• Register
  • Help
Like Tree8Likes
  • 7 Post By ajm212
  • 1 Post By wonkipop

Thread: XM at Motorclassica

Default XM at Motorclassica

Advertisement

John (JAJAE) was having trouble posting photos to the forum so I thought I'd take the liberty of posting this photo his car on display at Motorclassica this weekend.

It's surely the only one where the colour of the colour of the club plates doesn't clash with the car!
    Attached Images Attached Images

1000+ Posts

Thanks Andrew - we definitely needed to see this picture. What a fantastic colour - my silver car looks very bland by comparison!

BTW - don't forget that the size limit on photos has been relaxed (although more than 1MB makes loading the page very slow), and that if you can convert your photos from .jpg to to .png format before uploading, the forum will be much more co-operative! That said, John was probably trying to upload at one of those all-to-frequent times when access to the server is overloaded, and no-one can even view pages,let alone upload anything.

Cheers

Alec

Quote Originally Posted by Armidillo View Post
    BTW - don't forget that the size limit on photos has been relaxed (although more than 1MB makes loading the page very slow), and that if you can convert your photos from .jpg to to .png format before uploading, the forum will be much more co-operative! That said, John was probably trying to upload at one of those all-to-frequent times when access to the server is overloaded, and no-one can even view pages,let alone upload anything.
    hmmm, just tried and it still tells me that 100KB is the maximum upload limit...???? How do I get back to 1MB?

1000+ Posts

Ouch - I didn't double check before I posted. Maybe that 'loophole' has been closed? I'll try and put up a "post-bushfire" sunset - pretty normal around Tenterfield ATM...

Smoky sunset-2147.jpg

Well that photo is 422kb - no error.

I'll try a .png file:

The irony is that the .png file is more than 2x the size of the original .jpg file, but appears full-size where my cursor was sitting, after just a simple upload (no tweaking required)!

Cheers

Alec

Edit - I apologise that this picture is not related to the thread topic, but I wanted to choose a new photo that could not have been previously uploaded.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XM at Motorclassica-smoky-sunset-2147.png  
    Last edited by Armidillo; 12th October 2019 at 05:28 PM.

1000+ Posts

BTW - I used the simplest upload function - 3rd icon from the right hand end of the ribbon above the "Quick Reply" window.

Sven, if you are being treated differently to me when uploading, then that is very strange, and surely should not happen!

Cheers

Alec

Just the last few days I've uploaded a couple of .png files successfully, up to a wee bit over 1 Mb. I use Adobe Photoshop Elements to convert to .png, and they end up as huge files, which I reduce by 20% (linear not area) to get 1 Mb.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

I didn’t see this car there on Friday. Was it a late entry.
    2014 C5 2.2 HDI Limited Edition Sedan
    2007 C5 2.2 HDI Hatchback
    2007 C4 1.6 HDI EGS Sedan
    Peugeot Mi16 Series 2

My goodness I regret seeing this picture. We loved the lines of our XM and miss its style so much

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenine View Post
    I didn’t see this car there on Friday. Was it a late entry.
    Sorry Ceenine you missef it.
    CCCV and CCOCA were invited to sttend on Saturday.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by PeterJ View Post
    My goodness I regret seeing this picture. We loved the lines of our XM and miss itsnot anymore.e so much
    PeterJ, for a car 30 years old I was surprised as to the interest it raised. I thought that I wss biased not anymore - it is a lovely car (not taking anything away from the D with that statement).

good stuff JAJEA.
    nice work getting the car into the show.

XMs are great.
    peugeot in my view are to be commended for a last gasp attempt to keep the engineering going when consumers were giving up.
    i don't begrudge them shoring up the citroen operation by whatever means possible, economic production rationalisation and all.
    the idea was intact enough and the car was refined by the end of the production run.
    it deserves attention.

.....and they do seem to raise a bit of interest when you take them out.
    a gothic cathedral turret over a bertone wedge looks interesting today in a sea of orthopaedic silver and white mobile shoes.
    Motorgnome likes this.

Thread Information