Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By ajm212
  • 1 Post By GreenBlood
  • 1 Post By DrXantia
  • 2 Post By dimistyle
  • 1 Post By DrXantia

Thread: Dr Xantia - parts from Turkey

Default Dr Xantia - parts from Turkey

I just chanced on the Dr Xantia site. Apparently they're pretty new and say "Our aim is to respond to your needs and especially to prevent the shortage of parts experienced in our country and to avoid the high prices of the desired parts."

I don't know much about Xantiae, but it seems to have parts like the octopus that I gathered are difficult or impossible to find. When you realise that the prices quoted are in Turkish Lira (about four to our dollar), things seem amazingly cheap. Perhaps too good to be true, but it might be worth checking out.

Advertisement

Andrew
    Armidillo likes this.

JBN

Send them some money to buy an octopus. If you get it, terrific. If you get a squid - bummer. If you lose your money, you are in good company - mainly with punters using phone betting.

John

1000+ Posts

Great find - we certainly need to encourage them! Here's hoping that they are able to extend their range over time.

Now if only I could persuade them to provide replacement Activa rams, and parts for XMs as well as Xantiae!

Cheers

Alec

Fellow Frogger

Look potentially useful. 100 Turkish Lira converts to about A$27. The prices apparently include 1kg postage to the EU region, so it they will obviously add on some unknown sum for postage to The Antipodes. Some of those parts are still available from Citroen, but they are filling a few useful gaps.

the looms are series 2, I hope they start making series 1 also ASAP!

1000+ Posts

I am considering putting in an order to Dr. Xantia, but their only accepted methods of payment are:

*Paysera
    *Western Union (USD)
    *Western Union (EUR)

I am accustomed (and comfortable) with paying by either Paypal or Mastercard, but I'm not sure I even understand how these other options work - let alone which (if any) i should trust.

Any thoughts/experiences? I've already noted JBN's advice that I might get a squid (or more likely, nothing but a cloud of ink).

Cheers

Alec

Edit: I registered on their site, and received a confirmatory email, listing all the information I'd given them (name, email address etc.) including my password in plain text . Wish I'd used a unique password - can't find a way to change my password on their site either.
    Last edited by Armidillo; 3rd April 2019 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armidillo View Post
    I am considering putting in an order to Dr. Xantia, but their only accepted methods of payment are:

*Paysera
    *Western Union (USD)
    *Western Union (EUR)

I am accustomed (and comfortable) with paying by either Paypal or Mastercard, but I'm not sure I even understand how these other options work - let alone which (if any) i should trust.

Any thoughts/experiences? I've already noted JBN's advice that I might get a squid (or more likely, nothing but a cloud of ink).

Cheers

Alec

Edit: I registered on their site, and received a confirmatory email, listing all the information I'd given them (name, email address etc.) including my password in plain text . Wish I'd used a unique password - can't find a way to change my password on their site either.
    I have just approved DrXantia as a new member here, hopefully you can get some direct answers from him via the forum.

Cheers
    Chris
    JohnW likes this.
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Hello everyone, so here is the Dr Xantia
    I tried to open a theme but thanks for doing that for me

My name is Gürbüz and what you read in my website is correct. The prices are currently favorable my decision is the manufacturer and I connect providers for their problems.
    Today I have a package to Australia looked.
    In the payment condition are only the options what you see. Unfortunately at the time only.
    I got the payment from Australia via Western Union that was the only solution.
    You can rely on me. If you order something and pay for it you will get your product 100%.
    You can always ask your questions via my web page or from here or my telefon nummer.( Please do not forget the time difference)
    I will try to give you the right support.
    Yours sincerely.

I found them via Goodle analytic
    jaahn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Armidillo View Post

*Paysera
    *Western Union (USD)
    *Western Union (EUR)

Cheers

Alec

I have checked your account.
    Maybe you have not accepted your activation mail.
    Please look at your mail if you still have a problem please contact me i will take care of it.

Welcone Dr Xantia,
    As Alec has mentioned many interested buyers in Australia have no trust in Western Union transfers as this is not a common payment method but we understand that small businesses can not afford the usual credit card and Paypal fees.
    Thanks for joining the forum so that buyers can ask questions directly.

teşekkür ederim

Dimi

Sent from my SM-G900I using aussiefrogs mobile app
    David S and DrXantia like this.

1000+ Posts

OK - my experiences so far...

Dr Xantia can only receive money via Western Union or Paysera. Suggest you sort this out before trying to create an account with Dr Xantia - there's little reason to have a Dr Xantia account unless you are doing more than window shopping!

I have gone with Western Union, as I have at least heard of them (even if not all good). First attempt failed for unknown reason - msg was "try again later", so I did and all was well. As soon as account was created I was instantly logged in and taken to a money transfer page, which invited me to transfer $1,000 to India. Presumably this reflects the most common use of Western Union from Australia!

Western Union invites me to use Poli (another set of paws wanting their transaction fee no doubt) or my credit card. Using Poli allows for direct extraction of money from my bank account. I suppose I should be pleased that Western Union doesn't seem able to do this themselves! I will almost certainly use credit card - I get the benefit of free credit for a few weeks, and some chance of getting my money back if scammed.

Now the interesting bit - creating the Dr Xantia account. This site seems to be developing rapidly. Today there is a pop-up inviting me to chat which I didn't see yesterday. The initial message is in Turkish, but I typed that I only spoke English, and someone replied in English. I have also just spotted a button to change displayed prices from Turkish Lira to EUR or USD, which I swear wasn't there yesterday!

There was no Register/Logon button on the Home page - only on the 'Cart' page (didn't work) or the Forum page. I pointed this out, and it has already been fixed. I have found the website a bit incomplete/buggy, as several times I have encountered '403' or '404' error messages generated by their site, indicating that the option I selected doesn't work (yet).

When you create an account, it is not instantly useable. They send you an email, with a button that you must click to activate your account. This button doesn't appear to do much - just launches their web page, but if you then try to log in, it should work. Note that the email that they send you contains all the information that you entered while registering, including your password in plain text. This means of course that the operators of the website can read your password, and anyone (or any bot) looking at your email (eg. at any mail server that your email passes through on it's journey from Turkey to Australia) can harvest your email address and the password you supplied. So no point using a high strength password (their site does not require it) - obviously don't use the password that you also use for online banking, share trading etc... .

Will update as more experience is gained. With things like LHM tank seals available for $2 (US), and front strut return pipes for $5, it seems worth a trial shipment!

Cheers

Alec

PS - have just made a wonderful discovery on eBay:https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CITROEN-...UAAOSw7PpclLlg

A hydraulic Xsara - whatever will Citroen (or at least the Bulgarians) think of next!! Worth noting that while the Bulgarians want $184 (AUD), Dr Xantia is only asking $39 (USD) for a similar looking octopus!

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by DrXantia
    Hello Dimi,
    Thank you for the nice welcome.
    I would of course find a better solution for you but unfortunately the laws in Turkey change is not my thing.
    I've been researching for a long time and wanted a solution so everyone can trust me. Unfortunately that was the most possible.
    I could already find a way for the credit card payment option. But believe me it will then come a lot of legal costs on it and in this condition it will be for you no more advantage.
    DrXantia,
    At the request of one of our members, I have removed part of your reply because it potentially contained sensitive information.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Fellow Frogger!

Bought parts one time from China through Western Union and I thought they were a bit too expensive for my blood and, you have to make sure the transaction form is filled in correctly or you may only get that bottle of ink to lodge a claim.
    A while ago a friend sent $2ks to family in Lisbon or so he thought [with his wife waiting there at the local office]. But it went to someplace called Brisbon. Imagine trying to sort that lot out. Didn't ask how he got on when the wife came home. I'll stick to Paypal. Cheers.

1000+ Posts

Next little hurdle:

It's now 3:00am in Turkey, so I'm not expecting a quick response to my enquiries.

When you complete your order (having chosen Western Union), the Dr Xantia website sends out a confirming email (the webpage also displays the contents of the email, explaining that it is in debug mode, and that the email was not sent, but the email was actually sent).

The email comes in invoice format (although of course it is not an Australian Tax Invoice), with bank details at the bottom (an IBAN number), and a note that you will be paying in USD via Western Union.

Now the hurdle. As stated above, I have gone ahead and created a Western Union account. This allows me to select Turkey as the destination of my payment, and allows me to select TRY (Lira), EUR or USD. However, if I select EUR or USD, there is no option to transfer money to a Turkish bank account - only option is cash from a WU agent. However, if I select TRY I can choose to deposit the money in an account.

I have investigated my CBA account, and it appears that CBA would allow me to transfer USD or EUR (as well as TRY) directly to an account in Turkey (requires the IBAN, and a SWIFT code). CBAs fee is a bit higher, and their exchange rate seems a bit lower - all up my order might cost me an extra $3.50 - so not a deal breaker when the order value is between $50-100.

Am awaiting advice from Dr Xantia on how to proceed. It's certainly a bit harder than buying stuff on eBay, but at least they/he speak(s) English. Hopefully once I have done it once it will be easier.

I have also just made my first purchase from onlinecarparts.co.uk (who are in fact German - quite pertinent in the light of the youTube speech that JBN posted in the Pond). Their minimum freight charge (108 pounds) is a bit daunting, but acceptable if you need some heavy items like disk rotors. They are incredibly efficient, but insisted that I ring them (when I wasn't able to take their call) so they could verify all the information I had given them when registering. They also wanted my VIN #, as they didn't trust me to know what I was doing. All a bit annoying, but I can see that it should ensure that my order will arrive and will be what I expected.

Cheers

Alec

Hello everyone,
    Of course it is embarrassing for me if some things go wrong..
    I do it privately I have clients in turkey (shopping for them is of course easier)
    Unfortunately, we can not use Paypal in Turkey for about 2 years. I have several times made my purchase on Ebay via Paypal. Paypal has not accepted the rules of Turkish laws therefore it was also banned and stopped.

You can read it yourself at the bottom address (So with google traslate you can translate it) https://www.paypal.com/tr/webapps/mpp/home

Let's get to our topic. I try to do everything myself. I built the website myself, prepared products, and tried the best to do so that I can grow even more and earn some money by selling a lot.

Of course some problems appear which I try to solve over time.
    I try to win your and all Xantia users' trust. I know the way to Turkey is far, sum maybe not so big but who can already find the money on the street.
    So the decision is yours.

I tell them again. If you order something please be careful that it will not be over 2 kilo.

I got my first payment via Western Union.
    I will load them a ss so they can see it too.

Yours sincerely.

And: Online Chat will also be answered by me but these days 4-6 April 2019 we have automechanic fair in istanbul therefore I am currently out of the house.wusend.jpg

Fellow Frogger

I didn't know Turkey effectively prevented PayPal operating there:
    https://www.engadget.com/2016/05/31/...es-paypal-out/
    Maybe, a change of your government might see this change too?

However, I've bought a few items from Turkey via eBay over the last two years and had no trouble paying via PayPal funded from a credit card. Paid in USD, not Turkish lira. Perhaps, those vendors operated a PayPal account in another country???

Do you have a local bank that allows you to use a payment gateway and pass a credit card payment step to them from your website? They may have a payment gateway you could use as an alternative to Western Union, which is seen as a risky proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    I didn't know Turkey effectively prevented PayPal operating there:
    https://www.engadget.com/2016/05/31/...es-paypal-out/
    Maybe, a change of your government might see this change too?

However, I've bought a few items from Turkey via eBay over the last two years and had no trouble paying via PayPal funded from a credit card. Paid in USD, not Turkish lira. Perhaps, those vendors operated a PayPal account in another country???

Do you have a local bank that allows you to use a payment gateway and pass a credit card payment step to them from your website? They may have a payment gateway you could use as an alternative to Western Union, which is seen as a risky proposition.
    Unfortunately there is no other solution I can offer for you. Either via Western Union or via IBAN account. I can also write you the swift code if you need it.
    I have previously explained that for credit card option I will get very many costs. And these costs are calculated above the product. That would not be a positive option anymore.
    I know that it is a matter of trust.
    For this I have sent you a picture for the parcel shipment where you could also check the shipping number itself. And an email ss where the money has been sent to turkey as USD.
    Unfortunately, if you want to send money via IBAN, that's not about Australia.
    Look at the picture which hint my customer has given.

I think I answered all your questions. But if you have more questions, write, I'm ready to help you.

And god News, Spain packed is delivered
    spaina.jpg
    Last edited by DrXantia; 6th April 2019 at 11:07 AM.

Hello everyone.
    I have found a quick and favorable solution after my further research.
    Over 200 countries UPT system is used. this is similar to Western Union but even more favorable.
    For those who want to shop can now use this way.
    https://www.upt.com.tr/en/index.html
    forumnoreason likes this.

Thread Information