• Help
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By DoubleChevron
  • 1 Post By rmac

Thread: Value of DS21

Fellow Frogger!

Default Value of DS21

Hi

I'm not in the market unless I win the lottery but I'd like to know what a good running DS21 is worth?

Advertisement

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

$8000 -> $258,000 would be my guess. Depending on condition and type.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

The main determinant is what each car is offering. There are cars that are mechanically sound that may be a bit cosmetically challenged going for a similar price to a cosmetically sound car that may have mechanical 'issues' - or need some mantling. To bring cars in either condition up to matching standards will bring them into the high 30's into the 40's - it all depends on what you want to achieve.

After the loss of my DS21 BVH all I could find was a DS 23 BVA under 'restoration' which I consider will cost me anywhere between $15 - 30,000 to complete to a reasonable standard. It was all my insurance payout would enable me to buy. It all depends on what I'm prepared to spend and accept!

There was a good DS21 BVH available at $50,000 but was too far outside my budget. More recently a BVH was listed at $79,000! I know of a long parked DS21 BVH but although mechanically sound (when parked in shed) it would require a full repaint, rejuvenated hydraulics plus new interior and replacement trim. Not a job for the faint hearted or financially challenged!
    forumnoreason likes this.
    Current Cars
    Australia's 2016 C5 2.0HDi Last
    2011 C5 2.0HDi Comfort
    1973 Citroen D Super 5,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400 Pallas C-matic,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400ie Super Familiale C-matic - Raid Arctique 2014
    1991 Mazda E2200
    1924 Citroen 'la petit citron'

one of the members here recently sold a BVH for around $35K which if you are into the best D's (in my humble opinion) is what you might expect to pay. It all depends on the overall condition, you'd expect a pretty solid and reliable car ( and most importantly without too many flaws and maintaining parts correct for the model) for that figure. But remember an elderly vehicle will always have something ready to break and especially a D because there are many many parts to fail. So having cash in reserve for inevitable servicing and parts is part of the math and that should scare some people with the reality of properly maintaining an old classic. Given the rising value of many classics expect to pay more as time goes on. Just look at what Alfa prices are these days, they've gone through the roof.

Fellow Frogger!

I'm in the UK so not familiar with the Aussiefrogs market, but it will all depend on what 'good' is taken to mean and what "DS21" is taken to mean. As Mac says - you can have 'good' structurally but not mechanically and vice versa. Also, one persons 'good' is another persons 'poor' or 'immaculate'. Oh, and 'good' doers not necessarily equate with 'reliable' and 'low maintenance'!

There are also several DS variants that have the 2175cc '21' engine - but the spec of these cars can vary. Also people swap engines and trim details like it's Christmas - so price (or value to the buyer) can depend on originality.
    1968 DS21bvh Pallas in Gris Palladium

Restoration blog: https://ds-restoration.blogspot.co.uk

The Judith Durham car sold at Shannons on Monday night for $40000.
    '04 Megane
    Gone but not forgotten
    '71 16 TS, '72 16 TL, '74 15TS,'82 20TS Series 2, '85 25 GTX. '49 L15,

Fellow Frogger! Bruce Llewellyn's Avatar

Worth or cost? I got mine for the cost of hauling it away - but it's going to be worth several hundred hours of my time when it's back on the road!

Fellow Frogger! Bruce Llewellyn's Avatar

And it's not the one in the picture!

Fellow Frogger!

I think that was something of a bargain. It is a top model which appears to have had a quality restoration, carpets excepted.
    Don
    Quote Originally Posted by Trading Estate View Post
    The Judith Durham car sold at Shannons on Monday night for $40000.
    Last edited by tresbon2; 3rd May 2019 at 06:02 PM. Reason: word missing
    Citroen DS21 Pallas 1970 Renault 16TS 1976 Renault 5TS 1981

Thread Information