• Register
  • Help
Like Tree12Likes
  • 10 Post By Harvey
  • 2 Post By Jinandfonic

Thread: Funeral of Harvey Riddle Snr. - 10 May 2019

Default Funeral of Harvey Riddle Snr. - 10 May 2019

Hello fellow froggers,

My dad, Harvey Riddle Snr., died on Friday 03 May 2019.

His affair with Citroen cars and friendships with fellow owners began in about 1975 with his lime green with red upholstery '69 DS20 Pallas Hydraulique, replacing his '67 Fairlane. I've never seen a picture of the DS, but Mum remembers it well from when they lived in Wagga Wagga and Canberra.

A year or three later, a light grey '76 CX2200 Pallas took the DS's place, the car that my two older brothers and older sister and I all grew up with (alongside the 'van' - light blue '73 VW Kombi camper). I think Dad's snazzy attire stepping out of the driver's seat was generally one of his safari suit jacket and trouser sets :)

Dad had had enough of the CX by 1988, and went to the other automotive extreme - Toyota. They were very important family cars for us too though. Actually, my primary pocket money source was from washing and vacuuming Dad's Celica. Needless to say, Dad's car was kept cleeee-eeee--eeean !

But Dad let me find his Citroen brochures before I got my licence and although he'd already given me the Kombi to try to fix up, there was another car I really wanted for my first. So on Friday 05 December 1997 after a few days car-shopping together, Dad bought me a '77 CX2400 Pallas from Steeley in Maleny. A couple of years later Dad also got me a job with Ian (Dad knew I'd learn how to fix Citroens there!).

December 2003, I then convinced Dad to buy back his original '76 CX for us to bring it back to it's former glory together. Then in late 2011, Dad got himself his next Citroen, a '97 Xantia Image in maroon, one of his favourite colours. He was looking at a CX on my behalf and the Xantia was there too.......

A series of Xantias followed, alongside more Toyotas and Lexuses. Dad's last Citroen was his light grey C6 Exclusive. He bought it only a month or two after the last Lexus......and me saying I'd have a C6 'in a heartbeat'.....

Dad had many love-hate relationships and on-off-on again passions in his life, Citroens being just one of them. What I know did endure though, was the memories and connection he had with fellow Citroen enthusiasts from across the last 40-odd years and at least the QLD, NSW and ACT Citroen clubs (if not others). I know that as I've heard his stories, more than once.... Lsuch as when he lost the keys to his friends' CX in the snow, hitchhiking back to their place to retrieve the spare set, borrowing the neighbour's Volvo to return to the snowfields. One of many stories......

Me being his namesake, has also caught the attention of some of his old friends at club events, even those that haven't seen him in decades but remember him fondly and have maybe been in contact with him more recently.

So, I extend the invitation to those who appreciated having Harvey Riddle Snr. in their life to attend his funeral service, on Friday 10 May 2019 on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland.

If this interests you, please PM me and I will provide you with the other details.

Thanks for reading,
    Harvey Riddle Jnr.

Advertisement

1.jpg2.jpg
    Harvey.

Currently: Xantia SX wagon, C4 Exclusive, CX2200 Pallas, Xantia Activa, BMW K75C.
    Previously: Daihatsu Sirion, Xantia Activa (the other one), Suzuki Alto, Xantia SX wagon (the other one), CX GTi, Xantia VSX CT Turbo, Honda CB250T, CX2400 Pallas.

Thatís a photo of the best all round CitroŽnís models ever Harvey. Your dad will always have very clever taste. Our deepest sympathy from all of us in the CitroŽn Car Club of Queensland 😔 Adrian CCCQ VP
    Duffster and Ken W like this.
    Citroen C5 II manual '05; C4 Exculsive '07; Citroen CX2200 Pallas '76; CX2400 C-matic Pallas '78

Thank you Adrian and my CCCQ friends. Dad's C6 will have pride of place at the service, where it belongs. The CX is off the road at the moment, but not for much longer ��,
    Harvey.

Currently: Xantia SX wagon, C4 Exclusive, CX2200 Pallas, Xantia Activa, BMW K75C.
    Previously: Daihatsu Sirion, Xantia Activa (the other one), Suzuki Alto, Xantia SX wagon (the other one), CX GTi, Xantia VSX CT Turbo, Honda CB250T, CX2400 Pallas.

Thank you for your memories.

My condolences for your loss.

Curtis

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Sorry for your lose Harvey, I enjoyed the short time I met your dad, and him caring for my C6. My condolences for your loss
    2016 Cactus
    2003 Range rover l322
    1974 D special
    1971 D special
    1992 CX TGE Safari
    1961 ID19
    1972 DS21 Safari
    1965 Renault R4
    1923 Citroen B2
    1927 B14
    Massey ferguson 550

Thread Information