Inappropriate flashing
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By blahblah
  • 3 Post By Ceenine

Thread: Inappropriate flashing

Default Inappropriate flashing

I have finally solved the EGS repair on the C4 caused by sloppy reinstallation of positive lead from battery to the BSM fusebox touching the casing of the main ECU. Sorted after short period (48 months) culminating today in exploratory drag down the local country road outside the front of the property, flipping through the 6 speeds of the EGS gearbox. All fine , fabulous in fact (the emotion was extraordinary) except that I continue to have the following faults, and they are:-

• Remote will only lock car but will not unlock it (requires key on passenger side door to achieve unlock), and
    • Direction indicators flash in the pod just beyond ,in relation to the driver, the steering wheel,in half second repetitions and left/right flashing simultaneously, and
    • Front indicator lights flash together in half second repetitions upon opening drivers side door, and
    • Rear lights flah in same timing sequence to front indicator light but stay on longer than from indicator lights (one minute 45 seconds from commencement), and
    • ...well that's enough isn't it?

All lighting functions otherwise operate properly.

Advertisement

The first respondent to provide a solution to this "security" problem will be sent 2 bottles of superior Tasmania cool climate (naturally) of Pinot Gris, freight free of course.

I had forgotten what a fun car it is to drive.

PS
    Key fob battery measured voltage is 2.9
    Security locking activates after about 5 seconds after moving off from rest , which it didn't before I fried the ECU.
    2014 C5 2.2 HDI Limited Edition Sedan
    2007 C5 2.2 HDI Hatchback
    2007 C4 1.6 HDI EGS Sedan
    Peugeot Mi16 Series 2

I would be checking fuses mainly shunt fuses it seems like you have a power turn on problem like you donít have constant power and itís triggering late on the wake up line also if you hold down the inside lock button with the engine running it will turn off auto lock.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

I think this years resilience and determination award goes to Ceenine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JohnW likes this.

And this first fortnight of the New Year's award to those providing assistance to those in automotive distress goes to Dimistyle and dmmccurtayne. A bottle of Tasmania's best to each of you is on its way after confirming address
    Ceenine, undemocratically elected chairman of judging panel
    Kenfuego, dimistyle and JohnW like this.
    Peugeot Mi16 Series 2

Can the moderator explain why my "Inappropriate flashing" posts have split into two sections. Battery problem, rear lights malfunction, bad earth somewhere, or should I merely turn my computer of and on?
    Peugeot Mi16 Series 2

Thread Information