CX Progress (some)
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default CX Progress (some)

Finally had some time to spend playing around with the CX

With some good advice from everyone on here, went through every electrical connection in the car, cleaning 40 years of gunk out of all of them. This has woken up many of the ancillary bits and pieces (temp gauge/highbeam now works, as do all the interior and courtesy lights)

As this didn't solve my lack of gauge lights, managed to dismantle and bypass some damaged sections of the flexible circuit board, and now I can see my rpm AND speed

After an afternoon of being satisfied with progress, I've been rewarded with a new challenge - driveshaft seals into the Cmatic have now started leaving a nice puddle on the floor. Next job..

Advertisement

Incidentally, I heard the CX described as a 'disco spaceship' the other day, definitely not something that can describe many current cars!

20190426_110845.jpg20190425_115636.jpg

Incidentally, I heard the CX described as a 'disco spaceship' the other day, definitely not something that can describe many current cars!
    IMO a C4 Grand Picasso comes close

JBN

I love the first photo of the CX dash. Still the sanest dash display of any car. Everything at the finger tips. Backlit speedo with the answer rather than the menu and the ~17 warning lights/indicators along the top but shaded by the top of the console so all are visible in daylight and at night.

John

Tadpole

Can't wait to actually drive it on the road and try it. It's definitely a change from the Italian approach to dashes - where the only thing to fall easily to hand is the ashtray

Citroen definitely deserves credit for still producing products with a heartbeat robmac, even if they did give up on the oleo suspension

Thread Information