Gnoo Blas Classic Autofest Orange, NSW, 16-17 February 2019
  • Register
  • Help

Default Gnoo Blas Classic Autofest Orange, NSW, 16-17 February 2019

There will be at least one DS entered for this major classic car show in Orange on 16-17 Feb. I will be taking our DS23 up to Orange and there may be one or two others in the Central West of NSW or nearby, who would like to join us? As well as the show on Saturday, a special dinner is organised for Saturday night, with two prominent speakers connected to the car racing world.

The venue is the Sir Jack Brabham Reserve on the site of the original Gnoo Blass race track which operated in the 1950s and is apparently the track where a 100 mph lap was first recorded in Australia (see website at at Gnooblas Classic Car Club | Orange NSW )
    Hoping to see some other Cits in Orange on the 16th...

Ken

Advertisement

Hi Ken

Sounds like a good idea. I have been to this event before and can highly recommend it. I spoke to Denis and he said that there are plenty of places still left for cars and dinner. Some people even register their cars on the day.

When booking for Saturday nights dinner, if we CitroŽn people mention on the booking form that we want to be seated at the same table, then that would be good.

See you there,

Cheers,

Brian and Mary
    1970 D Super. (Little Miss Petite).

To quote Maxwell Smart........"And Loving It!"

Does anyone have any more info on this, as I am thinking of going.

The website is not clear on which day is which, other than a drive on the sunday morning, ending in park which is not the circuit, tending to indicate that the main display is the day before.

There are not even times mentioned that I can see.

Yes, the main display is on the Saturday starting from around 9.00 AM and going til late afternoon. I am driving up on Saturday morning, planning to arrive around 9.30-10.00. Apparently a shuttle bus will be running between the site and the town, though there will be the usual food stalls, souvenirs etc on site.
    Hope this helps.

Ken

Thread Information