C2 first hand opinions
  • Register
  • Help

Icon5 C2 first hand opinions

Has anyone test driven or bought a C2, ?

Is there a recent Aus magazine with a review on the C2?

Advertisement

Yes i'm interested aswell.. Looking to buy one.. But i only drive Auto, so i'm really interested in a review on the sensodrive.

i know that when wheels magazine they are testing it in their Bang For Your Bucks (BFYB) competition. i dont thik that is till about august though. Consumer awareness and publicity is what is going to kill this car if anything does. knowone knows about it... shame really!

Icon14 C2 launch date is August

From my interest in the car I have found that the C2 is not due to be officially released till August. It appears that the car we got were a gap in the prouction line or a suck it and see.
    I have good friend a wheels and they were not, untill I toldhim, aware the cars were even here.
    The one thing i am aware of the Jurno's dont like the senso drive . Shame the car is only available throughtout the world with this Box . I didnt include the limited 2,500 C2 GT in the UK.
    I have a feeling that a maketing person from an IT department is running the sales as they are trying to recoupe the cost of development of the Tech expendidure and release the Manual latter.
    And latter still the 2 Ltr rumours but I like the sound of it.
    They did a similar but different reasons for the 205. Clio 206 etc.
    The best will be last and buy that time there will be some thing better sigh!
    Great car Just cant wait till the manual
    PS dont try and geta test drive till demos are available its by it or go away sales at this point unless you live in Canberra Gulsons have a Black demo

Yes I have driven the C2 VTR.

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/sho...319#post107319

In short it's a nice car to drive, nicely equipped for the price. Sensodrive is ok but needs a bit of work in my opinion, but I think you really need to drive it yourself to see if you like it or not.

Troy.

hehe a 2ltr would be great, the more power the better. Dunno if a 1.6L will suffice in a C2 VTR.

Continental cars seem to have a black demo and i think a yellow one aswell. They have a yellow and grey one for sale here: http://www.tradingpost.com.au/hotlis...ng=&optLetter=

So these aren't the real thing?

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by TroyO
    Yes I have driven the C2 VTR.
    Yep I took the same one for a spin ... it's larger inside then you think ... quirky looking and while no speeding bullet ... not a slug either, the sensa drive is better in the C2 then C3 but takes time to get used to ... corners very well. Worth the $25K for a VTR ... mmmm not so sure.

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

I sat in a yellow one at Continental Cars while picking up my Berlingo.

It was very "funky" inside (in a good way) & I was surprised at the room, esp head room. My head touches the roof in a 205 but C2 there's a 100mm gap
    I didn't drive it but I did grab a brochure & price list to give to my mother inlaw.

From this brochure & my description, she is pretty set in purchasing one (unseen, undriven) as soon as stock arrives.

I'm trying to convince her to get to a dealer (she is in Tamworth, no dealer for 350k's) to at least view the thing in the flesh.
    I didn't recommend the C2 to her. She likes the looks & features fro the brochure alone.

Citroen don't have any stock until the end of June. Seems that you can't buy a new Cit at the moment - dealers not happy at all.

Default A C2 owner

Well, here's a C2 owner - traded in a 2000 206GTI with 40K ks on the clock two months ago, and I'm not sure I did the right thing!

The car's silver and is cute as a button, handles well but not like a 206, the ride is hard with the low profile michelins, I can't get the seat to be comfortable, and then there's the Sensodrive. The dealer (John Cant but now Brisbane Citroen) said it would take 200km to get used to it - I've done 1600km and I'm still waiting for the logic to be logical! I'd read that they had removed the bugs that were supposed to be in the C3 version, but I'm waiting to be convinced. I guess like any good cit, it will grow on me!

I'm not new to cits having previously owned a GSA and a BX wagon, so do understand some of the curiosities of the marque.

And it is cute!

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by ucc2
    Well, here's a C2 owner - traded in a 2000 206GTI with 40K ks on the clock two months ago, and I'm not sure I did the right thing!
    Welcome to

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

Welcome to AF ucc2,

Make sure you bring the C2 to the french car day this year!!

Dave

Thanks for your info ucc2, & again to

It would be nice if we weren't force fed the sensodrive & could have a manual option (just to be different ).
    This is why I need her to drive it before thinking of purchase even though it's a step in the right direction getting out of a Volvo.

I may have some questions for you from her shortly

Quote Originally Posted by ucc2

The car's silver and is cute as a button, handles well but not like a 206, the ride is hard with the low profile michelins, I can't get the seat to be comfortable, and then there's the Sensodrive. The dealer (John Cant but now Brisbane Citroen) said it would take 200km to get used to it - I've done 1600km and I'm still waiting for the logic to be logical! I'd read that they had removed the bugs that were supposed to be in the C3 version, but I'm waiting to be convinced. I guess like any good cit, it will grow on me!

I'm not new to cits having previously owned a GSA and a BX wagon, so do understand some of the curiosities of the marque.

And it is cute!

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    Worth the $25K for a VTR ... mmmm not so sure.

- XTC206 -
    Well it's similarly priced to the 206 XT. Similar equipment levels, 206 has more room, but C2 has alloys, side airbags and climate control. Then again maybe a bit small for the price. And the Xsara VTR is going for $19990 plus onroad costs. More space and a manual, but not all of the features of the C2.

Troy.

hehe i see another person who bought from Continental cars, must say, the best experience i've had with any dealer. Bill & Greg are great people, excellent customer service. Will be buying another Citroen (probably two, C3 Pluriel and a C2) from them soon!

They must sell heaps of Berlingo's, whenever i'm there the workshop is full of them!

In regards to the stock, isn't it normal to wait 3-4 weeks for it to come from France?

Quote Originally Posted by gibgib
    I sat in a yellow one at Continental Cars while picking up my Berlingo.

It was very "funky" inside (in a good way) & I was surprised at the room, esp head room. My head touches the roof in a 205 but C2 there's a 100mm gap
    I didn't drive it but I did grab a brochure & price list to give to my mother inlaw.

From this brochure & my description, she is pretty set in purchasing one (unseen, undriven) as soon as stock arrives.

I'm trying to convince her to get to a dealer (she is in Tamworth, no dealer for 350k's) to at least view the thing in the flesh.
    I didn't recommend the C2 to her. She likes the looks & features fro the brochure alone.

Citroen don't have any stock until the end of June. Seems that you can't buy a new Cit at the moment - dealers not happy at all.
    Last edited by Uga Boga; 3rd June 2004 at 01:00 AM.

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by Uga Boga
    In regards to the stock, isn't it normal to wait 3-4 weeks for it to come from France?
    mmmm ... some of us (me) have waited 5-6 months for Peugeots (current models that is) ... cause they make cars in batches (to satify different markets) if you want a particular colour or something then the wait can be longer.

3/4 weeks "on the boat" is a different story, or are talking from the time you place the order ?

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

Icon1

Yes welcome to aussiefrogs. The C2 I think is slightly overpriced for the car it is, but I like it a lot however. Its a great design. A car that as bill and greg bunting have said takes some getting used to. They advised me it wont be the bread winner car.
    That is the C3 they told me and the berlingo. They are really good guys there i have never met a better car dealership.
    If people want manuals in the C2 Id keep hassling ateco about it....email them call them, they have to get the hint but remember in France they are trying to "ween" the french off manuals for when better fuel grades come through....

hehe. I think i'll wait for the C3 Pluriel according to Bill it will be available by the end of the year.

But yes, i noticed they mostly sell C3's/Berlingo's. C3 has great pricing for the amount of features it comes with.

I'm not sure about the C2 being overpriced, its quite a feature packed car, especially comparing to other European cars (In its range), it could be underpriced. Maybe under powered too

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    Yes welcome to aussiefrogs. The C2 I think is slightly overpriced for the car it is, but I like it a lot however. Its a great design. A car that as bill and greg bunting have said takes some getting used to. They advised me it wont be the bread winner car.
    That is the C3 they told me and the berlingo. They are really good guys there i have never met a better car dealership.
    If people want manuals in the C2 Id keep hassling ateco about it....email them call them, they have to get the hint but remember in France they are trying to "ween" the french off manuals for when better fuel grades come through....

Me and a buddy took a C2 VTR out for a test drive from Rick Dimilians and it wasnt too bad. Pretty zippy little car, didnt handle as good as the 16 valve but then again what do you expect!

Not a bad car i didnt mind it. Would recomend it for my mum but she just got a Toyota Echo

Now i just gotta convince the old man to get a C5 for his next company car on state contract!
    1989 BX 16 Valve Mk1 - SOLD (And Missed)
    http://www.bx16v.cjb.net
    1992 R32 GTSt Skyline

Whatever you do, make sure he doesn't get one from Rick Damelian . Go with Continental cars (highly recommended by me and others on this forum).

www.citroencentre.com.au -> not far away maybe 20km's or so.

Last time i was at Damelian's they didn't have a C2 (5 or so weeks ago).

Thread Information