows of the whereabouts of either of these two models in need of some work, I would love to hear from them. I am not too fussed if the car is not running, or if there is a bit of rust, what I am most concerned about is that it is complete, or near to complete. I live in South Australia but I would be happy to travel interstate to view the right car and arrange to move it here.
    The easiest way to get hold of me is by email [email protected] or by phone (080 85568368).
    Many thanks.
    Ron

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Default Now for something completely different :)

Hi Ron
    If you do not find something suitable from the Citroen stable perhaps you could flex the grey cells and look at this. There is one close to you in SA. Different but perhaps a new introduction to the French in the '50s.
    Renault Colorale
    Cheers Jaahn

JBN

Ron, if you don't find anything suitable, be aware that August 2020 there will be a 2CV RAID in Australia - roughly Kalgoorlie to Gayndah in Queensland. After any RAID there are a number of 2CVs that come on the market. RAIDs come along every 4 years. Once you get into your 70's, you do the maths and ask how many more RAIDs do I need in my life? Or how much life is left to RAID?

John

Tadpole

Thanks Jaahn,
    Unfortunately, or is it fortunately, I am a Citroen tragic. I did own 4 Renault R4 over the years, but only as a consolation to the lack of 2CV's at the time. One was an early Fourgonette van. If a project vehicle doesn't present itself during the years I will be able to do the work I would consider buying a restored one, but at this stage I am wanting the challenge of the work. Besides I think the cashed up hipsters are pushing the price of 2CV's too high for me to look at this option right now.
    Ron

Tadpole

thanks JBN,
    I have considered what you are suggesting but am wary of a 2CV from the UK (salt and rust damage) and of buying one after the raid. I will nevertheless keep an eye out at the time if nothing has come up in the meantime.
    Ron

JBN

OK. I mentioned this as after the last Raid, a friend bought a very clean Raid vehicle that had been kept in Australia for many years just for Raiding. European owners had decided they were too old to do future Raids and decided to sell it. I believe it has since been restored to a very acceptable street level and is now worth many times what it was acquired for.

The corollary of this is that until August 2020, 2CVs in any condition other that pristine showroom will be very hard to come by as potential Raiders are trying to acquire one themselves.

John

John

would a league player fit in a 2CV?
    IWS and Vincenzo like this.

JBN

Quote Originally Posted by forumnoreason View Post
    would a league player fit in a 2CV?
    A half back would. Front rowers are probably too big but they are very useful in push starting one.

John
    CXVingtCinq and FIVEDOOR like this.

1000+ Posts

Don't they have two front rowers under the bonnet?

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stuey View Post
    Don't they have two front rowers under the bonnet?
    I thought they were horses !

JBN

The half back has a good grip on the tiller. There are two horses up front - every now and then going up steep hills I hear them - "Neigh, neigh, neigh").

John

Tadpole

Hi all,
    Would it be possible for the person I spoke to on the phone last week re: project 2cv and tractions to ring me again. I lost the number and wan to speak briefly with him.
    Thanks.
    Ron

Thread Information