2cv / dyane athermic windscreen
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By JBN

Thread: 2cv / dyane athermic windscreen

Default 2cv / dyane athermic windscreen

After all the fun of getting the windscreen wipers working, I've moved onto replacing a thoroughly chipped and sand blasted windscreen.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get athermic (is that the word?) glass to cut a new windscreen from?

Cheers,
    Andrew

Advertisement

Driving - '90 XM, '85 CX IE Auto, 406 Coupe, 405 srdt wagon, '78 dyane, Resting (or Rusting): '73 Birotor '82 CX Presitige, '81 CX Break IE, GS X2, GS1015 Wagon, GS 1300 5sp Wagon, '76 GS 1220 Wagon, '75 GS Wagon, '58 2CV, '58 Vauxhall Velox

JBN

I don't know what "athermic" means, but I have had a 2CV windscreen cut to size by O'Briens. I don't remember if I took an old windscreen for the pattern or a new rubber surround, but the result has been on Daffyduck for the past ten years.

John

Quote Originally Posted by JBN View Post
    I don't know what "athermic" means, but I have had a 2CV windscreen cut to size by O'Briens. I don't remember if I took an old windscreen for the pattern or a new rubber surround, but the result has been on Daffyduck for the past ten years.

John
    Hi John,

Athermic glass blocks a lot of the heat coming in. I am getting intermittent but persistent noises from the passenger seat on very hot days...

Cheers,
    Andrew

Driving - '90 XM, '85 CX IE Auto, 406 Coupe, 405 srdt wagon, '78 dyane, Resting (or Rusting): '73 Birotor '82 CX Presitige, '81 CX Break IE, GS X2, GS1015 Wagon, GS 1300 5sp Wagon, '76 GS 1220 Wagon, '75 GS Wagon, '58 2CV, '58 Vauxhall Velox

JBN

Turn on the aircon.

Seriously, they couldn't have made the windscreen on a 2CV any smaller. Nor could they have made it more vertical. I suggest they let the side window flap, it lets in pleasant gusts of cooler air.

If all else fails, drive them hard like they should be driven and you won't get a peep out of your passengers. The thought of imminent death usually puts minor inconveniences into perspective.

John
    COL and cjl like this.

Thread Information