• Register
  • Help
Like Tree10Likes
  • 8 Post By Nigel
  • 2 Post By DrXantia

Thread: my DrXantia order has arrived

Tadpole

Default my DrXantia order has arrived

An order I placed with the new DrXantia site in Turkey has arrived today: a LHM return harness, and a couple of connectors, for a series II Xantia.

Quality looks to be very good. I haven't yet fitted the harness, but it looks to be well made and thoughtfully improved. I knew that it wasn't likely to be a direct replacement for the no-longer-available factory part, but it is readily modified if necessary. Hose diameters are all correct, as far as I can tell, and it even comes with the original style ear clamps. No manufacturing date, but it looks and feels fresh and supple.

Delivery took about a month once payments had been sorted out. It was posted by DrXantia nearly immediately, but only arrived on Australian shores late last week. Clearing customs and delivery by Australia Post took just a few days.

As I understand it, DrXantia is in the early stages of building his business. Some judicious Google research had me reasonably confident the vendor was both experienced and genuine.

Payment wasn't straightforward. PayPal is no longer available in Turkey, and the payment through my bank to the Paysera platform was blocked and the money returned. The only other viable option we could find was a Western Union transfer - a personal transfer. Given our conversations and my research, I elected to take the risk. Anyone following needs to make that decision themselves.

And I'm now holding in my hands a newly manufactured harness that for some years has been unobtainable. Looks to be good, affordable, and might just keep an otherwise good car on the road.

Advertisement

I'm happy, and really pleased to see someone supporting these cars long after the factory.
    Last edited by Nigel; 2nd May 2019 at 07:19 PM.

Hey Nigel did you enquire about the direct bank transfer method? There'd be a fee of course but given the value already presented worth the plunge.

I'm thinking of ordering some bits for a series 1 and mucking around to adjust any irregularities, I sold the original harnesses I had because I thought I'd never get round to replacing and been just patching bung rubber along the way. Tearing some stuff out and replacing properly would keep the old girl going and even though it regularly misbehaves a xantia is after 20 years still a damn nice car.

Tadpole

I did try, and the bank had issues with that transaction too.

Hello everyone.
    I have found a quick and favorable solution after my further research.
    Over 200 countries UPT system is used. this is similar to Western Union but even more favorable.
    For those who want to shop can now use this way.
    https://www.upt.com.tr/en/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    An order I placed with the new DrXantia site in Turkey has arrived today: a LHM return harness, and a couple of connectors, for a series II Xantia.

Quality looks to be very good. I haven't yet fitted the harness, but it looks to be well made and thoughtfully improved. I knew that it wasn't likely to be a direct replacement for the no-longer-available factory part, but it is readily modified if necessary. Hose diameters are all correct, as far as I can tell, and it even comes with the original style ear clamps. No manufacturing date, but it looks and feels fresh and supple.

Delivery took about a month once payments had been sorted out. It was posted by DrXantia nearly immediately, but only arrived on Australian shores late last week. Clearing customs and delivery by Australia Post took just a few days.

As I understand it, DrXantia is in the early stages of building his business. Some judicious Google research had me reasonably confident the vendor was both experienced and genuine.

Payment wasn't straightforward. PayPal is no longer available in Turkey, and the payment through my bank to the Paysera platform was blocked and the money returned. The only other viable option we could find was a Western Union transfer - a personal transfer. Given our conversations and my research, I elected to take the risk. Anyone following needs to make that decision themselves.

And I'm now holding in my hands a newly manufactured harness that for some years has been unobtainable. Looks to be good, affordable, and might just keep an otherwise good car on the road.

I'm happy, and really pleased to see someone supporting these cars long after the factory.

I'm really sorry for the delay, but unfortunately, when everyone doesn't do their job properly, there are such delays.
    Which, however, has been delayed in your shipment, but it is important for us to reach you.
    We hope your satisfaction about the product will be continuous.
    The most important thing for me is that you trust me and our products.
    I will try to be worthy of this trust as much as I can.
    Stuey and KimHowe like this.

Thread Information