Sill trim for 68 safari
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Sill trim for 68 safari

This is my first time posting on Aussie frogs and very happy to be here. Iíve spent more than a few late nighters absorbed in meticulously documented Citroen ds restoration threads on this site. Itís much appreciated. Anyway, lve recently acquired a 1968 ds safari which has been largely restored accept for elements of the interior. Iím trying to find the trim for the big box sill sections including the grey mottled vinyl material that covers most of the sill, the rubber door seals and chrome strips and metallic looking trim you see when the doors are open. I realise I will probably have to purchase these as repro parts from Europe. Wondering which of these suppliers is best to deal with to get these sorts of things? Does the quality and originality differ from one to another? etc, etc. Is it indeed possible to get them here? Any advice on this would be very much appreciated, thanks....

Advertisement

Hello,

I believe the grey vinyl material you write about is actually linoleum and is used on all D's except those with Pallas trim. If I am correct that means all Safari's as they were not supplied in Pallas trim.

There is also a chequered silver vinyl trim stuck on below this material separated by a vinyl "tube"

All this can be purchased from De Franzose in Germany.(an elsewhere no doubt)
    I purchased other trim from them for my D Special (not the 2 items above ... the original material is still there all-be-it slightly tatty). I had no problems
    And it is not expensive

I do not know where you might buy it in Australia

Cheers
    Ian
    Blueduck (aka Ian Downie)
    1974 Citroen D Special with DS21i.e. engine and 5 speed gearbox
    MGB GT V8 B.... bullet--proof and great fun
    Jaguar e-type roadster ... on the way from US of A

Tadpole

Thanks for your response Blueduck,will check out De Franzose....

Fellow Frogger!

Franzose is OK, but my favourite suppliers are Citro Services SRI in Italy,
    ( all the workers there seem to be D owners and club members) and Citroen Classics in the UK , which is a Citroen D workshop as well as a parts supplier.
    Franzose is a parts supplier for many French models. I have had a few problems with them.
    There are a lot of D parts suppliers in the EU. I think the reproduction parts are much the same wherever they come from with a few exceptions.
    David.

Tadpole

Thanks David, will have a look at these as well....

Thread Information