• Register
  • Help
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By dmccurtayne
  • 1 Post By k eeles

Thread: C5 X7 fault displayed

Default C5 X7 fault displayed

Morning Citroenians

Yesterday when returning from an outing the car threw up a fault with the park brake, & then ABS ESP, I know that the rear brakes were getting close to a rotor & pad replacement, so I was speculating that it may be connected (bad pun I know) to this, if I get the brakes replaced will this fix all issues the faults have identified??

Advertisement

Thanks in advance for any help.

Did it occur when you were starting or driving along , pads shouldnít cause any problems like this , I would be thinking the battery is going.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time
    GreenBlood and UFO like this.

Fellow Frogger

The handbrake for X7 is on the rear wheels. There is an off-white plastic spacer on each side at the wheel end of the cables and they collapse in time. Maybe, have a look in case yours need replacing.

Thanks Guys

I have booked in for Wednesday for brakes as well as diagnostics of fault, will ask them to check for the plastic spacers.

Mate, please keep us posted...but I reckon dodgy battery is likely. I have an X7 and haven't struck this (well, any issue TBH) so it would be good to know! My brakes where worn and I had them replaced but no issue similar to what you have outlined, just the old school squeeling to t osay "time to change".

I will keep you posted.

I've had a couple of strange "problems" with my C% X7 and daughter's Renault Scenic. In both cases the battery was beginning to fail just before it threw the towel completely. Such as 'depollution system faulty'; ESP and some other strange message.

New heavy duty battery and no more messages. Kevin
    UFO likes this.

UFO

As others have implied - failing battery. If it was winter the car would start but run like an asthmatic dog until warmed up.

Weird warnings have been the indicator for two battery replacements on mine. If you think that's strange, you should see the Xmas lights show of an XM when the battery is near death!
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Just an update

The rear brakes & rotors have been replaced plus a brake harness & switch in the dash somewhere, which seems to have solved the issue, however on the day prior to taking in the car for repair the problem made itself scarce, indicating that the old harness was indeed starting to deteriorate.
    Thanks guys

Thread Information