Cost of service for a 2015 C4 Picasso petrol
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Cost of service for a 2015 C4 Picasso petrol

Fellow Frogger!

Default Cost of service for a 2015 C4 Picasso petrol

I have just had a shock with the cost of the local dealer's fixed price 45,000km service. They quoted $745. A well-known network were only a little cheaper. I know that it is a major service but....Is this the level of pricing others have had?
    Don

Advertisement
    danielsydney likes this.
    Citroen DS21 Pallas 1970 Renault 16TS 1976 Renault 5TS 1981

Well fixed price you would have known when you got the car and the cost is Australia wide so I don’t get it plus this would be the last opportunity to get a map update.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

what did/do you get?
    grandC4picasso RHB, [email protected] , EGS6Sp, B58, MY 2012-2013 (?)

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tresbon2 View Post
    I have just had a shock with the cost of the local dealer's fixed price 45,000km service. They quoted $745. A well-known network were only a little cheaper. I know that it is a major service but....Is this the level of pricing others have had?
    Don
    We’ll probably be replacing our Astra with a Kona electric which will make the solar savings pay for our C4P .....cos it’s most definitely a keeper.
    Dealerships know what’s coming and will be assessing exactly how they transition to 500 km electric competition.
    Smart ones will embrace it because the ICE servicing charges are a significant disincentive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fellow Frogger

Some of those petrol Picassos might have had free servicing thrown in and that's easily overlooked. If you aren't sure, ask. The capped price varies by year and model and it doesn't include everything you may need - read the fine print. You can check the caps for your car at the Citroen website as there is a look up for what the capped price should be. I don't think this works for earlier cars though. The lookup leaves you guessing a little as to what is meant to be changed, but it likely includes oil and a pollen filter every year and air and fuel filters every other service. If you need brakes or wipers, Adblue for an HDi etc. those items will be outside the capped price. A dealer can charge you less than the cap if they wish as it is just a cap, neither a fixed price they must charge nor any kind of obligation to use a dealer for servicing.

1000+ Posts

Wouldn’t the VIN give all the inclusions?.

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    Some of those petrol Picassos might have had free servicing thrown in and that's easily overlooked. If you aren't sure, ask. The capped price varies by year and model and it doesn't include everything you may need - read the fine print. You can check the caps for your car at the Citroen website as there is a look up for what the capped price should be. I don't think this works for earlier cars though. A dealer can charge you less of course. The lookup leaves you guessing a little as to what is meant to be changed, but it likely includes oil and a pollen filter every year and air and fuel filters every other service. If you need brakes or wipers, Adblue for an HDi etc. those items will be outside the capped price.
    Adblue is included

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

Fellow Frogger

Nagaman, try your VIN. The last time I looked it had the price caps, but no listing of operations/parts.
    Nagaman likes this.

Fellow Frogger

Quote Originally Posted by dmccurtayne View Post
    Adblue is included
    Adblue is specifically excluded in the T&C:
    https://service.citroen.com.au/citro...20170803v1.jsp

On vehicles fitted with self fill AdBlue® system, the AdBlue® is not included as part of the servicing schedule or Published Price. The self fill AdBlue® system can be identified by a secondary blue filler cap located within the fuel filler flap area.

Well we better start charging for it

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

1000+ Posts

Is this model still under the 4 year timing belt cycle? Maybe it includes that.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Chain

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

Fellow Frogger

It's an EP6 engine and has a timing chain. It may include plugs though as they have a change interval of 40K and that does seem to be about their service limit.

Edit: Snap!

1000+ Posts

Ours has a tad of cold start misfiring which clears after ~ 20 seconds.

1000+ Posts

Duh I'm thick. I knew that as I'd looked at these a while back as a purchase option for a friend.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Fellow Frogger

Quote Originally Posted by Stuey View Post
    Duh I'm thick. I knew that as I'd looked at these a while back as a purchase option for a friend.
    From the movie Ruthless People.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS6l...=youtu.be&t=51

and ... negotiating a ransom ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT5iqTgypVs
    Is this a bit like asking for service quotes?

1000+ Posts

As an aside; has anyone researched a new windscreen for availability and cost?.
    It must be the world’s biggest for a car.

bbg
    Tadpole

Many capped service prices are still more than a good independent garage will charge. Try a local, not a chain/franchise for a comparison. Our Renault log book compliant service was $300 less at the local than the dealer capped price! They even told me a lot of the bits were not needed, excepting for warranty compliance so it should/would have been another $100 or so less if not for that pesky warranty requirement.

1000+ Posts

Looong warranties are the bait and the ‘fixed (high) price’ is the ‘catch’.

1000+ Posts

FWIW
    Wiper blades - Bosch 750&800mm are available from Sparesbox at a considerable savings.

Last edited by Nagaman; 29th May 2019 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bbg View Post
    Many capped service prices are still more than a good independent garage will charge. Try a local, not a chain/franchise for a comparison. Our Renault log book compliant service was $300 less at the local than the dealer capped price! They even told me a lot of the bits were not needed, excepting for warranty compliance so it should/would have been another $100 or so less if not for that pesky warranty requirement.
    Most are half doing the job some aren’t but most and what do you mean warranty compliance that doesn’t make sense if it’s listed in the schedule it needs to be done

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

1000+ Posts

I service my, and my family's cars often enough to know the times to do the jobs by the book, being thorough, and the cost of the various consumables and filters etc. I have all the needed equipment. We all find dealer fixed service charges beyond sense and try to keep away. The general feeling is that the service departments subsidise the salesroom. Mobile and independent mechanics also seem to set their prices with an eye on the dealership competition.

1000+ Posts

The factory extending the warranty period is a form of financial support to it’s dealerships’ profitable servicing division which in turn underpins their financial survival.

bbg
    Tadpole

dmcurrtayne -> Most are half doing the job some aren’t but most and what do you mean warranty compliance that doesn’t make sense if it’s listed in the schedule it needs to be done

New platinum plugs at 22,000km at the 4 year service. Right they needed to be changed, if you say so. It was only because the warranty would have been voided if they were not changed out as scheduled. Having chosen to sledge independents one might think you have a vested interest - those around for decades at the same location have been around for a reason, and it is not because they do not properly service vehicles.

1000+ Posts

I’m basically a one pedal driver - the hypermiler type.
    I fear I’m going to have to tell the servicing division NOT to ‘supply and fit’ new pads and certainly not rotors.
    I’m not sure if they act ‘on condition’ or simply by time/distance.
    Extended warranties are a double edged sword.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information