• 5 Post By UFO

Thread: Anniversary event in France

Default Anniversary event in France

Anyone going to this?

it would be a hoot.

https://en.citroencc.com/

Advertisement

UFO

Yep. Booked months ago. Flights booked, accommodation booked. Heck we've even started the application for a TT lease car via Michelle Slater at Eurogroup in Perth (AussieFrogs discount available). However we will be at the event in a CX

I think so far there are over 5,000 vehicles plus passengers entered.

Due to new security regulations in France you MUST register by 1 May. You will not be admitted if you just turn up on the weekend or try to register post 1 May.

Here is a link to a PDF download of a recent newsletter. (it may download to your downloads folder rather than opening in your browser)

Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Timely information! I will be on my first visit to Europe in June and July! You wouldn't happen to have any more CX's that want a driver...?

I am sorely tempted but July in France aside from usually marvellous hot weather could be a headache on the highhway. Good for you for signig up. When I went to see the cars in Paris for the D anniversary in 2005 I had to get away after many hours because the exhaust and the relentless honking had cooked my motor! Like some of the D's that had been snailing here way through the avenues to the Eiffel.
    I needed numerous frothies to compensate.

Yes I'd love to go to this.

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by FedGrapes View Post
    Timely information! I will be on my first visit to Europe in June and July! You wouldn't happen to have any more CX's that want a driver...?
    Ah, non!
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    Yep. Booked months ago. Flights booked, accommodation booked. Heck we've even started the application for a TT lease car via Michelle Slater at Eurogroup in Perth (AussieFrogs discount available). However we will be at the event in a CX

I think so far there are over 5,000 vehicles plus passengers entered.

Due to new security regulations in France you MUST register by 1 May. You will not be admitted if you just turn up on the weekend or try to register post 1 May.

Here is a link to a PDF download of a recent newsletter. (it may download to your downloads folder rather than opening in your browser)

Some good news and some bad.

First the good...

We learned today that the registration period has been extended into early June - so if you haven't registered yet you still can. It will NOT be possible to turn up on the day and register to attend the event.

Now the bad (for Mrs UFO and I). I received a message from FedGrapes last night about meeting up etc at the event. Here is my reply and it explains the bad news. For those of you attending, please have a great time and take lots of pics and video.

In late Feb I was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma and have been under successful treatment since then. However the treatment will not be complete in time for us to travel. Deb was in fact due to leave next week for a few weeks in the UK before we met in Paris on 16 June for a big drive pre Centenary.

But alas no!

Fortunately we have travel insurance.

We are very disappointed we cannot go as we had been planning for over four years after our friends Alain and Valerie told us what was happening. Alain is the president of the organising group and Valerie is registration manager.

Have lots of fun and take and upload LOTS of pics.

Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

that is no good Craig. I don't know you of course apart from on here but I hope you're ok and fighting the fight!

And a speedy recovery, best wishes Steven

COL

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    Some good news and some bad.

First the good...

We learned today that the registration period has been extended into early June - so if you haven't registered yet you still can. It will NOT be possible to turn up on the day and register to attend the event.

Now the bad (for Mrs UFO and I). I received a message from FedGrapes last night about meeting up etc at the event. Here is my reply and it explains the bad news. For those of you attending, please have a great time and take lots of pics and video.

In late Feb I was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma and have been under successful treatment since then. However the treatment will not be complete in time for us to travel. Deb was in fact due to leave next week for a few weeks in the UK before we met in Paris on 16 June for a big drive pre Centenary.

But alas no!

Fortunately we have travel insurance.

We are very disappointed we cannot go as we had been planning for over four years after our friends Alain and Valerie told us what was happening. Alain is the president of the organising group and Valerie is registration manager.

Have lots of fun and take and upload LOTS of pics.

Get well soon Craig
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

UFO

Sorry - I should have added. Treatment is going VERY well.

Thanks for your kind wishes.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

1000+ Posts

That's very bad timing Craig, but you had no choice but to cancel. Glad to hear the treatment is going well - hope you make a full recovery!

Cheers

Alec

Thread Information