Cruise control on 2002 C5
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Cruise control on 2002 C5

Hello again Forum,

Forgive my ignorance, but how do you use the cruise control on a C5 2002 ? I have done a google search and haven't had any luck with it.

Thank you

Michael

Advertisement

I couldnít be bothered typing so I googled it 2nd link down
    ó-
    The control switch is at the left side under the steering wheel and has a slide switch to select cruise or limit, an end button and 2 side buttons.
    To use cruise, slide to the cruise position and when travelling at the desired speed press one of the side buttons. The selected speed is displayed on the speedo panel (your car may be different). The accelerator can then be released and the car will maintain the set speed.
    To adjust the control speed whilst in use, the top side button increases it and the bottom side button decreases it - each press adjusting by about 1 mph and a continuous press by 3 mph.
    Cruise is disengaged when using the brake or clutch pedal, if the gear lever is in neutral or if the end button is pressed.
    Cruise can be reactivated by pressing the end button or if a different speed is wanted by pressing a side button when at the desired speed.
    To switch off cruise, slide the switch to the O position or stop the engine.ó-

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by BunyaMike;161422is the
    Hello again Forum,

Forgive my ignorance, but how do you use the cruise control on a C5 2002 ? I have done a google search and haven't had any luck with it.

Thank you

Michael
    On the left hand stalk you will find that that is the cruise control.

Pressing/ activating the top button will activate criise control to monitor your speed at the time activated. Press agsin and your speed is increased some 1.5 (?) Kms, pressing the lower button will decrease your speed by a similar amount.
    Pushing the stalk down will turn off cruise control.
    Braking will also switch off cruise control. Upon braking, it will be reactivated by pressing the top button.
    Changing gears will not switch off cruise control.
    Regretfully, I am not aware of any indication on the dash that cruise control has been activated.
    John

Tadpole

Thank you John, excellent summary.

Thread Information