Best place to buy new C4 1.6 HDi injectors?
  • Register
  • Help

Default Best place to buy new C4 1.6 HDi injectors?

Hi All.

Can anyone recommend a good place online (probably in Europe) to buy injectors for a C4 diesel?

Its the 9HY engine code, 110hp, no particulate filter. 200km on the clock..

We had some leaks on #4 a while back and replaced seals OK.

Just recently had a leak on #3, and wanted to get them all done for peace of mind, but the others will not budge and the mechanic has suggested having some new ones on standby in case they break them trying to remove them with the slide hammer. Re-torgued #3 to stop the leak but will need doing soon.

The fumes are pretty nasty when its leaking and have kids in the car, so want to do it properly.

Thanks
    Dan

Advertisement
    C4 Hdi - Pierre, Suby BRZ - Fuji and Wren the FRB Clio IV

With 200 k I wouldnít be putting new injectors in it I have 2 2nd hand ones but Iím sure you can get some locally the biggest danger pulling them out is damaging the tubes that the injectors slide in they can come out

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

I think thats what he was worried about. I had originally booked it in for new seals on 1,2,3 (4 done last year)
    He called me to say they wouldnt budge and to remove them he would need to use the slide hammer, but they may break and he didnt want to leave me stranded, so just re-torqued #3 to stop the leak.

Would yours fit the 9HY engine? May be interested.

Dan

Yes but you need to be very careful with the head the best way to do them is to get the motor hot then use upper cylinder cleaner to eat the crap away then get it hot again and slowly work them out removing the front rc helps heaps and donít use a slide hammer

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

Been doing more research.
    It appears that the injector bolts do loosen over time, needing to be re-torqued periodically to maintain a seal.
    For the meantime I think I'm going to do this, which will give me time to source some reasonably priced injectors for if/when i need them.

In the meantime , may use some upper cylinder cleaner to help get them out in the future. Any recommendations on brand dm?

This is what the previous owner sourced before for anyone wanting well priced refurbished Bosch unit
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Einspritzdu...UAAOSw~4taiFPj

Ac delco stuff we have in stock so I use that you shouldnít re torque the nuts because the washer can split and then you are really in destination f$&@!d over the years Iíve fitted a few of those cheap reco injectors the problem is they donít reflow test them so when you put them in you canít get the flow correct a good sh one is a better option

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

Thread Information