Citroen Calls In Reinforcements
  • Register
  • Help

Default Citroen Calls In Reinforcements

The Citroen C2 is proving so popular with young-at-heart visitors to The Sunday Times Motor Show Live that the manufacturer has had to send for reinforcements – in the shape of two additional cars.

Citroen’s Marc Raven says, ‘We have had phenomenal interest in the C2, to the extent that as of this morning, there are two more cars on the stand. This is to cope with the demand for people who want to sit in the car and also to reduce queue times.’

Advertisement

Interest in the C2 has been fuelled by the presence on Citroen’s stand, in Hall 5, of a special edition of the VTR model, which is the product of a new partnership with the Ministry of Sound, world leaders in dance music and youth culture. The loudest and funkiest C2 so far, it features Sony’s latest Xplod MP3/CD player, Ministry of Sound styling and a smart Ministry badge on the rear.

The C2 is also proving a winner elsewhere in the show – wowing the crowds with a starring role in the Motropolis Live Action Arena.
    http://www.carpages.co.uk/citroen/ci...echo=188114722

Maybe one day Citroen will be equally as popular here.. darn spend some adveritising dollars, i'm getting sick of seeing all this Japanese crap around

Quote Originally Posted by Uga Boga
    [url]Maybe one day Citroen will be equally as popular here.. darn spend some adveritising dollars, i'm getting sick of seeing all this Japanese crap around

I'll second that
    WRC CHAMPS 04!!

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

And me
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

DS23 IE Pallas Automatique
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive
    C3 II 2010

Can't say I've ever seen an ad for a Citroen on Australian TV. Infact the only common places are the weekend paper near the letter "C" somewhere in the motoring classifieds or a page ad from time to time in an Aussie motoring mag.

Renault are outstripping the French Car makes for exposure with their big butts

Peugeot likes the side of busses up here in Bris, plus the occassional billboard.

Yep. I've seen heaps of Renault & Peugeot billboards in Sydney whilst Peugeot runs the occasional television ad.. On foxtel for example for the 307..

A few months ago the Citroen C5 ad was on quite frequently on commercial TV.

Of course, back when Peugeot were sponsoring the Rugby world cup, the 206 ad appeared a few times
    "You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles... Radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." - Albert Einstein

Xantia Activa CT - Chock full of upsy-downsy goodness!

1000+ Posts

Don't you guys remember the Claudia Schiffer ads for the Xsara? ooooohh mamma

None of these advertisements ran in Sydney

Icon1

Where is the Ministry of sound C3????

Quote Originally Posted by gibgib
    Can't say I've ever seen an ad for a Citroen on Australian TV. Infact the only common places are the weekend paper near the letter "C" somewhere in the motoring classifieds or a page ad from time to time in an Aussie motoring mag.
    We have a Citroen ad regularly on the front page of the Business section of the Saturday Age.

If you want to watch the TV ads, watch the late night news - there's a reason why they advertise then.

I've also seen various C5 ads on Qantas flights.

Late night news, Qantas flights...see the connection

If you want to see these types of ads, think about what types of people can afford these vehicles and what would they be watching on TV

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Why only advertise the C5?

The C3 is an amazing family car (Small family, 2-3 kids) with a wealth of features for a great price.

If they'd advertise the C3 more, they'd definetly sell quite a few.

You get the feeling they're kinda ignoring the Australian market or happy with the current slow pace.

Thread Information