Citroen C5 parts supplier
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Citroen C5 parts supplier

Hi everyone,
    New to the forum since my latest purchase of 2012 C5 X7 exclusive wagon. I think it's the 160hp model. Love it. Reminds me of my old bx 1.7 turbo which never let me down. Finally gets crossed!

Advertisement

A couple of minor problems including fan stuck on maximum power. Read posts on here and in UK forum, and think I've located the controller. Checked Fuse under bonnet and it's ok. So, need the part. Can anyone identify the part number and any alternative suppliers who can beat the main dealers if fitting yourself?
    Thanks to all the contributors....I'm wading my way through lots but find it very interesting. It takes me back to my early 20's when I kept an old and we'll worn vw combi going round Europe with a manual and asking questions of others on the road.

Finally, any good mechanics for these on the Sunshine coast? I'm also down towards Coffs quite often.
    Michael

Default Citroen C5 parts supplier

Iím assuming your talking about the radiator fan module you can get them for 40 bucks online but donít bother get a genuine one from eai or dealer not much difference in price

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

Tadpole

You could try Richard Teh in Carindale, Brisbane. Iíve bought parts from him at very good prices, heís on Gumtree for initial contact. Has spares on hand and can obtain the ones he doesnít stock.
    Knows what heís talking about after many years involvement with the French marques.

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

Tadpole

It's the internal fan that blows air that is only working on full blast DMC. Thanks for tip re parts but who is eai?

Alan, I'll try Richard Teh for sure.

But now I've a worse problem. After all my rummaging around, the AC is not working.....no cold air although the fan is blasting away. Must be something I did. Any ideas?

All I did was open the dash and look around for the Fan controller. i moved wires around to see better, disconnected the lower dash light to remove the panel and checked the fuse for the air con blower in the engine fuse box. I've even replaced it now with a new on in case Id damaged it.

Is there another fuse for the air con or any ideas on what I've accidentally changed? No Ac and I've a 6 hour drive on Wednesday!

The ac needs fan info to work so likely the module will fix both but if you just went under the dash I doubt you could break anything of any consequence

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

1000+ Posts

EAI= European Auto Imports, Sydney and Melbourne. index

1000+ Posts

PS 2012 would be an RHH diesel engine (look for the letters RHH in the VIN), also known as the DW10CTED4. It is rated at 120 kW, 340 Nm at 2000 rpm. Compression ratio is 16:1. You'll notice that the transmission tries to stay around 2000 rpm.

In that year you could also get a 1.6 turbo petrol, 110 kW, 240 Nm, though it is less common.

Tadpole

Well the good news is - I got the fan controller from Richard as advised, fitted it and now both fan and AC are working. It really was awkward. Boy, I learned a few things about C5's, forums, parts suppliers etc from you guys.

Much appreciated - Thank you.

Thread Information