O7 c4 picasso esp/asr hand brake fault
  • Register
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Default O7 c4 picasso esp/asr hand brake fault

My sons car in maroubra sydney ,auto hand brake isnt working ,i have done some searching on the net and it seems that the abs system ,could have a fault ,no doubt the computer has to see that the care is moving before it releases the hand brake ,also the pedal switch ,was mentioned ,he dousnt have a reader ,to locate the problem ,can anyone sagest were he might get it read ,or were to start from here ,someone on the net cleaned the abs wheel sensors and connections and rectified this problem, so maybe that would be a good start .pugs

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Seems like i have to reply to this, to get on new posts, see how we go, pugs

Well it posted and i think dmcurtayne knows some tricks for this
    grandC4picasso RHB, [email protected] , EGS6Sp, B58, MY 2012-2013 (?)

Fellow Frogger

NRMA can read codes. Can it be released using the control on the dash? Are you only saying it won't release automatically or it won't release at all? Or will it not apply? ??? Aside from the secondary brake control switch (which can fail), there is a manual release if all else fails. Under one of the front seats there is an access point beneath a flap of carpet and you turn a rod there to release. It will be in the handbook. If by not working, you mean it won't apply, then check that the cables are still attached to the black plastic Y piece in the middle. There is a small steel plate inside that and there was a recall to ensure it stayed put, but sometimes worked loose.

1000+ Posts

Dousnt work manually or automatically ,no light on the control button ,recherche seems to indicate that the hand brake douse this because its ,not getting an abs signal ,dousnt apply the hand brake ,because it wont know when you drive off and it has to release ,im trying to contact him ,to get him to check the abs wheel senders and there connections ,as this seems to have worked for otheres on the net who have had the same problem ,pugs ,ps my son has seen somewhere that ,if this code is ignored the car will eventually shut ,down , so ,,he is keen to get it fixed ,thanks for your reply ,

Has he tried to manually release crank handle in tool kit hole under passenger seat only turn it clock wise. The hand brake is released when the module gets a engine torque signal but some other common problems can be brake switch when using the hand brake switch coms in the ecus normally flat or failing battery. Really needs the codes read to point the correct way to go roadside assistance thatís in most insurance can help here.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

Fellow Frogger

Applogies for the layout of this. The forum seems to have dropped line breaks. .... There are a few service bulletins for the handbrake. There are lots of possible faults (below), but you would apparently be most worried about fault C1556 as it may mean replacing the handbrake mechanism. You should first check battery age and condition, connectors, earth points and the harness for a possible rub through near the pedal gear support stay. *** Some preliminary checks per diagnosis info: In the event of a malfunctioning of the electronic parking brake, if a long press on the activation button makes the parking brake operate, then it is not necessary to replace it. A fault on the ESP ECU or the engine ECU can cause this message to appear "Electronic parking brake malfunctioning", deactivating the automatic application function. *** A list of possible handbrake faults (trailing number is priority): C154E Number of electric parking brake application cycles warning 1 C1550 Brake cable faults 1 C1551 Force sensor fault : Short circuit to earth or short circuit to positive 1 C1552 Force sensor fault : Coherence 1 C1553 Electric motor temperature sensor fault : Short circuit to earth or short circuit to positive 1 C1554 Electric motor temperature sensor fault : Coherence 1 C1555 Activation/deactivation control fault of the electrically-controlled parking brake : Short circuit to earth or short circuit to positive 1 C1556 Electric motor control fault : Short circuit to earth or short circuit to positive 1 C1559 System locked : Electric motor, cables or calipers 1 / 2 C155A Electrically-controlled parking brake not calibrated : Travel-effort pattern 1 C155E Mechanical release of the Electric Parking Brake detected fault 1 C155F Reference value sent by the stability control (ESP) ECU not coherent fault 2 C1622 Processing of the motor activation request by the Electric Parking Brake not coherent fault 2 P0562 ECU supply low voltage fault 2 P0563 ECU supply over-voltage fault 2 P0602 ECU downloading fault 1 P0603 ECU fault 1 P0604 ECU fault 1 P0605 ECU fault 1 P0606 ECU fault 1 U1000 Electric Parking Brake ECU not communicating fault 2 U1003 General CAN fault 2 U1108 No communication with the engine management ECU fault : No signal 2 U1113 Fault - absence of communication with the stability control (ESP) ECU : No signal 2 U1118 Fault: absence of communication with the built-in systems interface : No signal 2 U1208 No communication with the engine ECU fault : Value received incorrect 2 U1213 Fault - absence of communication with the stability control (ESP) ECU : Value received incorrect 2 U1313 Fault in the reception of the partial triggering message by the built-in systems interface (BSI) 2 U2000 Fault - main triggering status word reception anomaly : Data invalid 2 U2002 Remotely controlled reawakening mode fault : Short circuit to earth 2 U2003 Fault: incoherence of principal wake-up 2 U2219 Fault in the transmission of the message concerning the partial triggering by the electronic parking brake : Coherence 2 **** For non-release, the suspect areas include: Vehicle configuration (Multifunction screen) Downloading of the electronic parking brake ECU software Configuration of ECU ABS/ESP Parking brake cables Parking brake electric control Connectors Electrical harnesses

1000+ Posts

Yes thank you ,he most defiantly needs the code ,hand brake dousent work dousnt come on ,dousnt light up ,thanks for your reply's ,will get the codes read ,pugs

1000+ Posts

These are the codes from most current ,5559,1208,1219, d108 , u1108 ,po788, po113,p0102 p1351 ,, says u1219 automatic release of hand brake u1208 absence of communication with engine management ecu 5559 please refer to official manual ,my son says the guy who got the codes has quoted him $220 to fix it ,he seems to think the origin of the problem is in the trany ,which seems to tie in to dmccurtayne s post ,engine torque signal , dont know who he took it to ,am waiting to here back from him, i have a pic of the mechanics report ,but am haveing trouble getting it up here thanks pugs

Default O7 c4 picasso esp/asr hand brake fault

I would load test the battery clear all codes and recheck putting a battery saver or jumper leads on it wonít always save a dead battery

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

1000+ Posts

The guy who did the codes persuaded him to change the oil and filter so he could have another look ,while it was on the hoist they found that the hand brake center cable is damaged ,under rear passenger seat ,so my son it now trying to locate a cable and replace it ,im supposing there may be some procedure, involved in that ,pugs ,ps the guy noted a lot of other stuf that needed attention asap including wiper blades that had been renewed a couple of weeks ago ,

Fellow Frogger

PicknPayless has one at the moment if he's into DIY:
    Wrecking Citroen C4
    If he wanted a spare handbrake system, he'd need to remove the left seat, release the handbrake manually and remove the unit and it's cables. Fitting involves recalibration via the factory diagnostic tool.
    There should be a few at other wreckers in case he just wants to buy a used unit or just a cable.

This is the parts diagram and it seems the centre cable is available separately:
    C4P_HBrake.JPG

1000+ Posts

Thanks for the feedback ,pugs

1000+ Posts

Just replaced the unit under the seat which includes the front cable ,disconnected the battery did the change ,re connected ,including the seat before re connecting the battery ,i had my son pull on the cable while i operated the switch ,first off it pulled in a little second switching the cable wound out ,till we had enough length to connect it ,re installed the seat ,ever things working fine now ,ps i was concerned that if the cable had tried to wind out without pressure on it, it may have tangled up in th winch ,i have the old unit and intend to pull it apart to see how it works and how the cable is attached .pugs

Thread Information