• Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Budge

Thread: DS Air Con.

Tadpole

Default DS Air Con.

Hi All,

Looking for some info and pics of under-bumper louvres on the valance/scuttle for air con condenser intakes on a DS.

Advertisement

My new friend, Boyracer, has provided great info on the subject, and chat. Thanks, M.

All/any help greatly appreciated,

Matthew from UK.

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Matt
    What happens? You join Aussiefrogs and someone from the UK replies......

Do you mean the slotted bumpers or am I showing my ignorance? I'm sure someone here can help. You will also find some useful AC photos on the Citrothello site. I'll see if I can find a specific link.
    GreenBlood and JohnW like this.
    1968 DS21bvh Pallas in Gris Palladium

Restoration blog: https://ds-restoration.blogspot.co.uk

Fellow Frogger!

Tadpole

Thanks, Paul,

But I'm looking for modified under-bumper scuttle/valance pics with louvres integrated into the metal to feed condensers, not the standard vented air con bumpers.

Thanks for the effort, though.

Kind Regards,

Matthew.

Fellow Frogger!

No problems. You were pretty clear in your question really. Don't think I've seen that variant myself - only the version with louvres on the wheel arch side. It's likely someone on here knows the version you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Budge View Post
    No problems. You were pretty clear in your question really. Don't think I've seen that variant myself - only the version with louvres on the wheel arch side. It's likely someone on here knows the version you mean.
    I'm going to stick my neck out and say factory fitted a/c cars never had the vents in the valance - parts catalogue 648 bares this out. The panel for the wheel arch has a different number for cars fitted with 'climate' (with and without the grill) but only one part number for the valance.

Having said that I have seen cars here in Aus with the valance modified to push more air through the condensers, usually a rectangular hole and a grill fitted over.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post
    I'm going to stick my neck out and say factory fitted a/c cars never had the vents in the valance - parts catalogue 648 bares this out. The panel for the wheel arch has a different number for cars fitted with 'climate' (with and without the grill) but only one part number for the valance.

Having said that I have seen cars here in Aus with the valance modified to push more air through the condensers, usually a rectangular hole and a grill fitted over.

Cheers
    Chris
    It was also common practice in OZ to remove the rubber sealing strip between the wing and the stainless steel bumper all in an attempt to increase airflow across the condensers. My DS23 came with those sealing strips absent .. and from one of the highest authorities in the wide brown hot land.

Thread Information