• Help
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ken W
  • 1 Post By Robin Hoffmann
  • 1 Post By JohnW

Thread: Xantia V6 Suspension.

Default Xantia V6 Suspension.

G'Day folks,
    Just about to undertake maintenence of my Xantia V6 suspension. This has the VSX Hydractive system.

I have 8 new spheres.

There is a slight leak from around the front stiffness adjuster, which may be from the return line or the solenoid seals.
    There is no "hum" when opening the driver's door, so I suspect that the diodes are shot, so I will be replacing these.
    There is a constant electrical drain when everything is switched off. Could this be related to the crook diodes?
    Otherwise, I guess I will have to keep pulling fuses until the drain stops.
    Its enough to flatten the battery after a few days.
    Anything else that I should check for?
    Many thanks,
    Chris

Advertisement

My Activa also drains the battery pretty quickly. Here are some of the areas where I have deduced that the battery drains into. My window switches in the doors have a dim glow all the time. The central locking system is always powered up waiting to receive the command to unlock the car, and the interface box between the steering wheel radio buttons and the radio is also continuously powered to make it somewhat reliable.

I disconnect the battery if I am not going to be driving it for more than 5 days. But I still have to often add the charger if I forget to disconnect the battery.

Cheers, Ken
    almostfrench likes this.

Thanks Ken!

Fellow Frogger!

You could install a trickle charger (solar powered even) to the battery to keep it topped up if no obvious source for the discharge can be found. I've done that on my DS which doesn't get used very often, and I've always got a full battery.
    Cheers, Robin
    almostfrench likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hoffmann View Post
    You could install a trickle charger (solar powered even) to the battery to keep it topped up if no obvious source for the discharge can be found. I've done that on my DS which doesn't get used very often, and I've always got a full battery. Cheers, Robin
    This is exactly what I've done with the CX, which slowly drains the battery. Added incentive is longer battery life - those who've changed batteries on a CX will probably agree that it is best done rarely!! I have a (non-solar) electronic charger on the wall and a two pin socket in the CX engine bay, so just pop the bonnet and leave it plugged in. Works like a charm. Also, an electric fuel pump so as not to use the starter motor to get fuel to the carby, which isn't exactly a Xantia problem.
    almostfrench likes this.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Thread Information