DS23 Seat Covers
  • Register
  • Help

Default DS23 Seat Covers

The seats in my DS23 are beyond repair and Iíd like to get some seat covers (and new leather upholstery if you have any lying around).

Advertisement

Just wondering what the recommended brands and styles are.

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

Seat cover or upholstery plans might help if there isnít a reasonably priced option

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secretsenor View Post
    Seat cover or upholstery plans might help if there isnít a reasonably priced option

Best option for me I found was from "Der Fransoze" -catalogue online- All the seats were re done for i think $600 or could be Euros.

Good quality, double stitching like the original. You simply remove your upholstery from the sculptured foam seats and slip on the new ones on. Perfect fit, good choice of colours. You may even find some money stashed under the old upholstery. If you do the door cards as well, beware, the shade is not the same as the seats material. What colour is yours?
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

I would like to get a set of good quality sheep skin seat covers .
    Have tried all the usual suspects locally to no avail .
    Any leads would be appreciated .
    Peugeot 504 Rally car V6
    Peugeot 504 LTI
    Peugeot 504 Ti
    Citroen SM
    Citroen Light 15
    Peugeot 406 SV 5 speed
    Citroen DS23 EFi Safari
    Toyota Land Criuser V8 Super charged ( to tow the rally car )
    Rally with www.AMSAG.com.au

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

mmmmm....... 679 Euros now plus postage, BUT take off 20% GST for Australia:
    https://www.franzose.de/en/Citroen-D...f=seat&page=2/
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

i would check CitArt for the various 'quality' fabric options available. Leather is a different proposition, especially with the AUS$. but Adrian Stern still the best.
    M.BERRY
    68 DS21 BVH
    70 D Super

Fellow Frogger

Are they currently covered in leather or fabric? There are some differences in the seat construction/shape if going from fabric to leather. You may see this mentioned by some of the kit vendors. You will likely find the foam is rubbish once you strip away the old covers, so consider how you might approach that. New covers from a kit may seem loose on old foam and the headrest frames can add a degree of difficulty if the cut is not quite right, say a fraction too wide.

The original leather is quite thick compared to most automotive leathers today, so just finding a 'black leather' may give you a 'wrong' look and feel if originality is hoped for. Aside from the grain, black leather is just black, but the two browns used were slightly speckled. In particular, the lighter Naturel used before 1971 is very obviously speckled with a darker tanning on the top of the grain. The repro kits sold by Citron Pieces replicated this fairly well for one car renovated a decade ago. This isn't anywhere as obvious with the darker Tabac trim. If the leather has been painted in the past, you usually lose the speckled look. For a later car such as a DS23, Tabac is the correct brown, but a straight brown leather looks excellent anyway. If converting from fabric, the B pillars were covered in black vinyl and also need to be covered in leather to appear correct. However, it's your car, so entirely your choice ... until your begin to worry about resale.

In a car that is quite hot inside, fabric does have some advantages. It's also significantly less expensive than leather.

Tabac leather - was considering a burgundy colour as well for reupholstery

The seat covers idea was to cover the seats while I saved my pennies - and use on the new leather upholstery if required.

*bump...

No ideas for aftermarket seat covers?

Thread Information