• 2 Post By JAJEA
  • 1 Post By JAJEA
  • 2 Post By gerrypro
  • 5 Post By DoubleChevron

Thread: Id19 needs a RWC in Melbourne

Tadpole

Default Id19 needs a RWC in Melbourne

Iíve just bought a white ID off Wilrex.

I need to get a RWC and then put it on club rego. Can anyone recommend a workshop in the west of Melbourne who could look at this without freaking out?

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Disgrantled

Not sure about West of Melbourne about within the Melbourne Metro area, I would suggest

Evan's Classic Cars in Box Hill
    Intermarque in Collingwood

Regards Syd
    37dhw8 and ajaxvte like this.
    1974 Citroen D Special (Blanc Meije)
    1989 Citroen 2CV 6 Dolly (Plum & Custard)

Previously owned Frenchies -
    1976 Citroen GS 1220
    1997 Peugeot 306 XSi
    1995 Citroen XM Series II V6 (Vert Vega)

Congratulations, Disgruntled, on purchasing the finest car ever created.

I'm also not sure about Western suburbs, but I have found Brad at CB Motors, Preston, to be very fair and a genuinely nice fellow.

I suspect it will help that the RWC is for you, for the purposes of club plates....but agents need to apply fairly rigorous standards.Cleanliness underneath, no leaks, good tyres / rubber boots / everything operational will make a difference. Good luck and may you have many years of pleasurable motoring in your ID. I ran an ID as my daily for over 30 years here in Melbourne.

If you've not already joined one of our clubs - CCOCA / CCCV - please consider doing so as they provide opportunity to befriend people with much knowledge.

Best wishes,

Tim
    gsowner84 and JohnW like this.
    Current Garage:

'07 C5 Wagon
    '57 DS19
    '51 11BL
    '55 Big 15
    '56 Bentley S1

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Middlemoon.1 View Post
    Congratulations, Disgruntled, on purchasing the finest car ever created.

I'm also not sure about Western suburbs, but I have found Brad at CB Motors, Preston, to be very fair and a genuinely nice fellow.

I suspect it will help that the RWC is for you, for the purposes of club plates....but agents need to apply fairly rigorous standards.Cleanliness underneath, no leaks, good tyres / rubber boots / everything operational will make a difference. Good luck and may you have many years of pleasurable motoring in your ID. I ran an ID as my daily for over 30 years here in Melbourne.

If you've not already joined one of our clubs - CCOCA / CCCV - please consider doing so as they provide opportunity to befriend people with much knowledge.

Best wishes,

Tim
    Rexs car should be fine. Every bit on it probably painted and refreshed with new rubbers ... I'm sure it'll sail straight through where ever it goes.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Tadpole

Thank you gents.

Itís an honest bus which Iíll be happy to use and get the odd scratch on. Once I get the pinging and a few things sorted itíll be going to work a few times a week in the cbd.

Now to figure out what to do with the other ID wreck in the backyard. Iíll keep you posted.

Scott

Ah ha! Was wondering when this car pops up on aussiefrogs. I think you bought a nice project Scott. I rang Rex and you were already on the way to Ballarat... “ missed it by THAT much” ����. Better luck next time...

enjoy. Sven
    GreenBlood likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bleudanube View Post
    Ah ha! Was wondering when this car pops up on aussiefrogs. I think you bought a nice project Scott. I rang Rex and you were already on the way to Ballarat... “ missed it by THAT much” ����. Better luck next time...

enjoy. Sven
    I think you need an SM Sven. . . hold out

Cheers
    Chris
    JohnW likes this.
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Dťesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Dťesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Dťesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Fellow Frogger!

cannot help with a suggestion for the west of melbourne

but in the inner north - M&G [or better known locally as Maiolo's] are in North Fitzroy

Repco garage, full rwc services and three brothers who between them cover the trades

Tony has been more than helpful with my cars

they don't mind old stuff, and are scrupulously fair and honest

197 St Georges Road, North Fitzroy
    9481 6948

jon
    gsowner84 likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

A "paddock car" out in the blazing sun West of Bendigo, is where I picked up this early Heidelberg ID. Gaston Saint, a Humber man, loved his Citroens and this one had some new paint in the boot and rear floor before it went out in the paddock surrounded by Humbers and a lonely '60 French ID beside it. A tail light lens on the parcel shelf, melted by the intense heat.
    Luckily Gaston's nephew wouldn't allow the cars to be stripped for parts so that's when I came along.
    The "lonely '60 French ID" is too far gone with rust and has been invaluable for parts but the car, Disgruntled now owns; I stored in my shed wondering of it's future.
    Driving my French '60 ID, to Clunes Truck and car show, I met Rex Bridges who took this early Heidelberg ID off my hands and restored it converting over to LHM as he went.
    Ofcourse ..... I am very pleased with the outcome.
    I'll end on a "sour" note saying that the Club Permit Scheme does not permit the car being used for commercial gain. As one is paid a wage when employed, a vehicle on a club permit cannot be used to go to and from work.
    The penalties are serious so you might look at a full registration as the change from going from a permit to full rego later will mean another roadworthy.
    I wish you well ..Disgruntled ....... Michael Paas
    gsowner84 and Middlemoon.1 like this.

Yes Michael, and Harriet was plucked by me from a paddock in the Gurdies, South Gippsland. Thirty years later, a valuable and appreciating asset in Queensland. Hopefully, disgruntled, you will become less and less disgruntled everyday as you get to know and love your ID

And by the way, if you start a conversation with a RWC agent and get a negative vibe from them, take your leave quick. Sus them out before you commit or pay anything. Life is too short.

Tim
    Last edited by Middlemoon.1; 20th January 2019 at 01:14 PM.
    Current Garage:

'07 C5 Wagon
    '57 DS19
    '51 11BL
    '55 Big 15
    '56 Bentley S1

Michael, that's not my reading of the rules of Victoria's club permit scheme. From memory, the relevant rule is that you can use the vehicle for any purpose other than "the carriage of passengers or goods for hire or reward". So you can't cart firewood to sell, or livestock to market, or parts to a swap meet, whether for yourself or someone else. Nor can you charge for use of your vehicle as a wedding car. But driving to work is not hire or reward because you aren't rewarded for driving there, only when you get there. So you can drive a club permit vehicle to work.

Roger
    UFO and Trading Estate like this.

Tadpole

Thanks gents

Wally at AF Auto in Footscray sorted it out. Was good to deal with, didn't complain about French stuff.
    Balouk likes this.

Fellow Frogger

Good result Disgruntled.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Wilkinson View Post
    ...But driving to work is not hire or reward because you aren't rewarded for driving there, only when you get there. So you can drive a club permit vehicle to work....
    It's also the case that the ATO regards driving from home to work for employees as an entirely private undertaking and will not let you claim a deduction for the use of the car between home and work. So, you could arguably say there is no reward arising from just going to work and back home if you are an employee. However, if you claim to have a home office or you use the car for work purposes once you have arrived at work, that would let you claim a reward as an allowance and a deduction for use of the car. Consult your club of course.
    UFO likes this.

Even if you receive an allowance of some kind for driving to work, it is still not carriage of passengers for hire or reward because you are not a passenger. If you were paid an allowance for driving a car pool, that might be a problem. But if you and a friend take turns at driving your own vehicle and giving the other a lift, that is probably not hire or reward.

Roger

Fellow Frogger!

Are you still debating this issue about using a club permit vehicle to drive to and from work? Just ask the permit officer when you obtain your log book.
    After my last post, I put to my club permit officer; Can I drive my permit vehicle to and from work .... the answer was NO.
    Unfortunately Vic Roads is encouraging people to "Dob" in a person doing the wrong thing so if your car is seen at your workplace a few days running and you do get "dobbed in" you will be landed with a $750 fine.
    Michael

[QUOTE=IDear;1611098]Are you still deba
    ing this issue about using a club permit vehicle to drive to and from work? Just ask the permit officer when you obtain your log book.
    After my last post, I put to my club permit officer; Can I drive my permit vehicle to and from work .... the answer was NO.
    Unfortunately Vic Roads is encouraging people to "Dob" in a person doing the wrong thing so if your car is seen at your workplace a few days running and you do get "dobbed in" you will be landed with a $750 fine.
    Michael[/QUO

Michael,
    I would change "my club permit officer"
    John

Previous went prematurely.

Roger is correct.VicRoads simply limit the time that the "club" vehicle is allowed on the road 45 or 90 days and their use on (Australian roads BTW) Victorian roads is pretty well just the same as a full 365 day registered vehicle.
    Change or educate your club officer.
    UFO likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

I would like this to be the case as much as you JAJEA. I was told once to "never assume".
    If you can tell me that you did contact your Club Safety Officer with this query and your answer was as we all wish then I shall remain quiet until I can confirm it once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by IDear View Post
    Are you still debating this issue about using a club permit vehicle to drive to and from work? Just ask the permit officer when you obtain your log book.
    Michael
    There is no problem with this as long as the Permit Log Book is correctly filled in for the useage that day. Some people have been caught out not filling in the log book and trying to cheat the system. This kind of behaviour will ruin a good system and will hurt all of the conscientious honest people holding permits!
    Cheers Gerry

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gerrypro View Post
    There is no problem with this as long as the Permit Log Book is correctly filled in for the useage that day. Some people have been caught out not filling in the log book and trying to cheat the system. This kind of behaviour will ruin a good system and will hurt all of the conscientious honest people holding permits!
    Its really easy to forget to fill in a logbook. There has been many times where I've frantically pulled over to fill in a logbook ..... after spotting it sitting on the dash. Its a BIG fine if you ever get caught without it filled in. I make sure it is ALWAYS filled in. You see you don't want to drive the car 10days straight .... and get pulled over on the 10th day and have the police say "I have seen this car around everyday for the last 2weeks and there isn't any days recorded in your logbook".

I drive my car to work often over summer..... Its my job as a father to make sure I embarrass the kids as much as possible by dropping them off at school in my proper cars

seeya
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

UFO

Michael P - as others have implied, the interpretation by the club officer is incorrect. NSW has pretty much the same scheme now and there are no stated restrictions on driving the vehicle to or from work. eg leave home, drive to the office, park the car, work for the day, return home etc.

However if "work" consisted of driving around from site to site as a tradesman or between meetings then that would be against the rules.

You can also not use the vehicle for financial gain for things such as a wedding/school formal hire car.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thread Information