Citroen C5 X7 permanent live Dash Cam
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dmccurtayne

Thread: Citroen C5 X7 permanent live Dash Cam

Icon3 Citroen C5 X7 permanent live Dash Cam

One for the brains trust. . .

I'm installing a Garmin 55 Dash Cam with Parking mode kit.

The Garmin hard wire kit requires a Switched positive, a Permanent positive and a ground. I'll be using Fuse taps i.e. remove fuse fit tap replace original fuse in the tap and piggy back a 2amp fuse for the camera.
    https://www.jaycar.com.au/double-min...e-tap/p/SF5125
    These are available as ATO and Mini.

The magic black box with the Garmin kit recognises when it has ignition on and off switching between switched+ or permanent+ for park mode. It also has the ability to cut power when in park mode after a set time or battery is below a set voltage.

So, question, I've no problem finding a 'switched positive' in the glovebox fuse box. The problem is finding a 'permanent positive' that is not terminated by the BSI after 30 minutes (economy mode).

Reading on the French Car Forum it is suggested G37 is permanent+ and not controlled by the BSI? The fuse covers 'Heated Front Seats' - I can't believe this fuse would allow the heated seats to be active with the car unattended (unless the heating requires a bum on seat?)
    https://frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v...ic.php?t=56750

Any thoughts? I should add, I prefer to hardwire over accessory socket (no park mode) as I hate wires hanging around.

Thanks in advance. . .

Advertisement

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Pin 16 diag socket that’s what we used to hook genuine aftermarket accessories to at the request of psa

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

Quote Originally Posted by dmccurtayne View Post
    Pin 16 diag socket that’s what we used to hook genuine aftermarket accessories to at the request of psa

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Ahhh, I like that. . .
    I've discovered a third set of fuses 'Fusebox B' to confuse things Citroen also name these fuses G36-40 with G37 10amp covering the live positive to pin 16 on the diag socket and DLR lights.

OK to put a tap here for permanent+ ?

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Yes to confirm we would fit genuine accessories to this feed at the direction of psa and peugeot and Citroen aust

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    GreenBlood likes this.

Thread Information