• Help
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By tonyfelix
  • 2 Post By diesel pete
  • 2 Post By JBN

Thread: C5 Aircross launches in Australia starting at $39,990

Default C5 Aircross launches in Australia starting at $39,990

https://m.drive.com.au/news/well-pri...-reboot-121188

This definitely seems more attractively priced than the C3 Aircross.

Advertisement
    Motorgnome and iLaguna like this.

Other salient point from the article:

The facelifted C4 Cactus won’t be coming to Australia because the new model’s significantly increased equipment level (with the same seating and suspension trickery as the C5 Aircross) meant its price would’ve approached $40,000. The Berlingo van will also die, though Citroen hasn’t ruled out the possibility of importing limited numbers of the chic new-generation Berlingo Multispace, or even the larger Citroen Spacetourer MPV seeing they could add an interesting twist to the revamped line-up.
    Disappointing not to see the new Cactus, I would seriously have considered that. Although to be fair, I would prefer to consider the C5 Aircross, and I’m not going to be buying two new cars next year!!!

Also note that the C3 gets a price bump back up to $26,990 (really?!) but gains AEB finally - and lane departure and keyless entry. And 16” alloys instead of the previous 17”.
    Last edited by tonyfelix; 17th April 2019 at 06:49 PM.

Thanks for the link.

So no more C4 Cactus or Berlingo, a price jump for the upgraded C3, an expensive C3 Aircross, a nicely priced C5 Aircross and maybe, just maybe they'll import a Berlingo Multispace and a C4 Spacetourer.

I really want to see Citroen do well, but PCA makes it very difficult with some of the decisions they're making.
    2016 Holden Astra RS-V 1.6L Turbo Manual Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive

2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Past Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    1995 Renault 19 Alize 1.8L Manual Sedan - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive

Interesting positioning of the car and limitation of models and options. Time will tell if it works.

And the Berlingo is killed off - hasn't it been Citroen's biggest seller for some time?

Anyway, it's good to see that Continental Cars gets a mention in the article.
    UFO and iLaguna like this.

JBN

Quote Originally Posted by diesel pete View Post
    Interesting positioning of the car and limitation of models and options. Time will tell if it works.

And the Berlingo is killed off - hasn't it been Citroen's biggest seller for some time?

I think they were mentioned in the context "If all else fails, see the experts who know".

John
    diesel pete and UFO like this.

1000+ Posts

I see the CitroŽn range as a direct competitor on price to the Mazda3 and CX5 FWD range.
    Neither are competing in the cheap stakes now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

UFO

It's good to see that Continental Cars are being brought back into the fold. They are THE experts in Sydney. HOORAY!
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

The Drive article says:
    “A Euro 6d-compliant 132kW engine tune with new eight-speed automatic offered in Europe was rejected due to cost reasons.”

Citroen AU website says:
    “New CitroŽn C5 Aircross SUV will be offered with an efficient and powerful Euro 6.2 engine combined with the 8-speed automatic gearbox.”
    Stephen
    '03 P406 HDI
    '16 Renault Master

1000+ Posts

Recently Continental has had access to cheaper parts. Back in the fold presumably means back to Citroen branded at dealer prices.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    Recently Continental has had access to cheaper parts. Back in the fold presumably means back to Citroen branded at dealer prices.
    I guess other franchises are demanding adherence to a single rule for all otherwise itís called going rogue which doesnít usually last.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel pete View Post

Yeah, they've killed off it's biggest selling vehicle for the brand in Australia! I read somewhere here, PSA are pushing Citroen up market (where does this leave the DS brand, China only?) and in Australia, so I'm guessing above Peugeot too, which seems odd and so killing off the LCV for Citroen is all part of their master plan? Peugeot will now be like Renault and Volkswagen where they sell passenger cars and SUV's and a range of LCV's too?

It got me thinking though, with this re-positioning of the Citroen brand in Australia, this has left room for Opel to move in underneath both Peugeot and Citroen in Australia.
    2016 Holden Astra RS-V 1.6L Turbo Manual Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive

2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Past Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    1995 Renault 19 Alize 1.8L Manual Sedan - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iLaguna View Post
    Yeah, they've killed off it's biggest selling vehicle for the brand in Australia! I read somewhere here, PSA are pushing Citroen up market (where does this leave the DS brand, China only?) and in Australia, so I'm guessing above Peugeot too, which seems odd and so killing off the LCV for Citroen is all part of their master plan? Peugeot will now be like Renault and Volkswagen where they sell passenger cars and SUV's and a range of LCV's too?

It got me thinking though, with this re-positioning of the Citroen brand in Australia, this has left room for Opel to move in underneath both Peugeot and Citroen in Australia.
    The diesel 3008 is quite a bit more expensive than the top petrol C5 Aircross so I wonder if they are going to be re-priced in that case?.

Thread Information