CX 25 anti theft multi function display question
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By JBN

Thread: CX 25 anti theft multi function display question

Tadpole

Default CX 25 anti theft multi function display question

I have a new to me 86 CX25 Prestige. It has a multi-function display ant-theft combo keypad and display. The display is to the right of the engine temp. display. I don't have an owners manual and haven't been able to find one on the web that references what I have. So, I'm turning to the forum for help. In the attached pic is all I get out of the display and I don't know what it's trying to tell me. Any help as far as resetting the computer or instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Fred

Advertisement
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mistersooty View Post
    I have a new to me 86 CX25 Prestige. It has a multi-function display ant-theft combo keypad and display. The display is to the right of the engine temp. display. I don't have an owners manual and haven't been able to find one on the web that references what I have. So, I'm turning to the forum for help. In the attached pic is all I get out of the display and I don't know what it's trying to tell me. Any help as far as resetting the computer or instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Fred
    That isn't anti-theft. It is the trip computer. It actually works given it is currently saying "Opt".... so asking for setup. I though only CX2500 GTi Turbo 1 series 2 got that setup. Mine has all four displays, none of which have worked for more than 5minutes at a time (the quality of the LCD segments is woeful).

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

JBN

The double chevron badge works as a most effective anti-theft device. No setup is required.

John
    UFO and 505604 like this.

Tadpole

Over here the double chevron is a complete unknown. I've been asked, "Is that an older Insight or Crosstour?" a few times.

Back to my issue. Shane, do you know how to set-up the trip computer? I have no literature and internet searches have been fruitless. I also have four displays, only two work - engine temp, and the trip computer (in its own way). I'll get to the other two displays in due time.

Fred

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mistersooty View Post
    Over here the double chevron is a complete unknown. I've been asked, "Is that an older Insight or Crosstour?" a few times.

Back to my issue. Shane, do you know how to set-up the trip computer? I have no literature and internet searches have been fruitless. I also have four displays, only two work - engine temp, and the trip computer (in its own way). I'll get to the other two displays in due time.

Fred
    Yeah, its in my cars handbook. Is it scanned onto the CX CD's If it isn't I'll probably not be able to get around to it for another week or so.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Thread Information