Citroen C5 HDI with close to 1 mil km's
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Citroen C5 HDI with close to 1 mil km's

If anyone out there can understand Dutch then this youtube video is worth watching. The Dutch love Citroens, and have the largest DS car club in the world I believe.
    The video is about a C5 HDI with original engine getting close to 1 mil km's on the clock. Only replacements have been new gearbox at some stage and new turbo. A few other things like suspension ball joints but nothing major and the car still drives really well. A testimony to the engine but also citroen's hydractive suspension and general quality.
    Even the Volvo P1800 of Irv Gordon which he clocked 3 mil miles in had the engine rebuilt before it hit 1 mil km's and then especially rebuilt with the goal of guiness book of records in mind. He did manage 2.5 mil miles with that rebuild. Pretty amazing.
    The link to the C5 is just below.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoUaKdlX3RI

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by AntonD View Post
    The video is about a C5 HDI with original engine getting close to 1 mil km's on the clock.
    I would be happy for ours to do a quarter of that! How the vehicle is used can impact on longevity, eg long trips compared to many short ones. I know someone with a diesel Prado that has done 620k (mainly non-urban) and, apart from new water pump and general maintenance, is still going strong.

Unrelated issue: the service manual on a C5 only goes to $120k, so what do others do for a record of subsequent services?

Thread Information